Revenant is the least played profession. Heres how to buff them

aaron.7850

> @"Sobx.1758" said:

> > @"Virdo.1540" said:

> > > @"Oxstar.7643" said:

> > > > @"Virdo.1540" said:

> > > > > @"Oxstar.7643" said:

> > > > > Uh. Rev is one of my fav classes to play. I have specced my renegade rev to be a survivable and it still hits pretty decently for being nowhere close to optimized for damage. It's... really not in any way a weak class. Your self heal is absurdly good with battle scars, you can do amazing aoe and control with Kalla's warband and your shortbow, and you can do great support both from renegade and herald with buffs to fury and might. Being able to give a whole group in meta on demand 15 might stacks and an aoe field that both amps their damage and allows them insane self heal is no joke either. There are also times when it helps a lot to have an anti ranged shield. Revs dominate the field of saying no to projectiles, outdoing even guardians. While this is limited application in groups, it can sometimes be a downright blessing solo, and also if you use planar protection from the heal with protective solace and your hammer shield then you can stay protected from missile basically forever while still dishing out damage.

> > > >

> > > > Renegade is not Revenant in whole.

> > > >

> > > > Revenant as core if pretty much bottom of everything, while herald can be a bit better, but still nowhere near "being not a joke".

> > > >

> > > > Renegade is extremely overtuned. 10man alac, 5man 25might, extreme group lifesiphone, extreme usage of battlescars, epic burst damage etc.

> > >

> > > being bad without elite speccs is nothing new. And many revs I see use herald because of the facets.

> >

> > if im lucky i see one other herald per day, while most play renegade. Most heralds chose herald simply because of the "perma swiftness".

> >

> > Because Rapid flow is kinda annoying & shiro is simply to loud

>

> Maaaaaaaaaaaaaybe if you're talking about pve only. Which this thread doesn't. And I'm sure you play herald because it's bad :D

>

> Not only that, but OP takes his stats for the initial statement from some publicly accessible site, so when he says "revenant is the least played profession", he means "revenant and its especs".

I play herald because i have fun with it, which doesnt mean its good or bad. If people kick other people right out of groups or insult them right off the bat, only for being core rev or herald, then theres clearly something wrong.

And i assumed this thread is about PvE only, because Revenants are often found in wvw zergs and even in pvp.

Renegade alone is way more often found than Engineers ,thiefs, elementalists and mesmers (in PvE&pvp at least)

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Virdo.1540" said:

> > @"Sobx.1758" said:

> > > @"Virdo.1540" said:

> > > > @"Oxstar.7643" said:

> > > > > @"Virdo.1540" said:

> > > > > > @"Oxstar.7643" said:

> > > > > > Uh. Rev is one of my fav classes to play. I have specced my renegade rev to be a survivable and it still hits pretty decently for being nowhere close to optimized for damage. It's... really not in any way a weak class. Your self heal is absurdly good with battle scars, you can do amazing aoe and control with Kalla's warband and your shortbow, and you can do great support both from renegade and herald with buffs to fury and might. Being able to give a whole group in meta on demand 15 might stacks and an aoe field that both amps their damage and allows them insane self heal is no joke either. There are also times when it helps a lot to have an anti ranged shield. Revs dominate the field of saying no to projectiles, outdoing even guardians. While this is limited application in groups, it can sometimes be a downright blessing solo, and also if you use planar protection from the heal with protective solace and your hammer shield then you can stay protected from missile basically forever while still dishing out damage.

> > > > >

> > > > > Renegade is not Revenant in whole.

> > > > >

> > > > > Revenant as core if pretty much bottom of everything, while herald can be a bit better, but still nowhere near "being not a joke".

> > > > >

> > > > > Renegade is extremely overtuned. 10man alac, 5man 25might, extreme group lifesiphone, extreme usage of battlescars, epic burst damage etc.

> > > >

> > > > being bad without elite speccs is nothing new. And many revs I see use herald because of the facets.

> > >

> > > if im lucky i see one other herald per day, while most play renegade. Most heralds chose herald simply because of the "perma swiftness".

