E-Spec Idea: The Soulbinder (inspired by ritualist)

Iustitian.9176

Soulbinder

The soulbinder has discovered a new understanding of the use of souls and binds a demonic Oni to his soul, which feeds on it.He uses a longbow and binding rituals to shred his enemies from afar while his demonic servant spreads fear and terror.

**Profession mechanic**

- Demon Servant (Oni) instead of Death Shroud, which can be summoned while you have above 25% lifeforce- Life force is slowly consumed while Demon Servant is active- Life force are the life points of the demon servant- 8 second recharge time when Demon Servant disappears- Stats of the demon servant are based on the stats of the playerDemon servant standard attack causes bleeding (1/2 seconds attack speed; 1 stack bleeding for 3 seconds).**F1** - shadow jump Teleport to enemy + 3x attacks with damage + cripple; grants fire aura in blazing shroud**F2** - horror sight Fear; longer duration in blazing shroud**F3** - Consuming Darkness 6x life drain + weakness + slowness; more life drain in blazing shroud**F4** - Blazing shroud You and your demon servant receive protection + deals damage and burns to nearby enemies for 5 seconds**F5** - Bind / Unbind

**Weapon skills**

Longbow- **Dark arrow** Damage and bleeding.- **Dread salvo** Cone area, deal 5x damage + torment.- **Shredding sting** Piercing + inflict 5 stacks vulnerability for 10 seconds, earn fury for 3 seconds and 10% life force for each enemy you hit.- **Cemetery of Misery** Heavy area damage, dark field, damage + crippling for 5 seconds.- **Corrupted arrow** Heavy damage + 1 stack of poison for 10 seconds + removes 3 boons.

**Slot skills**Binding rituals(Spirits are like engineer towers and have an endless duration)(Spirits are bound to their summon location and die when the player is out of a 1200 range)(Binding rituals become "Break bond" after activation to sacrifice the spirit and start the recharge timer)- **Bloodsong** Image Range attacks; damage + heals player.- **Shadow song** Image Range attacks; deal damage + blindness.- **Union** Image Takes 33% of allies damage.- **Empowerment** Image Grants power + life force to allies every 3 seconds; lose 5 % lifepoints at every use.- **Disenchantment** Image Range attacks; damage + removes boons.- **Dissonance** Image Range attacks; damage + daze; double damage and knowdown when interrupt an enemy.

**Traits**Minor Adept- **Second shadow** Image Your death shroud becomes a demon servant, you get access to the longbow and binding rituals.Minor Master- **Spirit to body** Image Earn 25 endurance and swiftness for 5 seconds when you use a skill that generate life force; 5 seconds recharge.Minor Grandmaster- **Demonic Agility** Image Your actions are 10% faster while your Demon Servant is active. Your Demon Servant gains 5 seconds of quickness and super speed when summoned.Major Adept- **Demonic precision** Image Conditions that you and your demon servant inflict last 10% longer.- **Paralyzing pain** Image Cripple inflicts immobilization; 15 seconds recharge.- **Step into the spirit world** Image You get invisibility for 2 seconds after dodging.Major Master- **Nightmare shroud** Image Your shroud lasts 33% longer and causes fear when you enter it.- **Shadow arrows** Image Dark arrow generates 3% life force on vulnerable targets. Longbow skills have a 20% shorter recharge time.- **Omen of return** Image If your demon servant disappear, you will receive 20% life force. You will return from the downstate with 20% more life points.Major Grandmaster- **Essence of destruction** Image When your demon servant or ghosts disappear, nearby enemies will take damage. Weapon skills that generate life force deal 10 % more damage.- **Essence of reverberation** Image When your demon servant or ghost disappear, a spirit of pain is created at your position for 30 seconds, inflicting damage and vulnerability on enemies. Weapon skills that generate life force recharge 20 % faster.- **Essence of life** Image When your demon servant or ghosts disappear, nearby allies will be healed. Weapon skills that generate life force heal you.

I'm not a fan of Sylvanas, so I don't appreciate that image of her.

Oni where Assassins in GW1 and Necromancers aren't actually connected to demons, so I don't think Oni would fit with this idea.

You might want to have a Wraith or lesser Lich instead.

Does your idea envision the summons to benefit from Minion traits?

Dark Arrow is supposed to be the auto attack, do I read that right?

You have put some seriously busted stuff in there, my friend.

One trait is making your auto attack grant life force on vulnerable targets, which is a condition that can easily get kept permanently on an enemy.

And then another trait grants you 25 endurance when using a skill that generates life force.

Congratulations, your necromancer now gets a dodge bar every 2 auto attacks, lmao. What is this?

> @"Fueki.4753" said:

> I'm not a fan of Sylvanas, so I don't appreciate that image of her.

>

> Oni where Assassins in GW1 and Necromancers aren't actually connected to demons, so I don't think Oni would fit with this idea.

> You might want to have a Wraith or lesser Lich instead.

>

> Does your idea envision the summons to benefit from Minion traits?

>

I tried to fix the part of the Necromancer which is still not filled: Fast long-ranged attacks with strong single target damage. Reaper is for strong aoe melee direct damage, Scourge is for strong aoe range condition damage and support.

