Male norns Updates?

> @"serialkicker.5274" said:

> > @"Yggranya.5201" said:

> > > @"coso.9173" said:

> > > we also want pretty male norns. you can be both pretty (meaning correct body proportions) and be a bad kitten wild viking have you not see the vikings series? or the new assassin's creed? no need to distort body proportions to cartoony levels for only males whileleaving females as big humans because "sexy sells"

> >

> > But it does sell, so nothing will ever change.

>

> Lol, what? Are you saying that because we have sexy females, we somehow can't have sexy males? I'm confused.

No, I'm saying that it's very usual that male races are allowed to be wild and cartoony or more deformed and less human, but for their female counterpart, it's usually a good looking female with at most sole small differences like skin tone, different ears or eyes.

Imo the norm should have been both either more stocky like males or more idealistic Vikings like females.

And since I prefer to have my sexy Viking guys, I'd rather go with the second.

> @"coso.9173" said:

> > @"serialkicker.5274" said:

> > > @"Yggranya.5201" said:

> > > > @"coso.9173" said:

> > > > we also want pretty male norns. you can be both pretty (meaning correct body proportions) and be a bad kitten wild viking have you not see the vikings series? or the new assassin's creed? no need to distort body proportions to cartoony levels for only males whileleaving females as big humans because "sexy sells"

> > >

> > > But it does sell, so nothing will ever change.

> >

> > Lol, what? Are you saying that because we have sexy females, we somehow can't have sexy males? I'm confused.

>

> No, I'm saying that it's very usual that male races are allowed to be wild and cartoony or more deformed and less human, but for their female counterpart, it's usually a good looking female with at most sole small differences like skin tone, different ears or eyes.

> Imo the norm should have been both either more stocky like males or more idealistic Vikings like females.

> And since I prefer to have my sexy Viking guys, I'd rather go with the second.

I agree with you. My reply was to the other person that apparently thinks that making males more attractive would somehow take away from females' attractiveness or... well, idk what they meant with that statement "sex sells, so nothing will change". I don't see how that stops developers from making norn males not look idiotically cartoonish.

> @"serialkicker.5274" said:

> > @"coso.9173" said:

> > > @"serialkicker.5274" said:

> > > > @"Yggranya.5201" said:

> > > > > @"coso.9173" said:

> > > > > we also want pretty male norns. you can be both pretty (meaning correct body proportions) and be a bad kitten wild viking have you not see the vikings series? or the new assassin's creed? no need to distort body proportions to cartoony levels for only males whileleaving females as big humans because "sexy sells"

> > > >

> > > > But it does sell, so nothing will ever change.

> > >

> > > Lol, what? Are you saying that because we have sexy females, we somehow can't have sexy males? I'm confused.

> >

> > No, I'm saying that it's very usual that male races are allowed to be wild and cartoony or more deformed and less human, but for their female counterpart, it's usually a good looking female with at most sole small differences like skin tone, different ears or eyes.

> > Imo the norm should have been both either more stocky like males or more idealistic Vikings like females.

> > And since I prefer to have my sexy Viking guys, I'd rather go with the second.

>

> I agree with you. My reply was to the other person that apparently thinks that making males more attractive would somehow take away from females' attractiveness or... well, idk what they meant with that statement "sex sells, so nothing will change". I don't see how that stops developers from making norn males not look idiotically cartoonish.

It meant that it's only a suprise they didn't ruin the male norn in the same way they did the females. I don't really care one way or the other, because they are just human so i wouldn't play one anyway.

I literally deleted my male norn a couple weeks ago. Fully equipped with Ascended armor... and I deleted him. I got so mad at trying to find a good armor combination but everything was so much more warped than on my Asuran Rev it just made me mad.

Male norn don't need to look more human, just less ape like. I get that their lore was devolved into " angry drunkard" but that doesnt mean the model needs to look like an angry drunkard made it.

> @"MrAmputatoes.6031" said:

> I literally deleted my male norn a couple weeks ago. Fully equipped with Ascended armor... and I deleted him. I got so mad at trying to find a good armor combination but everything was so much more warped than on my Asuran Rev it just made me mad.

>

> Male norn don't need to look more human, just less ape like. I get that their lore was devolved into " angry drunkard" but that doesnt mean the model needs to look like an angry drunkard made it.

Maybe all the males are secretly channeling the gorilla?

> @"Yggranya.5201" said:

> > @"MrAmputatoes.6031" said:

> > I literally deleted my male norn a couple weeks ago. Fully equipped with Ascended armor... and I deleted him. I got so mad at trying to find a good armor combination but everything was so much more warped than on my Asuran Rev it just made me mad.

> >

> > Male norn don't need to look more human, just less ape like. I get that their lore was devolved into " angry drunkard" but that doesnt mean the model needs to look like an angry drunkard made it.

>

> Maybe all the males are secretly channeling the gorilla?

I don't recall ape being a spirit they can channel :P

> @"Kyraios.8954" said:

> > @"Yggranya.5201" said:

> > > @"MrAmputatoes.6031" said:

> > > I literally deleted my male norn a couple weeks ago. Fully equipped with Ascended armor... and I deleted him. I got so mad at trying to find a good armor combination but everything was so much more warped than on my Asuran Rev it just made me mad.

> > >

> > > Male norn don't need to look more human, just less ape like. I get that their lore was devolved into " angry drunkard" but that doesnt mean the model needs to look like an angry drunkard made it.

> >

> > Maybe all the males are secretly channeling the gorilla?

>

> I don't recall ape being a spirit they can channel :P

That is why it's a secret. They couldn't go all the way, so they just got cartoony body shape as an unfortunate side effect, or fortunate side effect if you like the way they look. Some people here obviously don't like it.