Ascended trinket

> @"Roche.7491" said:

> Just got a few ascended trinkets. It seems like they have an infusion instead of an upgrade slot which makes my character weaker.

>

> Question. Do ascended rings and accessories have any practical use in pve aside from fractals?

Weaker? Take a good look at the numbers of your ascended trinket. Then look at those of your upgraded exotic trinket. The ascended one has stats equivalent of those of the exotic trinket + exotic jewel with a little extra added on top of that. So no, it does not make your character weaker. It doesn't make you that much stronger either. It's just a little bit more than what you had before, but it is an upgrade.

> @"Roche.7491" said:

> Just got a few ascended trinkets. It seems like they have an infusion instead of an upgrade slot which makes my character weaker.

>

> Question. Do ascended rings and accessories have any practical use in pve aside from fractals?

Ascended trinkets are Exotic+Jewel and have about 10% more stats.

The infusion slots have uses in FotM for the agony resistance, and once you get enough infusions you can make +5 stat infusions with agony resistance. This makes oyur character even stronger.

If you do not like FotM you can go into WvW and get +5 stat infusions that are WvW based more easily. The stats on the WvW infusions work everywhere just like the FotM infusions do. So if you are trying to min/max your gear but do not want to play FotM then go into WvW for your stat infusions.

> @"Lan Deathrider.5910" said:

> > @"Roche.7491" said:

> > Just got a few ascended trinkets. It seems like they have an infusion instead of an upgrade slot which makes my character weaker.

> >

> > Question. Do ascended rings and accessories have any practical use in pve aside from fractals?

>

> Ascended trinkets are Exotic+Jewel and have about 10% more stats.

>

> The infusion slots have uses in FotM for the agony resistance, and once you get enough infusions you can make +5 stat infusions with agony resistance. This makes oyur character even stronger.

>

> If you do not like FotM you can go into WvW and get +5 stat infusions that are WvW based more easily. The stats on the WvW infusions work everywhere just like the FotM infusions do. So if you are trying to min/max your gear but do not want to play FotM then go into WvW for your stat infusions.

I see. I guess I’ll head towards WvW road then.

> @"Roche.7491" said:

> FotM is utter BS. Waste of a million hours. What I can farm there in days, I can farm in real world in a few hours. Then convert gems to gold.

There is a ton of stuff that cannot be bought with gold that you can get from FotM.

Also, what is the point of "playing" a game if you just buy everything with real money? Nothing to play for then.

> @"Roche.7491" said:

> > @"Lan Deathrider.5910" said:

> > > @"Roche.7491" said:

> > > Just got a few ascended trinkets. It seems like they have an infusion instead of an upgrade slot which makes my character weaker.

> > >

> > > Question. Do ascended rings and accessories have any practical use in pve aside from fractals?

> >

> > Ascended trinkets are Exotic+Jewel and have about 10% more stats.

> >

> > The infusion slots have uses in FotM for the agony resistance, and once you get enough infusions you can make +5 stat infusions with agony resistance. This makes oyur character even stronger.

> >

> > If you do not like FotM you can go into WvW and get +5 stat infusions that are WvW based more easily. The stats on the WvW infusions work everywhere just like the FotM infusions do. So if you are trying to min/max your gear but do not want to play FotM then go into WvW for your stat infusions.

>

> I see. I guess I’ll head towards WvW road then. What I need is stats for pvp/wvw to dominate

>

> FotM is utter BS. Waste of a million hours. What I can farm there in days, I can farm in real world in a few hours. Then convert gems to gold.

Well they won't help in PvP. FotM is fun, but if its just a gold farm for you then yeah swiping a credit card is faster and more efficient.