Lag in LWS4 maps especially

^^ This...particularly Thunderhead Peaks. There are some very serious issues with lag in this region even when no major events are happening. It makes the area borderline unplayable. I'm 100% sure it's not my system (AMD3950x + GTX2080Ti + reams of RAM, SSD, etc) and I'm reasonably confident that it isn't my ISP (rock solid static IP connection). I really hope someone looks into this and fixes it.

> @"Chris of SDA NB.1974" said:

> ^^ This...particularly Thunderhead Peaks. There are some very serious issues with lag in this region even when no major events are happening. It makes the area borderline unplayable. I'm 100% sure it's not my system (AMD3950x + GTX2080Ti + reams of RAM, SSD, etc) and I'm reasonably confident that it isn't my ISP (rock solid static IP connection). I really hope someone looks into this and fixes it.

Firstly you should recognize two types of lag:

1. Video lag: your frame per sec drops, it means its just like a powerpoint show.

2. Internet lag: every motion animation should be fine. but your acting and other characters acting is wierd like you press the 1 button several times but nothing happens, then u check your debuffs and... there is no daze or stun affecting your character that might have blocked you from doing something about doing anything.

Secondly you might know that since the technical upgrades are improving for the customers (pc builds), developers might have gotten a little more brave about the visual effects, they want to keep up with other beautiful games. If there is anything about internet lag globally on such maps, then they can do something about it.

Oh and one more thing for the video lag: check your card's technical data whether it supports that resolution you are playing on. maybe you can reduce it a little for some extra fps. But i doubt it it will help for the 2080Ti fellow... :P

I hope this helped in further.

Unfortunately this is not internet lag, it’s server side on this one . I have seen many players (from all over the world) complaining at the same time of the lag on the THK maps on NA servers - ping will be fine, skills won’t respond and your movement will be delayed.

A couple of maps seem to be suffering like this, most noticeable is the Thunderhead Keep map.

Please come to the map and play it for an hour or two and experience the severe lag every 10-15mins which can last 1-4 mins.

My wife and I have both started playing GW2 again and I am experiencing no lag at all and hers is barely playable. She is getting lag spikes and severe fluctuations in ping. No other game on her system is experiencing this. We have nearly identical systems from a hardware standpoint and in GW2 I average about 80 ping and she is averaging 500 and sometimes reaches over 1k, it makes no sense and we have not been able to find a fix.

> @"Miyamanoh.6938" said:

> > @"Chris of SDA NB.1974" said:

> > ^^ This...particularly Thunderhead Peaks. There are some very serious issues with lag in this region even when no major events are happening. It makes the area borderline unplayable. I'm 100% sure it's not my system (AMD3950x + GTX2080Ti + reams of RAM, SSD, etc) and I'm reasonably confident that it isn't my ISP (rock solid static IP connection). I really hope someone looks into this and fixes it.

>

> Firstly you should recognize two types of lag:

> 1. Video lag: your frame per sec drops, it means its just like a powerpoint show.

> 2. Internet lag: every motion animation should be fine. but your acting and other characters acting is wierd like you press the 1 button several times but nothing happens, then u check your debuffs and... there is no daze or stun affecting your character that might have blocked you from doing something about doing anything.

> Secondly you might know that since the technical upgrades are improving for the customers (pc builds), developers might have gotten a little more brave about the visual effects, they want to keep up with other beautiful games. If there is anything about internet lag globally on such maps, then they can do something about it.

> Oh and one more thing for the video lag: check your card's technical data whether it supports that resolution you are playing on. maybe you can reduce it a little for some extra fps. But i doubt it it will help for the 2080Ti fellow... :P

> I hope this helped in further.

I can attest that this is not Video Lag, and it is being experienced by me and couple of my guildmates in the aforementioned maps. I've been streaming my Guild Wars 2 and it's been fine in other areas + my current specifications definitely can handle the graphics (I've handled zerg vs zerg in WvW fine).