I want a special minion master with immobile minions and a range weapon, so I created that necro-ranger-ritualist-combination. But with that oni demon theory you could be right. Perhaps a bladed aaxte (type is nightmare) could be better for this.

I think the summons should benefit from minion traits like that in blood magic, but not that three in the death magic traitline.

> @"Kodama.6453" said:

> Dark Arrow is supposed to be the auto attack, do I read that right?

>

> You have put some seriously busted stuff in there, my friend.

> One trait is making your auto attack grant life force on vulnerable targets, which is a condition that can easily get kept permanently on an enemy.

> And then another trait grants you 25 endurance when using a skill that generates life force.

>

> Congratulations, your necromancer now gets a dodge bar every 2 auto attacks, lmao. What is this?

You have to read the whole trait. There is a 5 seconds recharge on this trait so it's not op ?

Why is the name 'dark arrow' for auto attack a problem?

> @"Iustitian.9176" said:

> > @"Kodama.6453" said:

> > Dark Arrow is supposed to be the auto attack, do I read that right?

> >

> > You have put some seriously busted stuff in there, my friend.

> > One trait is making your auto attack grant life force on vulnerable targets, which is a condition that can easily get kept permanently on an enemy.

> > And then another trait grants you 25 endurance when using a skill that generates life force.

> >

> > Congratulations, your necromancer now gets a dodge bar every 2 auto attacks, lmao. What is this?

>

> You have to read the whole trait. There is a 5 seconds recharge on this trait so it's not op ?

>

> Why is the name 'dark arrow' for auto attack a problem?

I could have sworn that the trait didn't have a CD when I was reading the concept, even looked an additional time to make sure. And you didn't stealth edit it into the trait? :p

Didn't want to say that the name is the problem, I was just asking to confirm since you didn't actually assign the skills to any keys and just wrote a list.

But I am also not entirely sure about the coherence of the spec. It seems that part of it's thematic is being evasive, either by getting additional dodges, swiftness, or stealth. Then on the other hand you get stationary utility skills, which seems weird for a spec so heavily built around mobility and agility.

And from a lore standpoint, your spec draws alot of inspiration from the ritualist, but ritualists had no connections to demons as far as I am aware....

> @"Kodama.6453" said:

> > @"Iustitian.9176" said:

> > > @"Kodama.6453" said:

> > > Dark Arrow is supposed to be the auto attack, do I read that right?

> > >

> > > You have put some seriously busted stuff in there, my friend.

> > > One trait is making your auto attack grant life force on vulnerable targets, which is a condition that can easily get kept permanently on an enemy.

> > > And then another trait grants you 25 endurance when using a skill that generates life force.

> > >

> > > Congratulations, your necromancer now gets a dodge bar every 2 auto attacks, lmao. What is this?

> >

> > You have to read the whole trait. There is a 5 seconds recharge on this trait so it's not op ?

> >

> > Why is the name 'dark arrow' for auto attack a problem?

>

> I could have sworn that the trait didn't have a CD when I was reading the concept, even looked an additional time to make sure. And you didn't stealth edit it into the trait? :p

>

> Didn't want to say that the name is the problem, I was just asking to confirm since you didn't actually assign the skills to any keys and just wrote a list.

>

> But I am also not entirely sure about the coherence of the spec. It seems that part of it's thematic is being evasive, either by getting additional dodges, swiftness, or stealth. Then on the other hand you get stationary utility skills, which seems weird for a spec so heavily built around mobility and agility.

> And from a lore standpoint, your spec draws alot of inspiration from the ritualist, but ritualists had no connections to demons as far as I am aware....

>

I swear I didn't edit that trait ?

The weapon skills are sorted descanding from 1 to 5. Ok, I didn't write numbers ?

That e-spec shall give mobility to the necromancer. I think that can be great that way and so the player can spread the spirits on the battlefield so aoe fields don't destroy them at once.

Perhaps a bladed aaxte (type is nightmare) could be better for this.

https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Bladed_Aatxe

Interesting stuff. But for "Step into the Spirit World," perhaps they get distortion instead of invisibility since they would still take damage while invisible? Also, I believe at least one of the utility skills should be a stun breaker but I'm not sure which one(s) right now

> @"Headcase.4618" said:

> Interesting stuff. But for "Step into the Spirit World," perhaps they get distortion instead of invisibility since they would still take damage while invisible? Also, I believe at least one of the utility skills should be a stun breaker but I'm not sure which one(s) right now

Your right, "Step into the Spirit World" could avoid direct damage. I think an own buff for that would be good (a combination of invisibility and distortion):

Step into the Spirit World

But in exchange for that the trait should get a 5 seconds recharge.

"Union" could be the stun breaker utility skill.

Renegade (and scourge to some degree) is obviously inspired by ritualist and shows that the concept does not work in GW2's PvP environment. The game is much more dynamic than GW1 and you can not burry yourself and your team in sprits and the game does also not promote such a playstyle (which is good, because this would be lame!).

I mained ritualist in GW1 and as much as I like this profession there, but its design would not work at all in GW2 - neither the ashes carry mechanic nor the static spirits.

And if you stay with the general concept of the profession, then longbow is the last weapon, that fits the mechanic. Your static short range spirits conflict with your main weapon that is long-ranged. Even anet has been aware of that as they gave renegade only a shortbow.