Necromancer PvE balance idea - Break bar mechanic

Anchoku.8142

For almost 8 years Necromancer has suffered balance issues between game modes because of Indomitable / Defiance and I just had an idea to share for feedback.

What if there was a trait or a dark field effect that acted directly on the Defiance mechanic to extend the time a boss suffered the "broken" condition and/or reduced the time when a break bar was not available?

It is a debuff, which is consistent with the profession theme.

If the effect can be stacked in intensity, it can also bbe scaled for bosses in varying PvE instances.

This can also be implemented for other professions with builds that show game mode imbalance due to Defiance so it does not need to be exclusive to Necro.

I won't lie, I'm not thrilled by the idea.

I'd rather have ANet make the boon convertion mechanic interact with defiance even if it just mean that whenever you use a boon convertion effect on a defiant foe with no boon (or not enough) you apply a mere stack of bleed.

> @"Dadnir.5038" said:

> I won't lie, I'm not thrilled by the idea.

> I'd rather have ANet make the boon convertion mechanic interact with defiance even if it just mean that whenever you use a boon convertion effect on a defiant foe with no boon (or not enough) you apply a mere stack of bleed.

That sounds fine, too. We both know how Arenanet deals with balance issues.

> @"Anchoku.8142" said:

> > @"Dadnir.5038" said:

> > I won't lie, I'm not thrilled by the idea.

> > I'd rather have ANet make the boon convertion mechanic interact with defiance even if it just mean that whenever you use a boon convertion effect on a defiant foe with no boon (or not enough) you apply a mere stack of bleed.

>

> That sounds fine, too. We both know how Arenanet deals with balance issues.

They ignore them as long as possible in PvE and chose the worst possible solution in a hurry when sPvP is on fire?