[Top priority] High heels system

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like some more high heels too. I like making some of my toons look really dressed up and most of the current shoes don't fit that criteria. We have a few sets of heels, but a lot of them were poorly made or have weird features on them.

I don't think anyone wants to replace all the boots with high heels, so I don't see why there is so much push back for adding more options.

> @Ubi.4136 said:

> Sure. But this "high heels system" must include:

> *affects all game modes*

> 1. wearer of high heels has a 15% chance every 5 seconds while moving to be knocked down (fall/trip equivalent) for 3 seconds

> 2. *in combat* wearer of high heels has a 5% chance of breaking an ankle, doing so immobilizes character for the duration of combat (can not be removed)

> 3. *mounting* wearer of high heels has a 5% chance of impaling the mount while mounting, resulting in that mount going on cooldown for a minute until it recovers from the abuse

Food for thought:

http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-21151350

Just a few snippets of the history and usage of high heels.

"The high heel was worn for centuries throughout the near east as a form of riding footwear," says Elizabeth Semmelhack of the Bata Shoe Museum in Toronto.

Good horsemanship was essential to the fighting styles of Persia - the historical name for modern-day Iran.

"When the soldier stood up in his stirrups, the heel helped him to secure his stance so that he could shoot his bow and arrow more effectively," says Semmelhack."

"In the 1670s, Louis XIV issued an edict that only members of his court were allowed to wear red heels. In theory, all anyone in French society had to do to check whether someone was in favour with the king was to glance downwards. In practice, unauthorised, imitation heels were available."

'Although Europeans were first attracted to heels because the Persian connection gave them a macho air, a craze in women's fashion for adopting elements of men's dress meant their use soon spread to women and children.

"In the 1630s you had women cutting their hair, adding epaulettes to their outfits," says Semmelhack.

"They would smoke pipes, they would wear hats that were very masculine. And this is why women adopted the heel - it was in an effort to masculinise their outfits."'

> @Dovienya.6597 said:

> > @Ubi.4136 said:

> > Sure. But this "high heels system" must include:

> > *affects all game modes*

> > 1. wearer of high heels has a 15% chance every 5 seconds while moving to be knocked down (fall/trip equivalent) for 3 seconds

> > 2. *in combat* wearer of high heels has a 5% chance of breaking an ankle, doing so immobilizes character for the duration of combat (can not be removed)

> > 3. *mounting* wearer of high heels has a 5% chance of impaling the mount while mounting, resulting in that mount going on cooldown for a minute until it recovers from the abuse

>

> Food for thought:

> http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-21151350

>

> Just a few snippets of the history and usage of high heels.

>

> "The high heel was worn for centuries throughout the near east as a form of riding footwear," says Elizabeth Semmelhack of the Bata Shoe Museum in Toronto.

> Good horsemanship was essential to the fighting styles of Persia - the historical name for modern-day Iran.

> "When the soldier stood up in his stirrups, the heel helped him to secure his stance so that he could shoot his bow and arrow more effectively," says Semmelhack."

>

> "In the 1670s, Louis XIV issued an edict that only members of his court were allowed to wear red heels. In theory, all anyone in French society had to do to check whether someone was in favour with the king was to glance downwards. In practice, unauthorised, imitation heels were available."

>

> 'Although Europeans were first attracted to heels because the Persian connection gave them a macho air, a craze in women's fashion for adopting elements of men's dress meant their use soon spread to women and children.

> "In the 1630s you had women cutting their hair, adding epaulettes to their outfits," says Semmelhack.

> "They would smoke pipes, they would wear hats that were very masculine. And this is why women adopted the heel - it was in an effort to masculinise their outfits."'

>

>

OK, so my #3 stands, and we add a : if the wearer of high heels successfully mounts without absusing the animal, they have a 25% less likely chance of being dismounted passing random mobs.

> @Selfrighteous.2931 said:

> [...]

> Demand high heels system today, bacause tommorow might be late.

Wait a minute...

Do you want a "high-heels system" because, like me, you are appalled by the fact that so many female armor sets force high-heels on our female adventurers (which looks ridiculous, because nobody fight in high-heels)? :+1:

Or do you wish to see such a system introduced because you want the characters' legs to "look even longer" in heels? :-1:

Since this game is all about realism, i see no problem with climbing mountain in high heels, cat ears and sword as big as Anet's unfixed bugs list.

Speaking of which, what about tiny feet syndrome with some footwear (Exalted human female for example)? Or 10 sizes bigger than normal?

It's hilarious that i go to gemstore to check out outfits and in preview my character looks like some overblown marine from Warhammer... I don't even

I have never understood the fixation with high heels. I understand it is a problem when a model looks weird or is bad polished. But high heels... I certainly prefer my characters with normal shoes.

