who else keep over heating

Lighter.5631

You kinda just described your problem... the fight being too intense so you lose focus on heat bar or you are lazy and lose focus on heat bar.

Pay attention to it and it's a non issue. Again though PBM feels like the only rewarding GM at the moment... balancing heat isn't so hard but just doesn't feel worth it.

Could it be somewhat of a UI thing? What if Arenanet were to change the appearance of the UI more so that it's more prominent than it is currently? Right now the left side of the skill bar lights up more when you are in forge and the F5 flashes when you are near overheating. What if they made it so that the whole aura around the skill bar glowed like the F5 did instead? Perhaps make the halo around it a little redder and stick out a bit more?

I wish the heat mechanic did more than jut stuff around that little bar and instead was maybe the whole skill bar like Rev or Druid. With everything else going on (especially in group combat) seeing my self change color or noticing the little bar effects is often difficult. I realize the paradox of making it more prominent just adds to the noise, but yes... something.

> @"Lotus Bane.9387" said:

> You should only be overheating if you're traited to do so. Otherwise it is nearly the same as a normal engineer with kit swapping. You don't swap to the tool kit and start auto attacking with your crowbar the whole time. It's just resource monitoring.

but forge auto attack is too good

> @Lighter.5631 said:

> > @"Lotus Bane.9387" said:

> > You should only be overheating if you're traited to do so. Otherwise it is nearly the same as a normal engineer with kit swapping. You don't swap to the tool kit and start auto attacking with your crowbar the whole time. It's just resource monitoring.

>

> but forge auto attack is too good

Nah, what's too good is #3 and #5 lol. More like addictive actually.

> @"Lotus Bane.9387" said:

> > @Lighter.5631 said:

> > > @"Lotus Bane.9387" said:

> > > You should only be overheating if you're traited to do so. Otherwise it is nearly the same as a normal engineer with kit swapping. You don't swap to the tool kit and start auto attacking with your crowbar the whole time. It's just resource monitoring.

> >

> > but forge auto attack is too good

>

> Nah, what's too good is #3 and #5 lol. More like addictive actually.

i prefer 3 and 4 myself>:D

> @kharmin.7683 said:

> My character says things when she is close to overheating. Similarly, when the forge cools down to zero, she lets me know. All I have to do is listen to her.

That is a good point and I agree that it adds flavor and can be effective in alerting the player. However it does not help deaf players, so it cannot be the only thing working to alert players of their heat limit.

> @rrusse.7058 said:

> > @kharmin.7683 said:

> > My character says things when she is close to overheating. Similarly, when the forge cools down to zero, she lets me know. All I have to do is listen to her.

>

> That is a good point and I agree that it adds flavor and can be effective in alerting the player. However it does not help deaf players, so it cannot be the only thing working to alert players of their heat limit.

The overheat mechanic is color coded. You start out blue, turn yellow at 50, and turns red at 100.

> @"Blood Red Arachnid.2493" said:

> > @rrusse.7058 said:

> > > @kharmin.7683 said:

> > > My character says things when she is close to overheating. Similarly, when the forge cools down to zero, she lets me know. All I have to do is listen to her.

> >

> > That is a good point and I agree that it adds flavor and can be effective in alerting the player. However it does not help deaf players, so it cannot be the only thing working to alert players of their heat limit.

>

> The overheat mechanic is color coded. You start out blue, turn yellow at 50, and turns red at 100.

What about the colorblind & deaf folks?

> @JETWING.2759 said:

> Need better visualization on heat state on screen. Some times i need focus on heat bar, loosing the sight of adversary and events.

It would be nice if we could customize the appearance of the heat bar.

For example, it might be nice to have a gauge rising along the left side of the screen, or be able to increase the size of the heat bar.

I'm pretty much staring at my Heat bar every time I use PF. It's not so bad once you get a rotation down, but it's too distracting considering how overheating without being traited for it eats a third of your health and along with the other massive disadvantages.

Also, not being able to pick up certain items in PF mode is incredibly annoying/dangerous (like against Jade maw.)

Personally I've gotten sort of used to a rotation instead of trying to "watch" my heat, but I've still developed the habit of paying attention to the audio/visual cues. I also ran a Photonic Blasting Module build while I was getting used to Holosmith.

I wish we could have certain UI elements such as Heat near the center of the screen as contextual vertical bars or circles (like the cast bar or the stamina indicator in Breath of the Wild), but UI customization is one area ANet has never supported so /shrug

you slowly change color with your heat state blue to yellow than slowly to red when things turn reddish turn the forge off or use Photonic Blasting Module than you want to blow up as part of your rotation (does damage) to others and not you you also get a nice heal and damage boot after you go blooey

> @Hawks.5736 said:

> Personally I've gotten sort of used to a rotation instead of trying to "watch" my heat, but I've still developed the habit of paying attention to the audio/visual cues. I also ran a Photonic Blasting Module build while I was getting used to Holosmith.

>

> I wish we could have certain UI elements such as Heat near the center of the screen as contextual vertical bars or circles (like the cast bar or the stamina indicator in Breath of the Wild), but UI customization is one area ANet has never supported so /shrug

>

>

There was plenty of UI customization in Guild Wars 1 (along with easily savable, copy-and-paste build codes). Why the second game is worse in those areas than the first is anyone's guess; I sure as hell haven't gotten an answer from their devs from any of my forum posts on the subject. The worst part is, they made it possible to quick load builds in PvP..._but only their premade builds_. We still can't save our own.