Plat 2, 3, Leg Players should not be in lower tier games at all; fun for no one.

Crab Fear.1624

I think there is an issue where like some mentioned getting high up nets you + 3, +5 points and -20, -30 for one game, that is the main issue why people play the system there and it adds outside factors like smurfing to drop the rating of other people, playing games in off hours, being a duo of two top players vs low levels, dodging each other when people play. People are not playing the game, they are playing the system and many lower tier end up in the crossfire. People game the game cause they can't keep their rating because of outside factors.

When reaching a threshold lets say p2, you gain small amount of rating and lose small amount of rating. Maybe it will reduce volatility and people will stop playing the system and start playing the game.

> @"Noodica.5428" said:

> As somebody who plays plat 2 average, but also plays at plat 3 I couldn't agree with this post more.

>

> Early this season, whilst I was in mid plat 3 I was still being matched with like gold 1 players. It doesn't help that the (australian) time zone I play in makes matchmaking bad as it is.. Now that I'm in Plat 2 (from losing like 50 rating a loss yet only gaining like +5 for a win) I still get matched with and against silver players and it is beyond understandable. The ranking system should exist for a reason and it is so frustrating losing insane amounts of rating simply for being matched with players who are new to the game mode and have no clue of what to do or how rotation works.

>

> Fix this.

Being plat3 early in the season is insanely ez and doesn’t reflect skill very well as every players rating is reset to averaged with 1200 rating meaning pretty much every match early in the season is against low rated players especially when u factor in the fact that deviation of rating in the first few matches is insanely high. If you tried plat3 qs during prime time all season you would find lots of good players and if you could maintain you rating then than you could claim to be plat3

I'm now probably in gold 2 after about 10 losses tonight. At this point I really don't give a shit about rating. I'm just going to grind out whatever wins I can get for the trinket.

Of those 10 matches 6 had the same 10 people. And at least two of those matches I was up against at least one person in the top 250.

The pvp population is dead. WvW is dead. Competitive game modes are dead. Balance patches take half a year and rarely address anything that's an actual issue.

This is by far the least enjoyable meta I've experienced so far. I'm assuming they base balance changes on simulations and reading spreadsheets and not actual gameplay experience. It's the only thing that makes any sense at this point.

I don't even care about balance patches anymore, honestly. I just want new elite specs so this game mode can at least be somewhat fun again.