It probably has to be either somewhere along the Internet cables/hops or the server itself, because we're from around the Greater-SEA region (Singapore and Australia), but experience the same effects.

To add-on to this, sometimes we'll get "The game client is unable to gain access to the log-in server at this time" error message when trying to perform anything like opening our Inventory or just trying to interact with objects as well.

I'd also like to add that Thunderhead Peaks is extremely laggy. It seems to be everyone in the map as the chat blows up with complaints every time the game stops.

Core maps, HoT and PoF have not been giving me this problem.

thunderheard is always laggy..fps wise, its one of the more extreme fps drop maps in the game ;D

anyway, as for internet connection: remember that connection goes beyond pc -> game, due to the current pandemic lots of ISPs are overloaded with traffic as lots of people are at home with nothing to do, and as such you can expect lag at prime time both from the stress on anets servers, and the stress on your ISP. i stop playing serious content at 2pm server time (NA servers, european player) because my ping starts spiking from there onwards, i will say that prime time is definitley smoother than it used to be towards the start of the pandemic.

ofc, it could actually be a thunderhead exlcusive problem, but so far i personally haven't had any issues that can't be explained by the above.

> @"Lexi.1398" said:

> thunderheard is always laggy..fps wise, its one of the more extreme fps drop maps in the game ;D

>

> anyway, as for internet connection: remember that connection goes beyond pc -> game, due to the current pandemic lots of ISPs are overloaded with traffic as lots of people are at home with nothing to do, and as such you can expect lag at prime time both from the stress on anets servers, and the stress on your ISP. i stop playing serious content at 2pm server time (NA servers, european player) because my ping starts spiking from there onwards, i will say that prime time is definitley smoother than it used to be towards the start of the pandemic.

>

> ofc, it could actually be a thunderhead exlcusive problem, but so far i personally haven't had any issues that can't be explained by the above.

Its not a FPS lag , it seems server side as many people are experiecing and reporting it in map chat - this is non-prime time such as 2pm server time (na servers)

It's not FPS lag and the game 'stops' for a second or two quite frequently. It's also the only map in the game that I have been playing in the last week that does this. You can see for yourself in the video that there are 2 stopping points in 30 seconds. First is at about 4 seconds when auto attacking does not go through and the other is around 19 seconds when the F1 skill keeps spinning. You can also note the local chat about the others experiencing the lag.

I'm just reporting on this one map in particular. I'll go play the other content when I see there is a fix for this map.

I have the same lag problem here and I say that it is a VERY stressful and revolting experience. It is happening very often with me on the maps of living season 4. I am missing a lot of meta events with this situation. It makes me so angry that it makes me want to curse everything and everyone, I don't know whose fault it is. My ping today was 4,446, sometimes in the range of 1,700 -1,800. #Disappointed #No desire to play

In my experience, there is some lag in Dragonfall, more in Sandswept and Jahai during the metas, Thunderhead is almost unplayable. A couple a weeks ago I was doing map completion early morning EU, I needed one vista at keep. The north meta started, map was dead and there was only one veteran mob around vista, lag was so bad, that skills were delayed for seconds, spent like 10 minutes dying over and over, until got the vista.

I've been spending the past couple of days in Sandswept Isles and a lot of people on the map, including myself, are experiencing this (even right now as I type this). When it gets bad for me, I see a bunch of people posting in chat about the lag right at that time even though I didn't say anything myself It's just like the video Joopy posted. Attacking, salvaging, selling on trading post, selling to merchant, everything is slow. It is usually in waves that it will be bad for about 5-10 minutes, be somewhat fine for about 15 minutes, then be bad again. My ping shows around 80-120 around the time this happens so it doesn't appear to be latency but it definitely feels like a network lag. When going back to Divinity's Reach to do crafting and put stuff in my bank, I don't experience issues there, but when I go back to Sandswept Isles, it goes back to being laggy.