> > >

> > > Because Rapid flow is kinda annoying & shiro is simply to loud

> >

> > Maaaaaaaaaaaaaybe if you're talking about pve only. Which this thread doesn't. And I'm sure you play herald because it's bad :D

> >

> > Not only that, but OP takes his stats for the initial statement from some publicly accessible site, so when he says "revenant is the least played profession", he means "revenant and its especs".

>

> I play herald because i have fun with it, which doesnt mean its good or bad. If people kick other people right out of groups or insult them right off the bat, only for being core rev or herald, then theres clearly something wrong.

>

> And i assumed this thread is about PvE only, because Revenants are often found in wvw zergs and even in pvp.

>

> Renegade alone is way more often found than Engineers ,thiefs, elementalists and mesmers (in PvE&pvp at least)

OH REALLLY!!! That's based on ?

> @"aaron.7850" said:

> 4% of characters being played currently are revenants.. even less played than engineers (6%).

> Heres how to buff them, from casual player POV.

>

> 1- Casual players like ranged weapons, yet both Hammer and Shortbow are horrible!

> 2- Hammer is too slow, good luck trying to hit any enemy that decides not to be a stationary rock. This is why hammer is never seen in pvp or wvw.

> 3- Shortbow is not used in pvp or wvw either! Skill #2 and #3 will never hit a moving target, and the weapon lacks any defensive ability. Its a shame that even condi renegades never use this weapon in wvw or pvp

>

> Thats it. The character selection says Revenants can either be melee or ranged magic. I just wish it included a big disclaimer: "Warning: Revenant ranged weapons will only hit stationary objects!"

You sound like someone who had never played Rev ? shortbow Rev is literally 1 of 3 meta classes in pvp right now.

> @"Virdo.1540" said:

> > @"Sobx.1758" said:

> > > > @"Oxstar.7643" said:

> > > > > > @"Oxstar.7643" said:

> > > > > > Uh. Rev is one of my fav classes to play. I have specced my renegade rev to be a survivable and it still hits pretty decently for being nowhere close to optimized for damage. It's... really not in any way a weak class. Your self heal is absurdly good with battle scars, you can do amazing aoe and control with Kalla's warband and your shortbow, and you can do great support both from renegade and herald with buffs to fury and might. Being able to give a whole group in meta on demand 15 might stacks and an aoe field that both amps their damage and allows them insane self heal is no joke either. There are also times when it helps a lot to have an anti ranged shield. Revs dominate the field of saying no to projectiles, outdoing even guardians. While this is limited application in groups, it can sometimes be a downright blessing solo, and also if you use planar protection from the heal with protective solace and your hammer shield then you can stay protected from missile basically forever while still dishing out damage.

> > > > >

> > > > > Renegade is not Revenant in whole.

> > > > >

> > > > > Revenant as core if pretty much bottom of everything, while herald can be a bit better, but still nowhere near "being not a joke".

> > > > >

> > > > > Renegade is extremely overtuned. 10man alac, 5man 25might, extreme group lifesiphone, extreme usage of battlescars, epic burst damage etc.

> > > >

> > > > being bad without elite speccs is nothing new. And many revs I see use herald because of the facets.

> > >

> > > if im lucky i see one other herald per day, while most play renegade. Most heralds chose herald simply because of the "perma swiftness".

> > >

> > > Because Rapid flow is kinda annoying & shiro is simply to loud

> >

> > Maaaaaaaaaaaaaybe if you're talking about pve only. Which this thread doesn't. And I'm sure you play herald because it's bad :D

> >

> > Not only that, but OP takes his stats for the initial statement from some publicly accessible site, so when he says "revenant is the least played profession", he means "revenant and its especs".

>

> I play herald because i have fun with it, which doesnt mean its good or bad.

Yes, it doesn't mean it's good or bad. But the fact that it's good means it's good. Time to stop pretending it's not.

>If people kick other people right out of groups or insult them right off the bat, only for being core rev or herald, then theres clearly something wrong.

Never seen that happen, but judging by posts on this forum, it seems everyone "gets kicked or insulted" unless they play barely few of the top meta picks. So nah, I doubt that's what you're frequently met with.

