Character Slots and High-Demand Gem Store Item Sales - Visibility

Baine.9650

This year there was no main news announcement of the anniversary GEM STORE SALE. We knew there would be one but not exactly when it would start and you guys tacked on the announcement onto a new gem store item (The title was: **[spark and Shiver with the Dark Storm Chest](https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/spark-and-shiver-with-the-dark-storm-chest/)**). Since when was the start of your anniversary sale less of a headline than new skins?

Why is it so opaque? For the week that it started, it was at the end of a post (LINK:https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/458/news-gemstore-items-new-returned-sales/p24) that spanned **one and a half pages** (Aug 11) and you put the highest-demand gemstore items on sale at the same time (Copper Salvage and Character Slots). As a comparison, the previous week (Aug 19) it was a lot more obvious since it's above an image in the thread.

You also know that, relatively speaking, a small segment of your players check the forums and social media for such information. They always go to the launcher first, then come to the forums and social media for research if the **launcher's news titles are of interest to them**. Arguably, you were trying to obscure this sale from your players.

GM Astral Projections.7320, you're doing a great job but you're the most visible GM for gem store sales so I'm addressing you. It would make sense that the anniversary gem store sale (where its a rare occasion that Anet gives discounts on character slots) is the headliner for any news/announcement post it'll be on. Why was it decided that Spark and Shiver, Whatever, was more interesting than **ANNIVERSARY GEM STORE SALE BEGINS THIS WEEK COME READ THIS NEWS POST NOW**

Also, why not make future upcoming gem sales posts _IT'S OWN POST ON THE THREAD_? That way, all players can just look for the upcoming sales POST, instead of having to more often than not hunt for the sales information tacked on at the end of a potentially long start-of-week gem store information post. The fact I am using ctrl+f "upcoming sales" to track the information properly proves that the current way its being presented is **NOT** effective.

> GM Astral Projections.7320, you're doing a great job but you're the most visible GM for gem store sales so I'm addressing you

Inculpatus is correct. I’m not a GM or connected to ANet in any way other than being a player of this game who decided to start a thread on the gemstore a few years back. I maintain it without any sort of pay from ANet. I get my information the same way any other player does, by reading announcements by ANet, reading data mining posts by other players and logging into the game each day to look at the gemstore.

> @"Astral Projections.7320" said:

> > GM Astral Projections.7320, you're doing a great job but you're the most visible GM for gem store sales so I'm addressing you

>

> Inculpatus is correct. I’m not a GM or connected to ANet in any way other than being a player of this game who decided to start a thread on the gemstore a few years back. I maintain it without any sort of pay from ANet. I get my information the same way any other player does, by reading announcements by ANet, reading data mining posts by other players and logging into the game each day to look at the gemstore.

>

>

>

>

I got that impression because support uses your thread as an FAQ to tell users to go to X for information.

Now that I know that's the case this is even more reprehensible. As an ex-GM for Maple Story I respect what you're doing Astral, but I'm extremely disappointed with Anet, even more so now. This is the support mail I received in reply, word for word, which eventually told me to "post on the forums as devs read the forums for feedback"

>GM XXXXXXXX (Guild Wars 2 Support)

>Hello,

>Below I have provided you a link to our gem store sales page.

>https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/458/news-gemstore-items-new-returned-sales/p24

>Included in the link, mentions when the character slot expansions were going on sale. Please use this link to keep up to date on future upcoming gem store sales. If you need assistance with anything else, feel free to contact us again.

>Regards,

> @"Baine.9650" said:

> > @"Astral Projections.7320" said:

> > > GM Astral Projections.7320, you're doing a great job but you're the most visible GM for gem store sales so I'm addressing you

> >

> > Inculpatus is correct. I’m not a GM or connected to ANet in any way other than being a player of this game who decided to start a thread on the gemstore a few years back. I maintain it without any sort of pay from ANet. I get my information the same way any other player does, by reading announcements by ANet, reading data mining posts by other players and logging into the game each day to look at the gemstore.

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

> I got that impression because support uses your thread as an FAQ to tell users to go to X for information.

>

> Now that I know that's the case this is even more reprehensible. As an ex-GM for Maple Story I respect what you're doing Astral, but I'm extremely disappointed with Anet, even more so now. This is the support mail I received in reply, word for word, which eventually told me to "post on the forums as devs read the forums for feedback"

>

> >GM XXXXXXXX (Guild Wars 2 Support)

> >Hello,

> >Below I have provided you a link to our gem store sales page.

> >https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/458/news-gemstore-items-new-returned-sales/p24

> >Included in the link, mentions when the character slot expansions were going on sale. Please use this link to keep up to date on future upcoming gem store sales. If you need assistance with anything else, feel free to contact us again.

> >Regards,

>

>

No wonder you thought I was a GM. Maybe I ought to apply for pay since they’re claiming my thread. lol.

> @"Astral Projections.7320" said:

> > @"Baine.9650" said:

> > > @"Astral Projections.7320" said:

> > > > GM Astral Projections.7320, you're doing a great job but you're the most visible GM for gem store sales so I'm addressing you

> > >

> > > Inculpatus is correct. I’m not a GM or connected to ANet in any way other than being a player of this game who decided to start a thread on the gemstore a few years back. I maintain it without any sort of pay from ANet. I get my information the same way any other player does, by reading announcements by ANet, reading data mining posts by other players and logging into the game each day to look at the gemstore.

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

> > I got that impression because support uses your thread as an FAQ to tell users to go to X for information.

> >

> > Now that I know that's the case this is even more reprehensible. As an ex-GM for Maple Story I respect what you're doing Astral, but I'm extremely disappointed with Anet, even more so now. This is the support mail I received in reply, word for word, which eventually told me to "post on the forums as devs read the forums for feedback"

> >

> > >GM XXXXXXXX (Guild Wars 2 Support)

> > >Hello,

> > >Below I have provided you a link to our gem store sales page.

> > >https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/458/news-gemstore-items-new-returned-sales/p24

> > >Included in the link, mentions when the character slot expansions were going on sale. Please use this link to keep up to date on future upcoming gem store sales. If you need assistance with anything else, feel free to contact us again.

> > >Regards,

> >

> >

>

> No wonder you thought I was a GM. Maybe I ought to apply for pay since they’re claiming my thread. lol.

>

>

>

Make sure you get back pay too. ;)