Severe Lag Spikes & Disconnect - Error Code 7:11:3:202:101 - [Merged]

So I have been playing Guild Wars for a few months now and I have had zero issuesd with connectivity until the last few weeks. I thought it might have been my internet so I have updated my in house router and and my download speeeds are hitting 30-50mbs.

In game I play fine but then all of a sudden i'm getting high ping of 400+ and then everything freezes. Eventually I disconnect and get this error code: 7:11:3:202:101

I don't see another post about this specific error code but others of a similar format relate to disconnects, is anyone able to advise please?

Thanks

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got on tonight, 1:00 AM Mountain, and there's like maybe 4 players at Fire Elemental. Ping 439, but the lag is absolutely horrible. The FE is hitting people and knocking them down in two hits, and they are unable to be resurrected or able to res themselves. Then you die, cannot waypoint out, and get DC. Heck, lot of times am fighting and suddenly stuff is not registering, but the FE was still damaging and interrupting cause there's like no one there.

Rebooted the computer, router, twice. But to the game, error codes 7:11:3:202:101 from the Payette, Idaho region. Is the game being hacked again?

Was weird, harvested in home, then guild hall. Then some character was asking me to join my guild, said was dead. he's asking why I was in it. Cause it's a home and let me do things I could not otherwise. Wasn't even a few minutes that I started getting those error codes 7:11:3:202:101 every 10 to 15 minutes. This some new IP hacking thing I wonder?

Might be why no one is doing anything if their getting kicked offline from the client/server issue. As much money as I've dumped into the game the last few month I would expect better game play... /le sigh

• 4 weeks later...

> @"Marvell.8795" said:

> Logging in, getting disconnected and getting Error Code 7:11:3:202:101

Have been getting this for months now, it coincidently happened the day after New Zealand went into complete lock down due to Covid-19 .

Replaced my router/modem, replaced my graphics card and monitor (needed doing) just to see if it would fix the problem.

The really strange thing is that this error actually makes my router/modem lose it's adsl connection and the it has to do the whole adsl handshake thing again

I can sit at the log-in character screen for ages without any disconnects, I can watch you tube videos and download big files without any disconnects, it's only when I am actually playing GW2. The disconnects can be within a minute of logging in and playing or sometimes I can play for 15 minutes or so.

I played GW since pre-launch and GW2 since pre-launch and have never had these sort of problems before and that was on an even slower and more unstable connection.

> @"Twospirit.4589" said:

> i'm getting something a long the same errors as well, 7:11:3:202:101. all started after this latest patch. repairing client hasn't helped. rebooting internet hasn't, i'm hardwired as well. no wifi for gaming here. next step is fresh reinstall of game i guess.

fresh reinstall of the game didn't work either.

I started having the same issue just this past week after an update. I tried checking my firewall, updating and reinstalling programs, restarting my router/computer. Nothing works. I am on a college campus but I've been on this campus for 2 years now and this is the first time I've had this issue.

> @"Heiden.6835" said:

> I'm also getting the same issue (and I live in MT time as well, coincidentally). The server worlds seem more populated than usual, maybe a server overload; i.e. too many players?

Update: I ran a diagnostic test on the game. The errors start only when it goes to connect to the cloud servers the game is hosted on- I can connect to everything else fine, so its on either Cloud or ArenaNet's end.

Rather easy to determine where a problem lays in respect this issue. Do a tcp ping on playing server. If the drops are within a few hops of your computer-thats your ISP. If the drops lay on the return leg from the AWS server.. then that is AWS and possibly Anet (Anets contribution to pitiful RTT -prob activity like cc being slow calculated)

Also it ALWAYS happens AFTER i do all the hard work and beat them, then at the end usually at a cutscene boom, that error code and i have to re do the entire mission. 1 time is fine, but its been about 30 times in my 150 hours ive put in this month and i have the screen shots to prove it. I did submit a ticket but idk if they will fix it it seems to have been an issue forever.