> And i assumed this thread is about PvE only, because Revenants are often found in wvw zergs and even in pvp.

Well, time to re-read first post of this thread then ;)

> Renegade alone is way more often found than Engineers ,thiefs, elementalists and mesmers (in PvE&pvp at least)

Ok, so what's the problem? :D

> @"Sobx.1758" said:

> > @"Virdo.1540" said:

> > > @"Sobx.1758" said:

> > > > > @"Oxstar.7643" said:

> > > > > > @"Virdo.1540" said:

> > > > > > > @"Oxstar.7643" said:

> > > > > > > Uh. Rev is one of my fav classes to play. I have specced my renegade rev to be a survivable and it still hits pretty decently for being nowhere close to optimized for damage. It's... really not in any way a weak class. Your self heal is absurdly good with battle scars, you can do amazing aoe and control with Kalla's warband and your shortbow, and you can do great support both from renegade and herald with buffs to fury and might. Being able to give a whole group in meta on demand 15 might stacks and an aoe field that both amps their damage and allows them insane self heal is no joke either. There are also times when it helps a lot to have an anti ranged shield. Revs dominate the field of saying no to projectiles, outdoing even guardians. While this is limited application in groups, it can sometimes be a downright blessing solo, and also if you use planar protection from the heal with protective solace and your hammer shield then you can stay protected from missile basically forever while still dishing out damage.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Renegade is not Revenant in whole.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Revenant as core if pretty much bottom of everything, while herald can be a bit better, but still nowhere near "being not a joke".

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Renegade is extremely overtuned. 10man alac, 5man 25might, extreme group lifesiphone, extreme usage of battlescars, epic burst damage etc.

> > > > >

> > > > > being bad without elite speccs is nothing new. And many revs I see use herald because of the facets.

> > > >

> > > > if im lucky i see one other herald per day, while most play renegade. Most heralds chose herald simply because of the "perma swiftness".

> > > >

> > > > Because Rapid flow is kinda annoying & shiro is simply to loud

> > >

> > > Maaaaaaaaaaaaaybe if you're talking about pve only. Which this thread doesn't. And I'm sure you play herald because it's bad :D

> > >

> > > Not only that, but OP takes his stats for the initial statement from some publicly accessible site, so when he says "revenant is the least played profession", he means "revenant and its especs".

> >

> > I play herald because i have fun with it, which doesnt mean its good or bad.

>

> Yes, it doesn't mean it's good or bad. But the fact that it's good means it's good.

What makes it good? The underwhelming damage? The booning, thats worse than from other professions? The amount of energy-intensiveunderwhelming class-specific buffs?

>

> >If people kick other people right out of groups or insult them right off the bat, only for being core rev or herald, then theres clearly something wrong.

>

> Never seen that happen, but judging by posts on this forum, it seems everyone "gets kicked or insulted" unless they play barely few of the top meta picks. So nah, I doubt that's what you're frequently met with.

then you are a lucky one. lets call it like that: If a build (like dps herald) isnt found on something like "Snowcrows", then its not accepted.

>

> > Renegade alone is way more often found than Engineers ,thiefs, elementalists and mesmers (in PvE&pvp at least)

>

> Ok, so what's the problem? :D

Revenants and heralds are very seldom, so they could use a buff. Renegade is op ,so it needs to be seperated from the whole post.

Herald is a support spec, so it could use some tweaks in its underwhelming support.

Without buffing the already very high damage of the renegade, an option to improve the low-support Core revenant would be to make a rework to retribution. Maybe some other ways to improve the damage a bit more, while not improving it to an level over Devastation or Invocation.

Renegade is revenant. You can't pretend like they are two different classes just because it suits your narrative. What you CAN argue is that the CORE of the CLASS is in need of improvements, which is a perfectly valid argument. We keep saying the same of Engineer. I'm not saying I know how to fix it.

Instead, I want to ask a question - is there ANY class that has a core build on level with elite specc build?

> @"Oxstar.7643" said:

> Instead, I want to ask a question - is there ANY class that has a core build on level with elite specc build?

