So... when will holosmith get nerfed?

Vagrant.7206

> @Zintrothen.1056 said:

> Honestly, the only real thing that needs nerfing is actually an engi trait. The passive invuln. And that goes for all passive procs on all professions. Passive procs are so terrible for any game. You can play as well as you want against an engi, warrior or whatever else, and if they ever make a mistake, no worries! You'll just shrink and run away. Defy Pain is terrible too. Those are the two worst ones, but there are other traits across all professions that have their problems.

It's a problem with the Master tier in Alchemy, they broke Backpack Regenerator in 2015 when core specs came out. It used to give a 10s regen when you equip a kit, but it was stealth changed to a 1s regen while in a kit, this effectively nerfed the uptime from 100% to 0%-66% depending on your build. Holosmith is now only 100% forced into taking 25% Elixir S.

Engineers could spec for increased regen instead of 25% Elixir S if they un-broke Backpack Regenerator. Of course you'd have those choosing to still spec for 25% Elixir S who prefer to face multiple enemies instead of 1v1.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont find holo "that" squishy, and even if they were they've got the damage, cc, mobility to make up for it. On a low cd. As a sword weaver, I find myself much squishier while dealing much less damage, even when gearing for it. Or maybe that's the general idea of balance.

Edit: I forgot stealth and stab.

> @Razor.6392 said:

> It's not as instant, but it's a huge threat at all times.

>

> Aside from shockwave, there's not a single photon skill that hits less than 4k lol. A pulsing corona into blitz into leap with quickness is surely over 18k health in 1.5 seconds.

That's actually very similar to the old medi-guard build, just a somewhat more modern rendition. Shield of Wrath -> Swap Weapons -> Leap of Faith + Death's Judgement -> Whirling Wrath. As far as I know, that combo is still very viable years later. The holosmith version is easier to anticipate and dodge. :)

> @Zintrothen.1056 said:

> Honestly, the only real thing that needs nerfing is actually an engi trait. The passive invuln. And that goes for all passive procs on all professions. Passive procs are so terrible for any game. You can play as well as you want against an engi, warrior or whatever else, and if they ever make a mistake, no worries! You'll just shrink and run away. Defy Pain is terrible too. Those are the two worst ones, but there are other traits across all professions that have their problems.

As @"Chaith.8256" highlighted, the problem is that our other traits *suck* compared to that one. Many of our traits are so out-of-date or irrelevant, that stuff like the Elixir S trait is basically required.

> @MyPuppy.8970 said:

> I dont find holo "that" squishy, and even if they were they've got the damage, cc, mobility to make up for it. On a low cd. As a sword weaver, I find myself much squishier while dealing much less damage, even when gearing for it. Or maybe that's the general idea of balance.

>

> Edit: I forgot stealth and stab.

Ele is definitely in a bad place right now. Scourge/FB nerfs will go a long way towards helping it, but it needs some buffing, to be sure.