Why self bleed on Dagger #3 ?

leasm.1279

Yes; they changed both the 2nd and 3rd skills at the same time, for new synergy.

I agree it doesn't make sense offensively for a power build, but if you were - for whatever reason - to have substantial healing power then Life Siphon is overall pretty potent in that regard.

Patch notes show they did make Dark Pact 20% stronger at the time, so possibly it was also kind of a counterbalance to the recharge not being upped.

> @leasm.1279 said:

> Thanks guys. Seems half work really. They could at least allow Dagger 2 to hit in AoE. Or make Dagger 1 to transfer one bleed stack per hit. Then the self bleed sould make more sense in this kind of power weapon.

In my opinion the Self-Condition/Condition-Sending mechanic on Necromancer was only ever mediocre in it's implementation. I like the concept, but it always seemed like an after-thought, with little bits of it spread all over the traits, weapons and skills, rather than being anything solidly viable.

In my opinion, they should either boost this with it's own traitline or bin the concept entirely and make these self-condition things into target-condition instead.