Achievement Point Milestones NEED better rewards

Ezuu.8417

Just a quick rundown of everything you've currently earned through your achievement point rewards alone.

* Gold: 286

* Laurels: 167

* Gems: 2400

* Magic Find+: 19%

* Gold Find+: 18%

* Karma gain+:24%

* XP gain+: 36%

* All Zenith Weapon skins

* 1 Pinnacle Weapon skin

* All Radiant & Hellfire skins: Except 1 chest peice and 2 Back pieces

> @"Mewcifer.5198" said:

> > @"Vayne.8563" said:

> > AP rewards aren't there to entice you to do achievements People do achievements because they enjoy achievement hunting. Adding must have rewards will "force" people to focus on something they don't enjoy. That's sort of the structure of the whole game.

> >

> > I don't need to run dungeons because dungeon rewards aren't forcing me to do that. I don't need to run raids because raid rewards aren't required to get BIS gear (like in many other games). The idea that you should do what's fun and play for fun is more central to this game. If you want a specific reward you can go for it, but i find this game best played where I play for fun and see the reward as a bonus.

>

> I agree with this for the most part. It would be bad to put anything in the rewards that makes people feel like they need to hunt achievements. Especially since daily AP and LS1 has so many people way ahead of anyone who would start going for AP now.

>

> I am an achievement hunter and I am only just now getting close to 20k points. I would have a lot more if I did dailies regularly instead of just whenever. I like racking up those numbers, but I also enjoy the process of completing achievements.

>

> But another set of armor skins as rewards wouldn't harm anything. And would be a nice bonus to people who hunt AP.

The real bonus for people who hunt AP is the one no one ever talks about. And it ends up being better than an armor skin, which is hit or miss. You might like it, you might not. I don't like the hell fire skin and so it's not a motivation.

But those gold finds and those magic finds and karma boosts and XP boosts all add up. I get stuff done faster than people witihout my achievements. Sure I might be only getting a percentage more gold or a few more rare drops when I kill stuff than another player, but, I kill stuff constantly. All the time. And that stuff adds up. It adds up to alot. I'm sitting on over 39k XP and when I level a new character or a new mastery which I often do by killing, I level them much faster. it'S much better than a skin I may or may not use, because no matter what I do in this game, I'm going to be killing something at some point.

> @"Vayne.8563" said:

> > @"Mewcifer.5198" said:

> > > @"Vayne.8563" said:

> > > AP rewards aren't there to entice you to do achievements People do achievements because they enjoy achievement hunting. Adding must have rewards will "force" people to focus on something they don't enjoy. That's sort of the structure of the whole game.

> > >

> > > I don't need to run dungeons because dungeon rewards aren't forcing me to do that. I don't need to run raids because raid rewards aren't required to get BIS gear (like in many other games). The idea that you should do what's fun and play for fun is more central to this game. If you want a specific reward you can go for it, but i find this game best played where I play for fun and see the reward as a bonus.

> >

> > I agree with this for the most part. It would be bad to put anything in the rewards that makes people feel like they need to hunt achievements. Especially since daily AP and LS1 has so many people way ahead of anyone who would start going for AP now.

> >

> > I am an achievement hunter and I am only just now getting close to 20k points. I would have a lot more if I did dailies regularly instead of just whenever. I like racking up those numbers, but I also enjoy the process of completing achievements.

> >

> > But another set of armor skins as rewards wouldn't harm anything. And would be a nice bonus to people who hunt AP.

>

> The real bonus for people who hunt AP is the one no one ever talks about. And it ends up being better than an armor skin, which is hit or miss. You might like it, you might not. I don't like the hell fire skin and so it's not a motivation.

>

> But those gold finds and those magic finds and karma boosts and XP boosts all add up. I get stuff done faster than people witihout my achievements. Sure I might be only getting a percentage more gold or a few more rare drops when I kill stuff than another player, but, I kill stuff constantly. All the time. And that stuff adds up. It adds up to alot. I'm sitting on over 39k XP and when I level a new character or a new mastery which I often do by killing, I level them much faster. it'S much better than a skin I may or may not use, because no matter what I do in this game, I'm going to be killing something at some point.

That is a good point, I hadn't thought of all the boosts you get. Permanent account-wide bonuses are pretty sweet.