Necro has a Serious Weapon Problem

DEATHsCLAW.1978

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"LucianDK.8615" said:

> So with expansion 3 on the way. What weapon might a necro get for the third espec? I consider it quite certain that there will be another espec.

> I cant imagine they will get bows or guns, and offhands is more than covered.

>

> With necros in need of more mainhands, I think sword or mace is the prime contenders. Sword from looking at the Weaver and Holosmith. But I think mace might be the sleeper hit. Some kind of Priest of Grenth? Priest and cleric types have generally been portrayed with maces.

Longbow that shoot bone arrows and shadow arrows ?

With F-skills converting Life Force into extra damage or self utility ? (no shroud, similar to Scourge)

> @"Kulvar.1239" said:

> > @"LucianDK.8615" said:

> > So with expansion 3 on the way. What weapon might a necro get for the third espec? I consider it quite certain that there will be another espec.

> > I cant imagine they will get bows or guns, and offhands is more than covered.

> >

> > With necros in need of more mainhands, I think sword or mace is the prime contenders. Sword from looking at the Weaver and Holosmith. But I think mace might be the sleeper hit. Some kind of Priest of Grenth? Priest and cleric types have generally been portrayed with maces.

>

> Longbow that shoot bone arrows and shadow arrows ?

> With F-skills converting Life Force into extra damage or self utility ? (no shroud, similar to Scourge)

So we get another spec that is a freekill in smallscale and 1v1. Please don't!

> @"KrHome.1920" said:

> > @"Kulvar.1239" said:

> > > @"LucianDK.8615" said:

> > > So with expansion 3 on the way. What weapon might a necro get for the third espec? I consider it quite certain that there will be another espec.

> > > I cant imagine they will get bows or guns, and offhands is more than covered.

> > >

> > > With necros in need of more mainhands, I think sword or mace is the prime contenders. Sword from looking at the Weaver and Holosmith. But I think mace might be the sleeper hit. Some kind of Priest of Grenth? Priest and cleric types have generally been portrayed with maces.

> >

> > Longbow that shoot bone arrows and shadow arrows ?

> > With F-skills converting Life Force into extra damage or self utility ? (no shroud, similar to Scourge)

> So we get another spec that is a freekill in smallscale and 1v1. Please don't!

Absolutely !

Use the new elite to give Necro DPS effective builds for endgame PvE.

Fix Reaper/Scourge so they're not a freekill in smallscale and 1v1. With Scourge being useless as DPS when built for heal/support/sturdiness.

As WvW player, I think all necro weapons have their use, but I do have some ideas:

_Staff_

The marks have laughable conditions and power damage, it is only picked to track stealth and for some cleanse. It could use some damage buffs. Taking unblockable marks is trolling because you actually want your 0 damage skills to get blocked. Thus only people that run staff are ones that can't rely on their teammates for cleanse.

_Warhorn_

Reduce cooldowns to 24 second (baseline), removing warhorn trait for a real trait. Reduce range of WH 4 to 450 and increase radius of WH5 to 240 so you don't have to stand on top of enemies (bad strat) to hit it

_Greatsword_

Gravedigger should deal 20% extra damage if hitting targets that are downed or below 50%, it is literally not worth casting over other skills due to having long casttime and same DPS as other skills while doing nothing else.

_Daggers_

Feels bad. the 2 skill is basically axe 2 but less range, it should feel more impactful (so more damage or healing). Dagger 4 should be unblockable. The dagger trait could also use a rework.

_Scepter_

Reliant on running curses and traiting it. Id say make devouring darkness baseline but reduce both damage and increase cooldown of it by around 20% in WvW and PvP. Make the curses trait reduce the cooldowns of scepter skills by 20%

_Focus/Torch/Axe_

They're good as they are

The main problem with necro weapons is the dam stupid cast times. all staff marks should be instant as the CDs are long for besides staff2 and its not really that damaging. also utilities like flesh wurm etc etc. Anything beyond 1/2s is too much. that's why the class pales in comparison to others and is the most uncomfortable one to play. Hell even nerf damage more as long as we could rely on the instant casts and would be nowhere near OP.

> @"Mikhael.2391" said:

> The main problem with necro weapons is the dam stupid cast times. all staff marks should be instant as the CDs are long for besides staff2 and its not really that damaging. also utilities like flesh wurm etc etc. Anything beyond 1/2s is too much. that's why the class pales in comparison to others and is the most uncomfortable one to play. Hell even nerf damage more as long as we could rely on the instant casts and would be nowhere near OP.

Do NOT touch the damage Reaper has. Just no. I agree that casting times are long and if they were reduced, the floor will rise. But nerfing dps on a spec that already struggles with dps is like beating a horse when it's down.

> @"Methuselah.4376" said:

> > @"Mikhael.2391" said:

> > The main problem with necro weapons is the dam stupid cast times. all staff marks should be instant as the CDs are long for besides staff2 and its not really that damaging. also utilities like flesh wurm etc etc. Anything beyond 1/2s is too much. that's why the class pales in comparison to others and is the most uncomfortable one to play. Hell even nerf damage more as long as we could rely on the instant casts and would be nowhere near OP.

>

> Do NOT touch the damage Reaper has. Just no. I agree that casting times are long and if they were reduced, the floor will rise. But nerfing dps on a spec that already struggles with dps is like beating a horse when it's down.

Nerf Reapers damage more... Would end up making them heal enemies with their attacks xD

> @"Taril.8619" said:

> > @"Methuselah.4376" said:

> > > @"Mikhael.2391" said:

> > > The main problem with necro weapons is the dam stupid cast times. all staff marks should be instant as the CDs are long for besides staff2 and its not really that damaging. also utilities like flesh wurm etc etc. Anything beyond 1/2s is too much. that's why the class pales in comparison to others and is the most uncomfortable one to play. Hell even nerf damage more as long as we could rely on the instant casts and would be nowhere near OP.

> >

> > Do NOT touch the damage Reaper has. Just no. I agree that casting times are long and if they were reduced, the floor will rise. But nerfing dps on a spec that already struggles with dps is like beating a horse when it's down.

>

> Nerf Reapers damage more... Would end up making them heal enemies with their attacks xD

Can you imagine? XD

"We gonna hit you so hard we actually make you feel better!"