Burn DH counters Scourge?

EremiteAngel.9765

> @"Kovu.7560" said:

> Necromancer and all of its elite specs has always been ranger's easiest fight. All other classes have enough range to counter or obscene mobility to close.

> So yeah. Okay. If they (scourges) close and kitten on you with 14 conditions you're pretty much effed on core ranger or soulbeast, but at that point you've already put yourself at a disadvantage.

> _Unless you're playing a melee-only ranger. But if you're really doing that you'd save yourself a lot of effort by just uninstalling the game._

>

> Rangers are pretty much the answer to Necromancers. Which is nice, we're not the definitive answer to anything else.

>

> ~ Kovu

While largely true that rangers have had it easy against necros and their elites, there was a period towards the end of HOT when Reapers could defeat good Druids.

Videos here show Reaper fights against LB/staff Druid and LB/S+WH Druid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7rZ68L3yRE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyuCBCTqizE

> > @"Esprit Dumort.3109" said:

> > I'm pretty sure rangers and thieves see Scourge as free kills in WvW.

> Not if you run staff + trailblazer / dire.

>

> Full Viper... every semi competent player will see you as a free kill if he catches you on your own.

>

or run power scourge with soldier's/cele and throw Corrosive Poison Cloud on your bar

> @"Aomine.5012" said:

> > @Roxanne.6140 said:

> > > @Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:

> > > > @"Esprit Dumort.3109" said:

> > > > Can confirm range is difficult to counter as Scourge. Any class with decent mobility really.

> > > >

> > > > If I am trying to solo a camp or join a zerg and I get targeted by dead eye or long bow ranger, I pretty much resign myself to death as I have kitten, long cool down gap closers, no blocks, and horrible projectile block skills.

> > > >

> > > > I'm pretty sure rangers and thieves see Scourge as free kills in WvW.

> > >

> > > I dunno...I gave 2 different rangers a run for their money (Soulbeast/druid). Both werent together. Faced a DH/Soulbeast today and both eventually dropped (not at the same time but in the same fight)

> >

> > They probably need to learn to play. Knockback and that long kitten immob with the recent ferocity changes makes soulbeast the perfect counter to scourge. Scourge with its kitten 900 range and crap mobility is a joke to them.

>

> Soulbeast is a joke to Scourge in WvW due to severe lack of cleanse and zero boon removal.

> As long as any of the shade f1 lands on Soulbeast, the fight is over. (cripple weakness torment, burn, boon corrupt in one click)

>

> If you're Druid, at least you got a full cleanse , stealth, heal, and ancient seed to have a fighting chance.

Scourges melt to any halfway decent Soulbeast. Longbow 2 burns through the Scourge's barriers at a range the Scourge can't counter easily. Shade skills won't land with their limited 900 range (everything for the longbow has a range of 1200-1500). Should the Scourge manage to close the gap and condi bomb, Bear Stance consumes two condis a second and the Soulbeast can use the gazelle charge while in Beastmode (assuming the Soulbeast uses gazelle) to create distance and resume shooting the Scourge down.

Scourges are targets for ranger variants with longbows, but Soulbeasts in particular. Druid offers more cleansing and more healing, but Soulbeast vs Scourge is a much quicker fight. No need to heal and stealth when the Scourge is already dead.