I Understand all the Hate Regarding Scourge Nerfs, but Don't Forget Power Reaper

Aldric the Slayer.5784

As a mainly PvE player, I have been maining my reaper since HoT. However, I find it incredibly difficult to find raid groups who will take me when I'm on that character. When I do get in to a raid group, I constantly get well-meaning little jabs with people asking "Wow, who brought the Reaper?" because the whole community knows, utility, dps, support, nothing is up to snuff on any of the necromancer specs. The design of the Reaper was amazing and I instantly fell in love with it, but it has been absolutely gutted in PvE in the name of "balance". The two things I will say the Reaper has going for it are great CC and nearly unparalleled survivability. But, that doesn't do much in the DPS race that is end game PvE. ArenaNet, a lot of us are losing our heads over what has recently happened to the Scourge because we love our Necromancers. I apologize for the collective Necromancer player base, but it is because we love this game and because we love our Necromancers that we are so passionate. Can you throw us a bone and balance our classes so they are competitive end game team mates?

> @mygamingid.5816 said:

> Of course it was removed from benchmarks. The original benchmark was invalidated and in a week or two a balance pass will invalidate current benchmarks. Why waste time providing anything in the interim?

realy ? Thats ALL you get from that Picture ?

Necro is the Only one that got outright fully removed from these...you see that right ?

this is NOT just about the daily weekly monthly Balance change issues stuff that is going on here......

whats going on here is that Necros AGAIN like always got sent back to the Trash bin by the devs.....

[Look at qT’s own words](https://qtfy.eu/guildwars/news/scourge-update/). They see a 7k-8k loss from the fix-and-nerf. That would put Condi Scourge over 30k. That’s enough to make the list, but it’s going to change very soon, so why bother?

QT also says this: “We hope necromancer gets some power back and also some love with the upcoming balance patch. Don’t be a class nazi! Scourge is still in a ok-ish spot and can be picked for certain situations! We will keep you guys up to date with upcoming raid-testing!”

And ArenaNet says this: “Now that the stacking bug has been fixed, we've got potential to bring the single-shade interaction to a more respectable level. Keep in mind that the specialization probably won't hit previous DPS potential (as it has heavy support built in), but we do intend for it to go up from where it's currently at.“

> @mygamingid.5816 said:

> -the specialization probably won't hit previous DPS potential (as it has heavy support built in)

> -won't hit previous DPS potential (as it has heavy support built in)

> -(as it has heavy support built in)

> -heavy support

https://i.imgur.com/DzvFRjE.gifv

and these are the Guys that Balance Necro...................

You have to understand them: the design allows multiple Scourge to stack barriers. If you have 10 Scourges it's broken.

Necro history shows that, in that case, they will either:

- divide barrier amount by 10 so it's balanced in best case scenario (most used solution).

- deny everything else: mobility, active defense, damage, you name it, to counterbalance what's broken without touching it.

In the end, dividing barrier amount by 10 wasn't good enough, because 10 Scourges would have a never decaying barrier, so they chose the 2nd solution.

What's surprising, though, is that they almost always design our abilities/mechanics to end up in that situation.

Quality design + quality balance = BOOM !

> @Ara.4569 said:

> You have to understand them: the design allows multiple Scourge to stack barriers. If you have 10 Scourges it's broken.

> Necro history shows that, in that case, they will either:

> - divide barrier amount by 10 so it's balanced in best case scenario (most used solution).

> - deny everything else: mobility, active defense, damage, you name it, to counterbalance what's broken without touching it.

>

> What's surprising, though, is that they almost always design our abilities/mechanics to end up in that situation.

> Quality design + quality balance = BOOM !

as i said in my Older Topic i created some time ago...

devs NEED TO STOP balancing necros around Stacking..... or it will forever stay a trash class as a whole....

> @Zoltreez.6435 said:

> as i said in my Older Topic i created some time ago...

>

> devs NEED TO STOP balancing necros around Stacking..... or it will forever stay a trash class as a whole....

>

Pretty certain stacking any class will be OP, hence why multiboxing in WoW BG's used to be so ridiculous.

Also in general Scourge needs to have some purpose (ranged support+dps like tempest) with Reaper having its own as well (Melee dps, tank? Who knows at this point). There needs to be some reason between the two outside of just funsies.

When I think of core necromancer I think of self conditions rituals tanky life draining sort of profession . ATM it is... something . When I think reaper I think of a DPS less bulky more raw damage fighting profession . Greatsword being a power based weapon . ATM it is mostly condition based . When I think scourge I think converting enemy buffs to conditions , allied conditions to boons and some other good support options . Not having as much damage as the other 2 and not being as bulky but being able to help allies . scourge is .... something atm . I really feel they need some work on them

> @Slayer.7318 said:

> When I think of core necromancer I think of self conditions rituals tanky life draining sort of profession . ATM it is... something . When I think reaper I think of a DPS less bulky more raw damage fighting profession . Greatsword being a power based weapon . ATM it is mostly condition based . When I think scourge I think converting enemy buffs to conditions , allied conditions to boons and some other good support options . Not having as much damage as the other 2 and not being as bulky but being able to help allies . scourge is .... something atm . I really feel they need some work on them

Reaper is not condition based. The only thing dealing damaging conditions on reaper traits and skills is rs 4 and deathly chill. It is the abuse of these things that gives reaper its condition build. If any of these two things was removed, condi reaper would literally no longer exist.