Warrior, Thief, Guardian , to name some that have an equal level to their Especs. Some other classes are not be too far off of (one of) their specs. But there are still exceptions, like Rev-Renegade, Necro-Both specs, Engineer-Holosmith etc

> @"Virdo.1540" said:

> > @"Sobx.1758" said:

> > >If people kick other people right out of groups or insult them right off the bat, only for being core rev or herald, then theres clearly something wrong.

> >

> > Never seen that happen, but judging by posts on this forum, it seems everyone "gets kicked or insulted" unless they play barely few of the top meta picks. So nah, I doubt that's what you're frequently met with.

> then you are a lucky one. lets call it like that: If a build (like dps herald) isnt found on something like "Snowcrows", then its not accepted.

It's not about luck, it's about knowing how to get teams that allow you to play how you want. Not being meta isn't a sign there is something wrong and if groups are rejecting you, this isn't a reason for Anet to change something. it is a reason for you to get a different group.

> @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > @"Virdo.1540" said:

> > > @"Sobx.1758" said:

>

> > > >If people kick other people right out of groups or insult them right off the bat, only for being core rev or herald, then theres clearly something wrong.

> > >

> > > Never seen that happen, but judging by posts on this forum, it seems everyone "gets kicked or insulted" unless they play barely few of the top meta picks. So nah, I doubt that's what you're frequently met with.

> > then you are a lucky one. lets call it like that: If a build (like dps herald) isnt found on something like "Snowcrows", then its not accepted.

>

> It's not about luck, it's about knowing how to get teams that allow you to play how you want. Not being meta isn't a sign there is something wrong and if groups are rejecting you, this isn't a reason for Anet to change something. it is a reason for you to get a different group.

but dont forget, people only want "meta" these days. Doesnt matter if they can execute meta tactics or not, just the team composition is important

> @"Virdo.1540" said:

> > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > @"Sobx.1758" said:

> >

> > > > >If people kick other people right out of groups or insult them right off the bat, only for being core rev or herald, then theres clearly something wrong.

> > > >

> > > > Never seen that happen, but judging by posts on this forum, it seems everyone "gets kicked or insulted" unless they play barely few of the top meta picks. So nah, I doubt that's what you're frequently met with.

> > > then you are a lucky one. lets call it like that: If a build (like dps herald) isnt found on something like "Snowcrows", then its not accepted.

> >

> > It's not about luck, it's about knowing how to get teams that allow you to play how you want. Not being meta isn't a sign there is something wrong and if groups are rejecting you, this isn't a reason for Anet to change something. it is a reason for you to get a different group.

>

> but dont forget, people only want "meta" these days. Doesnt matter if they can execute meta tactics or not, just the team composition is important

I didn't forget ... if people only want meta these days and you CHOOSE to play with those people, you are essentially foregoing your ability to play how you want because your criteria is playing with people that want meta, NOT playing how you want. Besides, Anet can't ensure whatever choice players make is meta anyways.

_people only want "meta" these days_ is not an accurate assessment of the situation to begin with... because if people ONLY wanted to play meta, then there wouldn't BE a problem with people wanting to play off-meta builds to begin with, so clearly that's incorrect. What you REALLY mean is that lots of PUG teams only want meta ... and that CERTAINLY is no reason to change the game because it's not a problem if lots of PUG teams only want meta. They play how they want and you can to ... you just need to make better choices who you play with, just like how the meta PUG's make choices who they play with.

> @"Virdo.1540" said:

> > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > @"Sobx.1758" said:

> >

> > > > >If people kick other people right out of groups or insult them right off the bat, only for being core rev or herald, then theres clearly something wrong.

> > > >

> > > > Never seen that happen, but judging by posts on this forum, it seems everyone "gets kicked or insulted" unless they play barely few of the top meta picks. So nah, I doubt that's what you're frequently met with.

> > > then you are a lucky one. lets call it like that: If a build (like dps herald) isnt found on something like "Snowcrows", then its not accepted.

> >

> > It's not about luck, it's about knowing how to get teams that allow you to play how you want. Not being meta isn't a sign there is something wrong and if groups are rejecting you, this isn't a reason for Anet to change something. it is a reason for you to get a different group.

