Is there still a "Roaming Tier"?

Heizero.9183

I have not "seriously" played this game in quite a few years. The last time I was really into it there was a definitive group of servers that always had fantastic small group skirmishes, usually Mag, Sea of Sorrows and Fort Aspenwood. Coming back years later, I'm sure the landscape of WvW and the type of players on certain worlds has changed drastically, but ideally I would still enjoy playing in an ecosystem with healthy-ish roaming. Is there still a Tier or a specific server that is known for having great roaming like those 3 servers were known for back in the day? And if not, any recommendations for a good middle-ground server? Or am I just looking for a WvW style that just doesn't exist anymore?

Mag still has the best group of pugs.

Last I heard, at least 5 major roaming guilds are gathered on NSP/link before the relinks.

XOXO, OMNI, QQ, CAG, SWAT, PRAE and a few others I can’t remember now.

But that was news I heard a month back so I’m not sure if still accurate.

I don’t recommend joining NSP or Mag though. Join other servers to fight them ?

But in general, most servers have some representation of good roaming activity during NA prime time.

BG/link has Siege Warriors (SW). I know the name sounds...but they are actually decent fighters.

BG also have many other strong roamers during off hours.

SBI/link has Platonic (pL). Another extremely tough roaming group. It took us around 20 to fight 5 of them lol.

I think KAOS and RDRM might still be on AR.

But if you’re looking to join the best, you would probably want to join Violent Tendency (vT). I’m not sure which server they’re on now but they were probably on Mag/link before the recent relinks.

FA, Mag, GoM, and DR have the largest populations of decent roamers. AR, FC and BG to a lesser extent.

FA and Mag are the best servers to be on if you're capable of playing without a commander and like to hang around clouds. FA are a little more aggressive and better co-ordinated where as Mag responds to battle much faster and are harder to fully wipe out.

GoM has some of the best actual roamers that aren't always hugging a blob, but GoM also often gets the short end of the stick in relinks.

Depends what you're looking for in terms of "roaming" though. There isn't a tier with a small enough population to consider any of the tiers best for roaming anymore. It mostly depends on how much you want to be around other good players that can back you up, or how much you want to be fighting those kind of players. Some servers can be frustrating to fight if you're often solo just because of how quickly they inflate in numbers, but some people like that or like to be a part of it. In my experience, FA, Mag and AR are the servers that swarm the fastest if you get marked by a Watch Tower, Sentry or just scouted by someone.

Don't really see much roamers except heal brand x damage. Not something you can kill solo now. Weirdest combo I saw was 2 heal brands one damage.

How to spot that team for this? Check wvwstats.com and choose the server with these least activity of your time zone that the place.

Currently in t4 it's sea/ocx in nsp/gom link but players at this time , I mean enemies are like 30+ 40+ Zerg blob