Ensolyss break bar patch feel and look misleading

"Ensolyss of the Endless Torment's defiance bar can no longer be broken twice in a row during phase transitions."

The way anet implemented this is that if you break the second break bar still pops up but breaking it has no effect on the boss. While I understand the intention behind the nerf, having a second "fake" break bar will now be something which not just old players need to learn to ignore, but new players need to be told that it just a fake one and to avoid wasting skills on it.

I did my 99 daily before reading the patch note and I was wondering why the phasing was very odd, not to mention I've already had my musle memory gotten ready with the corresponding rotation for the 2x break bars, so it was a weird situation with a string of quetion marks.

Also the the CC for renegade on Ensolyss felt odd, it could be the 1-time thing because of the new phasing, or the team didn't use consumable, or other unknown reason, or may be... we were all just confused..... but during the1st break bar, the staff CC dealt less damage, usually the break bar would have at least taken more damages but today after I CC, it was only around 50%, and after the consummable it still didn't fully break it, or may be it did but the animation "faked" the real situaion. I don't think I'm making sense so I might need a few more days of observation so I can explain better XD

May I know why the change was neccesary? It was fine the way before.