>

> but dont forget, people only want "meta" these days. Doesnt matter if they can execute meta tactics or not, just the team composition is important

*Some* people do, others don't. You seem to intentionally only mention the situations that might be used to get your class/espec buffed and then claim it's the norm. But it's not.

And what exactly do you enjoy about Herald's playstyle (in comparison to rev/rng) if it's not about its performance? I think it's the second person I see claiming that, but I never managed to get an answer to that.

> @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > @"Virdo.1540" said:

> > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > @"Sobx.1758" said:

> > >

> > > > > >If people kick other people right out of groups or insult them right off the bat, only for being core rev or herald, then theres clearly something wrong.

> > > > >

> > > > > Never seen that happen, but judging by posts on this forum, it seems everyone "gets kicked or insulted" unless they play barely few of the top meta picks. So nah, I doubt that's what you're frequently met with.

> > > > then you are a lucky one. lets call it like that: If a build (like dps herald) isnt found on something like "Snowcrows", then its not accepted.

> > >

> > > It's not about luck, it's about knowing how to get teams that allow you to play how you want. Not being meta isn't a sign there is something wrong and if groups are rejecting you, this isn't a reason for Anet to change something. it is a reason for you to get a different group.

> >

> > but dont forget, people only want "meta" these days. Doesnt matter if they can execute meta tactics or not, just the team composition is important

>

> I didn't forget ... if people only want meta these days and you CHOOSE to play with those people, you are essentially foregoing your ability to play how you want because your criteria is playing with people that want meta.

Yea thats the problem. Almost all pugs that can be found in the lfg section (at least to my playtimes) are meta-only.

> @"Sobx.1758" said:

> > @"Virdo.1540" said:

> > > > > @"Sobx.1758" said:

> > >

> > > > > >If people kick other people right out of groups or insult them right off the bat, only for being core rev or herald, then theres clearly something wrong.

> > > > >

> > > > > Never seen that happen, but judging by posts on this forum, it seems everyone "gets kicked or insulted" unless they play barely few of the top meta picks. So nah, I doubt that's what you're frequently met with.

> > > > then you are a lucky one. lets call it like that: If a build (like dps herald) isnt found on something like "Snowcrows", then its not accepted.

> > >

> > > It's not about luck, it's about knowing how to get teams that allow you to play how you want. Not being meta isn't a sign there is something wrong and if groups are rejecting you, this isn't a reason for Anet to change something. it is a reason for you to get a different group.

> >

> > but dont forget, people only want "meta" these days. Doesnt matter if they can execute meta tactics or not, just the team composition is important

>

> *Some* people do, others don't. You seem to intentionally only mention the situations that might be used to get your class/espec buffed and then claim it's the norm. But it's not.

>

I mention what happens most of the time. And i dont want to provoke an improvement for revenant, just equality for people that want to play what they want to play.

> And what exactly do you enjoy about Herald's playstyle (in comparison to rev/rng) if it's not about its performance?

I like the aspect system. I like the all-arounder theme from the herald, like dps/support mix (even tho full dps or full support are still bad, a mix wont be better)

And i like to be an asset in groups, which means i could fill out a support role, i could fill out an dps slot, tank, simply cc a lot etc.

It can do many things, but nothing really good though.

> @"Virdo.1540" said:

> > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > > @"Sobx.1758" said:

> > > > > > > @"Virdo.1540" said:

> > > >

> > > > > > >If people kick other people right out of groups or insult them right off the bat, only for being core rev or herald, then theres clearly something wrong.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Never seen that happen, but judging by posts on this forum, it seems everyone "gets kicked or insulted" unless they play barely few of the top meta picks. So nah, I doubt that's what you're frequently met with.

> > > > > then you are a lucky one. lets call it like that: If a build (like dps herald) isnt found on something like "Snowcrows", then its not accepted.

> > > >

> > > > It's not about luck, it's about knowing how to get teams that allow you to play how you want. Not being meta isn't a sign there is something wrong and if groups are rejecting you, this isn't a reason for Anet to change something. it is a reason for you to get a different group.

