Patcher Does Not Show Progress And It's Frustrating

Hi fellow GW2 players,

I want to ask a couple questions:

1. How big is GW2 patches (in GB) that I need to download via the launcher?

2. How many files (in numbers) that I need to download?

Why I'm asking such questions?

Because the launcher doesn't show me the progress, it always at 0%.

And it stuck after I had downloaded like around 7 GB of data and need to be restarted so It can continue downloading again.

But I know that the patcher is making progress, because everytime I restart the launcher, the files remaining reduces.

Restarting the launcher everytime it stucks really tests my patience (like once every 15 - 20 minutes).

So it will really help me if at least I know how big are the patches.

Thank you very much.

PS: I contacted support, but since I write this issue again here, you know the result.

First of all, posting your Account Name in public is dangerous. An unscrupulous person now knows half of your log-in information.

You should remove the screenshots.

Second, if by patch, you mean how big is the entire client to download, it is approximately 40-45 Gig.

Every time you restart the launcher, it will reset to 0%, because that shows the percentage of files downloaded since opening the launcher, that time.

You can peruse some of the other threads on the topic of 'game does not download', etc. for tips.

Good luck.

Due to high volume, the response to ticket submissions is longer than the usual '72 hours or less'.

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> First of all, posting your Account Name in public is dangerous. An unscrupulous person now knows half of your log-in information.

> You should remove the screenshots.

>

> Second, if by patch, you mean how big is the entire client to download, it is approximately 40-45 Gig.

> Every time you restart the launcher, it will reset to 0%, because that shows the percentage of files downloaded since opening the launcher, that time.

>

> You can peruse some of the other threads on the topic of 'game does not download', etc. for tips.

>

> Good luck.

>

> Due to high volume, the response to ticket submissions is longer than the usual '72 hours or less'.

Hi thank you very much for your answer.

I forgot censoring my email, deleted the screenshots.

If it's around 45 GB then 7 GB should be more than 0%.

In this case even after it says I downloaded 7 GB, it still stays 0%.

I believe it's an error.

And I believe I have restarted the client for more than 10 times.

It's weird if it's only 45 GB.

I already search for another thread regarding to patching issues, but none have similar case with me.

Thanks again :)

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> Well, the percentage is of number of files, not amount of data downloaded.

> And, like I said, it will always show 0% if you restart it; the important part is how many files remaining. If that goes down, it is downloading the client; percentage does not matter.

Thank you.

Now i'm at 304,311 files remaining at 4 - 7 mb/sec.

It's been three days.

I hope I can play GW2 this weekend :)

Hi guys,

Thank you very much for helping.

I solved this problem by simply using VPN that connects to location: America, Boston.

I'm from Indonesia.

It's weird, I just purchased a brand new PC. It worked really well on my previous PC without VPN.