Tomes of Knowledge

I was wondering what would be a good way to get rid of these besides leveling another toon. I have a few stacks when I came up with a great idea. What if we hold a game wide or at least server wide gambling lottery. So you can exchange 1 tome for an entry to a weekly lottery. This lottery can give cool prices from gems, higher chance of getting a precursor ora really cool or gold making item. What do you guys think? If weekly seems to often it could be a monthly thing. You can also throw thousands in a week to increase your chances or save them and do like 5 or 10 per week.

> @Malicious.3716 said:

> I was wondering what would be a good way to get rid of these besides leveling another toon. I have a few stacks when I came up with a great idea. What if we hold a game wide or at least server wide gambling lottery. So you can exchange 1 tome for an entry to a weekly lottery. This lottery can give cool prices from gems, higher chance of getting a precursor ora really cool or gold making item. What do you guys think? If weekly seems to often it could be a monthly thing.

I think people who PVP and get these by the truckload will love you idea ...

I think people who only PVE wont like it

If it doesnt benefit the whole community, I dont see many backing this idea LOL

> @Purgatori.3645 said:

> > @Malicious.3716 said:

> > I was wondering what would be a good way to get rid of these besides leveling another toon. I have a few stacks when I came up with a great idea. What if we hold a game wide or at least server wide gambling lottery. So you can exchange 1 tome for an entry to a weekly lottery. This lottery can give cool prices from gems, higher chance of getting a precursor ora really cool or gold making item. What do you guys think? If weekly seems to often it could be a monthly thing.

>

> I think people who PVP and get these by the truckload will love you idea ...

>

> I think people who only PVE wont like it

>

> If it doesnt benefit the whole community, I dont see many backing this idea LOL

Perhaps this can be another way to increase PvP population or bring pve players into PvP.

> @smsarasin.3468 said:

> > @RoseofGilead.8907 said:

> > You can already exchange 10 tomes for an entry to a weekly gamble: key farm.

>

> I was unaware of this. Where do you go to enter the lottery? Is there a wiki or anything on this? I have at least 100 tomes just taking up space in my bank...

It's not an actual lottery. If you use the tomes to level a new character to level 10 you can do their personal story; the step at the 10th level rewards a Black Lion Chest Key. This reward is limited to once a week. If you're looking to burn through tomes even faster you can level to 80, do the level 10 story and then map complete Bloodstone Fen (takes like 5 minutes with gliding masteries, likely faster now with mounts) for another chance at a key along with a piece of exotic gear.

> @smsarasin.3468 said:

> > You can already exchange 10 tomes for an entry to a weekly gamble: key farm.

>

> I was unaware of this. Where do you go to enter the lottery? Is there a wiki or anything on this? I have at least 100 tomes just taking up space in my bank...

It's not a literal lottery. It's when you start a new character and level it to 10 doing the personal story. One of the rewards is a chest key.

> @RoseofGilead.8907 said:

> Unless you already have a stack and a half of Tomes of Knowledge, on top of the 20/30/40/50 leveling scrolls . . .

Characters start at level one and gain a level-up from the intro (which you must complete to be able to do personal story), so if you use ten tomes, that's level 12.

> @Zaltys.7649 said:

> > Unless you already have a stack and a half of Tomes of Knowledge, on top of the 20/30/40/50 leveling scrolls . . .

> Characters start at level one and gain a level-up from the intro (which you must complete to be able to do personal story), so if you use ten tomes, that's level 12.

>

>

Yeah, I get that. I'm just saying it doesn't really matter because I get more tomes than I could ever use. Edit: ALthough, I do usually just use 9 of them, but still. :p

• 4 months later...

There is a need to do something with these. I have more than a stack. I get them faster than I can use them on key run characters.

How about give a choice? A tome of knowledge or something else? Maybe unidentified dye, karma or something? Or let us sell them to a merchant.

Also please do not give us a level 60 tome of the six year birthday. Go back to the Guild War 1 days and give us unbound minis

I always wonder why they think we need to get so many tomes?

> @"Malicious.3716" said:

> I was wondering what would be a good way to get rid of these

So, you don't need Spirit Shards?

> @"Nidome.1365" said:

> We need another use for spirit shards - I have over 13k shards and gain them quicker than I can use them from excess tomes & other shard rewards

Wow. I am always running low on those with 12 characters. ;)

> @"smsarasin.3468" said:

> Ah, gotcha... You had me all excited for a second.. Yeah, I had forgotten about the two keys you get on a new character. One at the finish of the personal story, and then another when you 'talk to your friend' in Lion's Arch after choosing one of the 3 paths.

>

> D'oh!

>

Don't forget the one you get when doing the Claw Island story chapter. And beyond the core personal story, Tangled Paths from LS2 and Roots of Terror from the HoT story. Those also reward you with a guaranteed BL key.