> > >

> > > but dont forget, people only want "meta" these days. Doesnt matter if they can execute meta tactics or not, just the team composition is important

> >

> > I didn't forget ... if people only want meta these days and you CHOOSE to play with those people, you are essentially foregoing your ability to play how you want because your criteria is playing with people that want meta.

>

> Yea thats the problem. Almost all pugs that can be found in the lfg section (at least to my playtimes) are meta-only.

The solution to that problem isn't for Anet to change the game so that everything is meta. They CAN'T. The solution to that is changing how you play and you decide to play with.

> @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > @"Virdo.1540" said:

> > > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > > > @"Sobx.1758" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Virdo.1540" said:

> > > > >

> > > > > > > >If people kick other people right out of groups or insult them right off the bat, only for being core rev or herald, then theres clearly something wrong.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Never seen that happen, but judging by posts on this forum, it seems everyone "gets kicked or insulted" unless they play barely few of the top meta picks. So nah, I doubt that's what you're frequently met with.

> > > > > > then you are a lucky one. lets call it like that: If a build (like dps herald) isnt found on something like "Snowcrows", then its not accepted.

> > > > >

> > > > > It's not about luck, it's about knowing how to get teams that allow you to play how you want. Not being meta isn't a sign there is something wrong and if groups are rejecting you, this isn't a reason for Anet to change something. it is a reason for you to get a different group.

> > > >

> > > > but dont forget, people only want "meta" these days. Doesnt matter if they can execute meta tactics or not, just the team composition is important

> > >

> > > I didn't forget ... if people only want meta these days and you CHOOSE to play with those people, you are essentially foregoing your ability to play how you want because your criteria is playing with people that want meta.

> >

> > Yea thats the problem. Almost all pugs that can be found in the lfg section (at least to my playtimes) are meta-only.

>

> The solution to that is changing how you play and you decide to play with.

so i decide to play something like herald & play solo? Or play smthing besides herald, but with almost everyone

> @"Virdo.1540" said:

> > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Sobx.1758" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Virdo.1540" said:

> > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >If people kick other people right out of groups or insult them right off the bat, only for being core rev or herald, then theres clearly something wrong.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Never seen that happen, but judging by posts on this forum, it seems everyone "gets kicked or insulted" unless they play barely few of the top meta picks. So nah, I doubt that's what you're frequently met with.

> > > > > > > then you are a lucky one. lets call it like that: If a build (like dps herald) isnt found on something like "Snowcrows", then its not accepted.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > It's not about luck, it's about knowing how to get teams that allow you to play how you want. Not being meta isn't a sign there is something wrong and if groups are rejecting you, this isn't a reason for Anet to change something. it is a reason for you to get a different group.

> > > > >

> > > > > but dont forget, people only want "meta" these days. Doesnt matter if they can execute meta tactics or not, just the team composition is important

> > > >

> > > > I didn't forget ... if people only want meta these days and you CHOOSE to play with those people, you are essentially foregoing your ability to play how you want because your criteria is playing with people that want meta.

> > >

> > > Yea thats the problem. Almost all pugs that can be found in the lfg section (at least to my playtimes) are meta-only.

> >

> > The solution to that is changing how you play and you decide to play with.

>

> so i decide to play something like herald & play solo? Or play smthing besides herald, but with almost everyone

If you want ... I mean, the game doesn't stop you from doing that. Are you implying you can't play how you want? That's not a problem for LOTS of people so what is stopping you? Then answer is YOU.

Nothing you can say will change the fact that people play Herald and get teams. Just because you can't doesn't mean there is a problem Anet needs to solve by changing the game.

> @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > @"Virdo.1540" said:

> > > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Virdo.1540" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Sobx.1758" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Virdo.1540" said:

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > >If people kick other people right out of groups or insult them right off the bat, only for being core rev or herald, then theres clearly something wrong.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Never seen that happen, but judging by posts on this forum, it seems everyone "gets kicked or insulted" unless they play barely few of the top meta picks. So nah, I doubt that's what you're frequently met with.

