Repopulating older maps

It has been an issue of mine ever since PoF came out and certain events in HoT or Core maps that were once populated enough to be completed are "hit-and-miss" now. I know that it shouldn't be a given that every (world) boss should be killed every time you go up against them, that's where teamwork and coordination come in giving the game it's spice.

In the past I have suggested that some events that are required to complete collections/achievements should be added to the Dailies roster. It can be frustrating when that perfect storm of a boss/monster pops up and you are right there to vanquish the beast, but you don't have the people to take it down and several individuals go on past without helping because they have no need for that one's treasure. (I'm guilty of it as well.)

Which brings me to my main issue: how to get people to voluntarily to go to maps they wouldn't normally play on with the added value of helping newer players that didn't get the original influx of when the map was new? You can't force people to help, but it stands to reason that the more people on a map, the more likely you are of finding the specific help you need. LFG's are good for some requirements, but there are those which are buried in a meta or require numbers coordinating at different locations.

Going back to GW1 there were weekly bonuses drew people to certain areas: Double/Triple XP, bonus Gold, Double Faction, etc.

If things were implemented that didn't affect group play, but only the individual it may bring experienced players back to those areas. No bonuses for speed (could affect JPs). The things that come to mind would be bonuses to: Magic find, gold, experience, Karma, additional harvesting swings for materials, kill streaks, etc.

If these kinds of bonuses were applied to regions (Kryta, Ascalon, Orr, HoT, PoF, et al) would it draw you, the veteran player that hasn't touched one of those maps for months, back for the bonus if nothing else?

I just spent three days doing events for a legendary collection (Chuka and Champawat II, III, IV).

Any time I was worried that an event or chain would not progress due to lack of players, I tagged up and threw up an LFG.

I had zero issues other having to wait for events to start.

Your post comes off to me as yet another player who won't leverage their existing tools and somehow justifies more loot as the solution.

> @"mindcircus.1506" said:

> Your post comes off to me as yet another player who won't leverage their existing tools and somehow justifies more loot as the solution.

How many people would do JPs if there were no bonus reward?

Would you gather mats from a specific area if all you got were the same mats you could harvest from where you are already playing? Why change maps for the same mithril ore that's just around the hill from you now.

Would Fractals be so popular if they were not in a Daily rotation? People who don't do Fractals for any other reason line up to advance their +10 AP and 2 Gold. Some of those same Fractals happen to have items that are used to complete collections and craft Legendaries.

You are drawn to those areas because your efforts are rewarded. I'm not asking about anything that isn't already being used and accepted by the players. The only difference is instead of targeted bonuses, they would give more of an umbrella bonus.

> @"mindcircus.1506" said:

> I just spent three days doing events for a legendary collection (Chuka and Champawat II, III, IV).

> Any time I was worried that an event or chain would not progress due to lack of players, I tagged up and threw up an LFG.

> I had zero issues other having to wait for events to start.

> Your post comes off to me as yet another player who won't leverage their existing tools and somehow justifies more loot as the solution.

I'm going to show my noob side and say that despite playing this game off and on, I still have no idea how to "tag up" and looking through the LFG list (

On Tarnished Coast,) it's either near empty or there's something horrifically wrong with its search functionality that I'm only seeing a whole of two groups in central Tyria, with most groups concentrated in dungeon/fractal or LWS4 and PoF content.

Sure, leverage your existing tools, but if no one else is using them...

> @"Game of Bones.8975" said:

> > @"mindcircus.1506" said:

>

> > Your post comes off to me as yet another player who won't leverage their existing tools and somehow justifies more loot as the solution.

>

> How many people would do JPs if there were no bonus reward?

> Would you gather mats from a specific area if all you got were the same mats you could harvest from where you are already playing? Why change maps for the same mithril ore that's just around the hill from you now.

>

> Would Fractals be so popular if they were not in a Daily rotation? People who don't do Fractals for any other reason line up to advance their +10 AP and 2 Gold. Some of those same Fractals happen to have items that are used to complete collections and craft Legendaries.

>

> You are drawn to those areas because your efforts are rewarded. I'm not asking about anything that isn't already being used and accepted by the players. The only difference is instead of targeted bonuses, they would give more of an umbrella bonus.

And you are basing the need for this reward on a non-issue.