Living World Season 4: "A Star to Guide Us" devs here – ask us anything!

Mike Zadorojny.7058

• ArenaNet Staff

Hey everyone!

This morning we released the latest episode of Living World Season 4, "A Star to Guide Us". In this release, players will get to explore the Jahai Bluffs, a section of Kourna that is under assault by Kralkatorrik's forces and an area that we have not seen since Guild Wars: Nightfall. You will be able to unlock and build up Sun's Refuge, a long lost Sunspear safe haven, to regroup your forces and unlock additional stories and rewards as you gear up to talk on the Branded. A brand new legendary scepter, Xiuquatl, is yours for the crafting, along with its serpentine familiar. And finally, journey into the Mystic Forge with 9 of your most formidable allies to take on the latest challenges in the new raid, the Mythwright Gambit.

For the next couple of hours members of the teams that worked on the content of this episode will be joining me to help celebrate this release. Thank you for joining us and we sincerely hope you enjoy the latest episode, "A Star to Guide Us".

Here's who will be here with us today:

Living World Team – Linsey Murdock, Heather Conover, Kirk Williford, Connor Fallon, Jeffrey Vaughn, Charlie Engelhard, Heather Smith, Tracey West

Current Activities Team - Joe Kimmes, Josh Foreman

Cinematics Team - Da-Hee Im, Jason Byfield

Engineering Team - Jon Olson, Joseph Cherlin, Raymond Lukes

Audio Team - Katelyn Isaacson

Systems Design Team - Matt Pennebaker, Jessica Croft, Byron Miller

Raids Team - Benjamin Arnold, Anthony Tran

Communications Team - Gaile Gray

Marketing Team - Mike Silbowitz

Even though we're doing this in a new location, our ground rules are the same. We're here to chat with you about the new release, its features and content related to the new season of Living World. We will not be discussing or revealing future items that may be in development. Finally, please remember that not everyone will have finished playing through the episode yet, so please sure spoiler tags appropriately.

We will also be hosting the Forum Chat next week, here on the official Guild Wars 2 forums where devs from the episode team will answer questions as well.

Once again, thank you everyone for your continued support and for making Guild Wars 2 such an amazing place to play.

z

EDIT: Thanks for joining us today! We'll see you at the next Dev Celebration!

Thank you to all the developers at Anet for holding this discussion and for the AMAZING episode release. The new map is awesome to explore and the story that came with this episode was one of the most enjoyable ones that I have experienced since the release of living world. I do have one question, that might not be able to be answered, but I feel a lot of us in the community would like to know about.

With the announcement of living world Season 5 coming straight after season 4, has a decision been made to halt expansion developments? Or is this two season gap to give more time for the third expansion to come out?

Thank you all, once again, and I apologize if this question is too far reaching!

P.S. I would also just like to highlight how ASTOUNDING the cinematic scenes were in this episode (just like in the last) and how much value they add to the story! Keep them coming!