> > > > > > > > then you are a lucky one. lets call it like that: If a build (like dps herald) isnt found on something like "Snowcrows", then its not accepted.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > It's not about luck, it's about knowing how to get teams that allow you to play how you want. Not being meta isn't a sign there is something wrong and if groups are rejecting you, this isn't a reason for Anet to change something. it is a reason for you to get a different group.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > but dont forget, people only want "meta" these days. Doesnt matter if they can execute meta tactics or not, just the team composition is important

> > > > >

> > > > > I didn't forget ... if people only want meta these days and you CHOOSE to play with those people, you are essentially foregoing your ability to play how you want because your criteria is playing with people that want meta.

> > > >

> > > > Yea thats the problem. Almost all pugs that can be found in the lfg section (at least to my playtimes) are meta-only.

> > >

> > > The solution to that is changing how you play and you decide to play with.

> >

> > so i decide to play something like herald & play solo? Or play smthing besides herald, but with almost everyone

>

> If you want ... I mean, the game doesn't stop you from doing that. Are you implying you can't play how you want? That's not a problem for LOTS of people so what is stopping you? Then answer is YOU.

>

> Nothing you can say will change the fact that people play Herald and get teams. Just because you can't doesn't mean there is a problem Anet needs to solve by changing the game.

Its not only me. Its a problem for many people that want to play herald.

And no, its not always possible to get everything someone could want (like being herald and being accepted in pugs)

Im sure someday, after tons of kicks, insults etc. a herald could be able to find 1 pug group for something, that doesnt kick or insult right off the bat.

> @"Virdo.1540" said:

> > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Virdo.1540" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Sobx.1758" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"Virdo.1540" said:

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > >If people kick other people right out of groups or insult them right off the bat, only for being core rev or herald, then theres clearly something wrong.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Never seen that happen, but judging by posts on this forum, it seems everyone "gets kicked or insulted" unless they play barely few of the top meta picks. So nah, I doubt that's what you're frequently met with.

> > > > > > > > > then you are a lucky one. lets call it like that: If a build (like dps herald) isnt found on something like "Snowcrows", then its not accepted.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > It's not about luck, it's about knowing how to get teams that allow you to play how you want. Not being meta isn't a sign there is something wrong and if groups are rejecting you, this isn't a reason for Anet to change something. it is a reason for you to get a different group.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > but dont forget, people only want "meta" these days. Doesnt matter if they can execute meta tactics or not, just the team composition is important

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I didn't forget ... if people only want meta these days and you CHOOSE to play with those people, you are essentially foregoing your ability to play how you want because your criteria is playing with people that want meta.

> > > > >

> > > > > Yea thats the problem. Almost all pugs that can be found in the lfg section (at least to my playtimes) are meta-only.

> > > >

> > > > The solution to that is changing how you play and you decide to play with.

> > >

> > > so i decide to play something like herald & play solo? Or play smthing besides herald, but with almost everyone

> >

> > If you want ... I mean, the game doesn't stop you from doing that. Are you implying you can't play how you want? That's not a problem for LOTS of people so what is stopping you? Then answer is YOU.

> >

> > Nothing you can say will change the fact that people play Herald and get teams. Just because you can't doesn't mean there is a problem Anet needs to solve by changing the game.

>

> Its not only me. Its a problem for many people that want to play herald.

Right and the answer is the same to those people as it is to you. Just because you and them can't get teams doesn't mean there is a problem Anet needs to solve by changing the game. The number of people this affects is irrelevant; it just shows how many people don't understand how this game works. You say you dont want to provoke an improvement for revenant, just equality for people that want to play what they want to play ...well we got that ... it's just that some people still need to learn how.

>And no, its not always possible to get everything someone could want

Right ... that's why it's nonsensical to continually petition Anet to change the game to do EXACTLY that for you and other people that can't be bothered to figure out how to 'play how you want'. See, the problem here isn't a game issue because if it was, people would not be able to play Herald in teams and I know for a fact people can and DO that. Therefore, whatever the problem is, it's not fixed by Anet changing the game. This is an issue with how you play the game. No response you can make will change that.