What is this rollback?

> @"Upover.1376" said:

> > @"shadowofhistory.1368" said:

> > The thing is that every hour of uncertainty is one more hour lost. If they are going to rollback the rollback, then it's half a day lost. If they are not able to do that, then it's not 3 days lost anymore, but 4 or more, as long as you don't know if you can do anything in-game right now. Sure, it's late in the USA, but all community managers around the world can post at least some info and pass the word higher up.

>

> Judging by the activity of the regional community managers for everything, and not just now, there are suspicions that they are not entitled to at least say something until the head office gives an answer.

>

And Arena Net deserve bashing just for this solely. Dev silence hindered many projects.

When the rollback happened I did what every player should do - checked dev twitter/etc. When there is uncertainty, there is community unrest, and community unrest provokes many people to leave. And what did I found on official communication channels? They feel abandoned and led by a lone soul, updated a few times per month.

As for a person, who plays for a week, this is the first sign of dying game, which is not a great look.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"shadowofhistory.1368" said:

> > @"Upover.1376" said:

> > > @"shadowofhistory.1368" said:

> > > The thing is that every hour of uncertainty is one more hour lost. If they are going to rollback the rollback, then it's half a day lost. If they are not able to do that, then it's not 3 days lost anymore, but 4 or more, as long as you don't know if you can do anything in-game right now. Sure, it's late in the USA, but all community managers around the world can post at least some info and pass the word higher up.

> >

> > Judging by the activity of the regional community managers for everything, and not just now, there are suspicions that they are not entitled to at least say something until the head office gives an answer.

> >

>

> And Arena Net deserve bashing just for this solely. Dev silence hindered many projects.

> When the rollback happened I did what every player should do - checked dev twitter/etc. When there is uncertainty, there is community unrest, and community unrest provokes many people to leave. And what did I found on official communication channels? They feel abandoned and led by a lone soul, updated a few times per month.

>

> As for a person, who plays for a week, this is the first sign of dying game, which is not a great look.

They always worked like that. And nobody ever liked it.

> @"Upover.1376" said:

> > @"shadowofhistory.1368" said:

> > > @"Upover.1376" said:

> > > > @"shadowofhistory.1368" said:

> > > > The thing is that every hour of uncertainty is one more hour lost. If they are going to rollback the rollback, then it's half a day lost. If they are not able to do that, then it's not 3 days lost anymore, but 4 or more, as long as you don't know if you can do anything in-game right now. Sure, it's late in the USA, but all community managers around the world can post at least some info and pass the word higher up.

> > >

> > > Judging by the activity of the regional community managers for everything, and not just now, there are suspicions that they are not entitled to at least say something until the head office gives an answer.

> > >

> >

> > And Arena Net deserve bashing just for this solely. Dev silence hindered many projects.

> > When the rollback happened I did what every player should do - checked dev twitter/etc. When there is uncertainty, there is community unrest, and community unrest provokes many people to leave. And what did I found on official communication channels? They feel abandoned and led by a lone soul, updated a few times per month.

> >

> > As for a person, who plays for a week, this is the first sign of dying game, which is not a great look.

>

> They always worked like that. And nobody ever liked it.

Well, again. They are digging their own grave. Only a matter of time.

Yep, completed 4, 5, 6 of POF and had gotten 3/4s of the way to Skyscale in the last three days, and have lost 24 levels on my other character.

I guess the question is what happens 'if' they fix it, what happens to your additional progress that you've made elsewhere....is it even worthwhile playing the game if they have to rollback the rollback?

Same happened here. Particularly annoying as I played most of the last two days solid to get a Char to 91% map completion to get gifts of exploration. Logged in and was shocked to see 75% completion and no indication of an official awareness of this issue.

So this is bloody wonderful!

Just used gems on makeover kits, did alot of work to get started on GW2 again. I spent the most of the weekend playing the game, and finally got back on track with everything!

This friday I finally finished my Twillight.. Now to see it gone.

This should not occur. Huge dissapointment.