The game client lost its connection to the server

![](https://www.dropbox.com/s/pp3lxuwqh4nc258/game%20client%20lost%20connection.JPG?dl=0 "")

I've been having this issue for over a year now of playing this game and it still hasn't been fixed. I've had a longer help thread starting on June 24th 2017 referencing case 6445094:Game disconnects randomly. There we tried looking over all the info client side, on my network and on my computer, we made sure any ports were open and being forwarded properly on the gateway and made sure everything on the computer was fine. however that case was never resolved and the issue still happens. and it happens daily. Whenever I play the game the disconnects happen, it's intermittent from 20 minutes to up to nearly 6 hours before disconnect but it happens guaranteed. The disconnects happen abruptly without any lag or weird latency jitter showing but always happen when there's no keyboard input for longer than 10 seconds.

Is there any unsupported modem list that I need to look into? Any Aplication Layer Gateway stuff I need to edit or turn off? At this point i've looked over everything on my end so now it's looking to be on the Login or registration server's end with Arena.net that's causing these issues to persist with me even on different hardware and different computer systems.

Having the same issue, and invariably it's during a fight, or during the Halloween Labyrinth event, have lost two chests at least due to the disconnecting. I can re-log immediately after it occurs, but it is getting annoying. I haven't had this issue before, it just started to occur recently. Karadur, sorry it's been occurring so long for you. I have played since Beta and it never happened previously. Any help would be appreciated.

I've been experiencing severe disconnect issues with them occurring as quickly as every minute.

For those of you on the North American Server experiencing disconnects (guessing as often as mine has been occurring);

Run a trace route monitor program (found in the support section) called WinMTR-v092. While playing Guild Wars 2.

What I have been finding is packet losses up to 100% occurring at these specific IPs consistently with associated disconnects.

I've gone through hoops with Tech Support here and I've gone through hoops with Tech Support of my IP (AT&T).

I have hit a dead end with both ANet and AT&T with nobody capable of doing anything about it except assume the problem is my computer, my modem router, etc, etc. and send me in the other direction without even so much as ANet acknowledging the problem might be in the net code or game design. (basically pointing fingers). ANet to AT&T and AT&T to ANet.

The fact is the problem is at those IPs and they're not NA (North America), they're EU (Europe).

If you continue experiencing disconnects, run a trace route and let me know if any of your IPs (and associated packet losses with associated disconnects) happen to be within those ranges of 12.83.x.x and 12.122.x.x You'll see the results clearly where the packets are going and where they are stopping.

Now, because of this: it has me wondering if international security may be playing a part in this.

Yes, they belong to AT&T. When I looked up those IPs on ARIN Whois and ran a trace route, they are tied to Europe. (Which is contrary to the connections with the NA (North America) server and defies logical routing sense.

Here is the trace route results from my machine IP, with the host IP at 12.122.155.169 along the route (this is from the network diagnostic) which shows the IPs where the packets are being dropped).

In the Arin Whois lookup on 12.122.155.169, it gives a location in New Jersey (North America).

However, when running the trace route, it gives the following results. (Here you'll find the European connection) and where subsequently ...

while the packets are going in that direction, they're being either dropped or blocked at 12.122.155.169 and 12.122.x.x

No packet data gets to EU, so nothing can come back to NA for verification and we're disconnected.

It's either being lost before it gets there, or it's just not coming back after getting there. But the test shows it's being lost before it gets there.

1 * * *

2 core21.fsn1.hetzner.com 213.239.245.237 0.199 ms

core22.fsn1.hetzner.com 213.239.245.241 0.235 ms

0.252 ms

3 core12.nbg1.hetzner.com 213.239.224.13 2.871 ms

2.869 ms

core11.nbg1.hetzner.com 213.239.245.221 2.828 ms

4 juniper4.dc2.nbg1.hetzner.com 213.239.245.26 2.852 ms

2.857 ms

juniper4.dc2.nbg1.hetzner.com 213.239.203.138 2.837 ms

5 ae51.bar2.Munich1.Level3.net 62.140.25.101 gb 9.325 ms

ae55.edge7.Frankfurt1.Level3.net 195.16.162.253 18.431 ms

ae51.bar2.Munich1.Level3.net 62.140.25.101 gb 9.325 ms

What I've been noticing during game play, it is what's happening (what my character is doing) when the packet drops begin to occur.

Maybe I'm being a little paranoid about it but what seems to be happening is that my location doesn't seem to be affected so much until my character gets into a fight. When nothing is going on, it takes longer for the disconnect to occur, but when fighting begins is when the drops become increasingly severe until the connection is dropped. But this must be coincidental with the increase in packet traffic.

As long as I'm not moving or performing any actions, the connection "seems" stable. This means very little packet data needs to be sent. It just starts getting worse when the action starts. But this does not exclude disconnects while my character is doing nothing and it does happen frequently enough to be a headache.

Still, it leaves me with this burning question.

Why is it even going in that direction since I'm playing on the NA server?