Clock Tower is back!

Kirin.7306

I hate how this content is designed to be a hard-core jumping puzzle only a fraction of a percent of the player base is supposed to be able to beat, but it has rewards and achievements tied to it in a manner that says "This is casual content everyone should beat once to see, and probably play a few more times for daily rewards"

> @"Agent Mulder.4531" said:

> I've been literally trying for 6 hours to do this JP. I'm losing my mind, I've broken down and started crying twice. Can I please just give someone my account info for them to do it?

I never got to the top until the 3rd halloween I was trying. I played it for about 1 hour last night and didn't get to the top, but I made progress. It's available for 3 weeks, I think if you fail for six hours you might be better off doing something else for a while and go back when you're not stressed out anymore :)

The sad deal with JPs that are harder is hardware and connection.

If you have a shitty machine with only a few FPS then it will be a horrible experience. But if you have a great PC and no lag JPs are 10 times easier to do.

On my oldest computer I could do the puzzle fairly okay and could even farm it then with age the lag got worse as the pc slowed down thus a year later i couldnt do it because of it. (yes lowest settings etc) Ofcourse I kept going till I made it. This year it took me 4 tries. And that was after a long day, being way to tired actually try. With a fast new PC.

The upgrade in hardware just made most JP very easy, and made me understand that hardware or FPS is immensely important. A guildy who is notoriously bad at JP could suddenly do alot better just by getting a new pc.

In any case. You dont need to finish the clocktower for the achievement back item/ armor. As you can also craft said armor by buying the recipes at the corncob traders.

I, for one, HATE the clock tower. If you don't have EVERYTHING down pat, to the T, you will not make it. I spent ALL DAY trying to get to the top. I got close a few times, but without fail, I fall. A jump that I CLEARLY should have landed. Slid off. The green stuff was there waiting for me (ran out of time). Nevermind that there's obstacles at the VERY beginning that take way too long to clear.

Nothing else in the event is so friggen difficult. Not the labrynth, not Mad King Says. Nothing.

> @fellyn.5083 said:

> Got frustrated the first time I did it today because not only did it start immediately upon entering, no count down or anything, but the game also put a lovely menu right in the middle of my screen.

>

> I've never rage quit so fast in my life before.

You do realize the part until the waiting point is for people to load in so everyone is at the same point when it actually starts?

As someone from the "Please remove all traces of JP's from the game"-Playerbase I can say that this JP was surprisingly easy once you got a hang of it.

I rate it 6/10 - could be worse.

Honestly though, once you figured out where to jump it's pretty damn easy, I'd reccomend everyone to do it with action cam though, makes it a lot easier to keep turning the cam (I never really play with action cam but for JP's it's a blessing)

Lol i've played super mario levels much harder than this JP. How is that "hardcore content only a fraction of the playerbase is supposed to beat"?

It' the same concept as basically anything in video games (including gw2) practice makes perfect, learn from mistakes. Shouldn't take longer than maybe a two full rounds to beat.

I was super bad two years ago when I first tried it, like it took me probably a whole day of playing. But it was easy to see that as I continued trying I would get further and further. Now the previous year and this year I was able to finish it in one or two instances.

It's supposed to be challenging (I wonder if these same people complain about raids or high level fractals? Hm....) but assuming you don't have hardware limitations or lag, it is possible. I'm _awful_ at jumping puzzles, but I eventually learned it. You just have to keep trying.

> @SmirkDog.3160 said:

> I was super bad two years ago when I first tried it, like it took me probably a whole day of playing. But it was easy to see that as I continued trying I would get further and further. Now the previous year and this year I was able to finish it in one or two instances.

>

> It's supposed to be challenging (I wonder if these same people complain about raids or high level fractals? Hm....) but assuming you don't have hardware limitations or lag, it is possible. I'm _awful_ at jumping puzzles, but I eventually learned it. You just have to keep trying.

Raids and high-level fractals don't have any other game content tying into them.

> @Sartharina.3542 said:

> > @SmirkDog.3160 said:

> > I was super bad two years ago when I first tried it, like it took me probably a whole day of playing. But it was easy to see that as I continued trying I would get further and further. Now the previous year and this year I was able to finish it in one or two instances.

> >

> > It's supposed to be challenging (I wonder if these same people complain about raids or high level fractals? Hm....) but assuming you don't have hardware limitations or lag, it is possible. I'm _awful_ at jumping puzzles, but I eventually learned it. You just have to keep trying.

>

> Raids and high-level fractals don't have any other game content tying into them.

They both definitely have other game content tying into them. Raids have an entire Mastery line tied to them which can only be unlocked by doing a raid boss. Both raids and fractals have many achievements tied to them; raids are required to get legendary armor, and fractals are required for the pve legendary back item. Fractals has its own side storyline, and raids have their own storyline that is directly connected to the main pve story.

> @WeedyZeGreedy.8635 said:

> Seriously if you spend just a little time in it anyone can do it

Not true. I struggled for weeks on the wintersday JP. I even started using a mouse, just for the JP, despite the toll it takes on my wrist. (Let me repeat: my wrist does not let me use a mouse regularly.)

I cannot do the clocktower, and I do resent being told that I can.

Fortunately, I've already paid the corn cob to get the extra recipe so that I don't have to do it. I thank Anet for that option -- the bypass is relatively cheap and affordable.

As for raids, I've beaten the 1st boss of the 1st wing once after 6 months practice to unlock the mastery line, and I don't feel the need to continue. Now that I have the mastery line unlocked, I don't need to do raids anymore, and I'm okay with them.

Second tier fractals are fine for me, when I can find people doing second tier fractals.