Spirit Ranger Fix

Jdavis.8501

The spirits being mobile would help out using them in world boss fights, WvW and in open PvE.

Its just a good QoL. In addition i would make the activation skill ground target, the spirits would vanish and the activation skill would be instant on targeted ground.

Spirits would be more dinamic and their gameplay more versatile. I would actually use them in open PvE if they could move.

> @InsaneQR.7412 said:

> The spirits being mobile would help out using them in world boss fights, WvW and in open PvE.

> Its just a good QoL. In addition i would make the activation skill ground target, the spirits would vanish and the activation skill would be instant on targeted ground.

>

> Spirits would be more dinamic and their gameplay more versatile. I would actually use them in open PvE if they could move.

You pvp?

In Spvp it would be more than a QoL change.

Ground targeting would offer some counterplay.

I'd make them ground targeted for sure and also give the active two ammo shots which are also ground targeted and that moves the spirit to that target area. Then you are able to move the spirits around as you please without them following you into AoE, you can use the active on someone, but you may have to sacrifice the spirit to do so. I reckon that is pretty balanced.

> @Krispera.5087 said:

> Their actives are terrible and making them mobile would be more than QoL (WvW, PvP, open Pve).

>

> Nobody use Storm, Water and Nature spirits. I'm still amazed by the ''taking forever terrible'' actives are still here after 2 expansions.

I think ground targeted could make them usable again. 3s daze and solid damage from storm. Nature spirit active is amazingly good, the spirits just don't survive and can't get any casts off in their current state due to cleave damage. I think ground targeting could amend that.

As long as they implement ground targeting well, It should be based on ranger LoS as the spirit is dying (and should disappear) to cause an effect somewhere else, then I think that would at least make nature spirit very viable and the rest would just need less of a drastic overhaul than they need now to even see a skill bar.

> @EnderzShadow.2506 said:

> > @InsaneQR.7412 said:

> > The spirits being mobile would help out using them in world boss fights, WvW and in open PvE.

> > Its just a good QoL. In addition i would make the activation skill ground target, the spirits would vanish and the activation skill would be instant on targeted ground.

> >

> > Spirits would be more dinamic and their gameplay more versatile. I would actually use them in open PvE if they could move.

>

> You pvp?

> In Spvp it would be more than a QoL change.

>

> Ground targeting would offer some counterplay.

No i dont but i know it would be more than a QoL change in PvP. It would make them useful in PvP. A reason more to improve on the mechanic.

> @extremexhero.9178 said:

> Cool down is so low though why would you need them to follow you? Just destroy them and respawn them. I rather set up a spirit than have it follow me just to get cleaved by everything and not even last the minute, and the radius is 1000 anyway.

If you're referring to PvE, getting cleaved is not a problem. Minions take like ?99% reduced damage if they are not targeted by mobs.

+1 for spirits to move again.

> @"Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582" said:

> Something like https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Summon_Spirits would be pretty cool, I wonder if they would make it baseline with a hotkey like F6 or something.

They would have to incorporate the pet into this otherwise it would be useless for people without spirits.

But they could basically refunction the F3.

> @InsaneQR.7412 said:

> > @"Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582" said:

> > Something like https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Summon_Spirits would be pretty cool, I wonder if they would make it baseline with a hotkey like F6 or something.

>

> They would have to incorporate the pet into this otherwise it would be useless for people without spirits.

> But they could basically refunction the F3.

Ofc it would be useless for people without spirits, it only moves the spirits to your location.

The spirit sacrifices(second skill) are actually really good, I use in pvp, the only thing is that the range 360 and you can kill them even with trait before you notice they are being attacked and will not get the skill off. Ground Targeted spirits needs to be a thing, how do we make it happen? ANET HEAR OUR PLEA!(probably been requested countless times)