And although the women on my RL can use whatever they want, I will always advice them to prefer flat shoes to avoid horrible lesions. None of them need high heels to be "feminine", anyway.

> @Boysenberry.1869 said:

> > @TheSlothArmada.6709 said:

> > This isn't a problem since only Asura ~~and Charr~~ are relevant.

>

> Fixed that for you. ;)

>

> Also, why are women running around adventuring in high heels to begin with?

I chased one of my dogs around the block last week in flipflops, but running in high heels is a totally masterable artform.

> @Altair.8402 said:

> You can have a bow that shoots rainbow unicorns but yeah we need to remove heels cause they're not realistic enough

Even those annoy me. I wish there was a way to just mute those and not everything else that makes sound. It's very annoying.

> @Ardid.7203 said:

> I have never understood the fixation with high heels. I understand it is a problem when a model looks weird or is bad polished. But high heels... I certainly prefer my characters with normal shoes.

> And although the women on my RL can use whatever they want, I will always advice them to prefer flat shoes to avoid horrible lesions. None of them need high heels to be "feminine", anyway.

I never have and will never wear high heels.

I always see someone like a horse with them on. Not just because they make the sound like they're wearing horseshoes, but also the way they kind of try to walk and stop after walking.

It's almost like a horse with a rider on it's back trying to make the horse do what it wants. I always consider it laughable and very embarrassing.

Just my opinion though.

> @Selfrighteous.2931 said: Such brutal act is against right of all females and ruins the immersion. Therefore it is up to you, a proper citizen of Tyria, to stand up against this natural law violating act. Say no to hurting the women.

> Demand high heels system today, because tomorrow might be late.

Excuse me but high heels are the things hurting women. I refuse to wear them in RL so why would I wear them in a game? More women end up with problems with their feet and back from wearing those things. Just a few weeks ago I saw a 3 year old walking in heels .... I wanted to rip them off of her and lecture the parents but I did not.

Besides when high heels were invented the men is who wore them NOT the women. It was considered bad taste for women to wear them.

Lets not be extreme for any side, please.

There are a few classic character designs that use the high heels as a basic element of their "style". Like some incarnations of the femme fatale, some vampires, pinup girls, high executives and such. There are also a lot of women that DO like to risk limb and teeth to look tall and stylized over such pair of torture tings (And some of them even manage to really do it: Have you ever seen Robin Wright walking on high heels? elegant and powerful, amazing). So there are people that want high heels.

I'm not very able to "defend" high heels, because I don't really value them... but they are a choice, and choices are good, aren't they?

So I'll comment on my previous comment: I do think Anet SHOULD at some point revise the issue so the high heels don't make the character model look bad.

But is NOT a priority for me: Asura toes are much more important in my list. And adding jackets that don't cover the pants for medium armor is waaaaaaaay more important, too.

> @Ubi.4136 said:

> 1. wearer of high heels has a 15% chance every 5 seconds while moving to be knocked down (fall/trip equivalent) for 3 seconds

> 2. *in combat* wearer of high heels has a 5% chance of breaking an ankle, doing so immobilizes character for the duration of combat (can not be removed)

> 3. *mounting* wearer of high heels has a 5% chance of impaling the mount while mounting, resulting in that mount going on cooldown for a minute until it recovers from the abuse

Might I suggest that the chance of injury be reduced proportionately to the amount of 'heeling' power you have?

we all do

> @PyrateSilly.4710 said:

> > @Selfrighteous.2931 said: Such brutal act is against right of all females and ruins the immersion. Therefore it is up to you, a proper citizen of Tyria, to stand up against this natural law violating act. Say no to hurting the women.

> > Demand high heels system today, because tomorrow might be late.

>

> Excuse me but high heels are the things hurting women. I refuse to wear them in RL so why would I wear them in a game? More women end up with problems with their feet and back from wearing those things. Just a few weeks ago I saw a 3 year old walking in heels .... I wanted to rip them off of her and lecture the parents but I did not.

>

> Besides when high heels were invented the men is who wore them NOT the women. It was considered bad taste for women to wear them.

Yeh well, If you actually even understood what's the point of this criticism.... And about the high heels itself, just because they don't fit you (for whatever reason), it doesn't mean everyone has a negative attitude towards them. You need body first to look good in them... have you even looked at Marjory/Kasmeer design?

> @Ubi.4136 said:

Trying too hard : / yet failing to even read what's written above.... let me repeat that to you again properly.... HIGH HEELS ARE IN GAME ALREADY.... WOW BOOOM what a shocker ha?

> @Selfrighteous.2931 said:

> That crime is commited by cutting off (shortening) the lenght of their legs, when equipping "boots" gear with high heels or similary used costume, which happens due to game's lack of high heels system. Such brutal act is against right of all females and ruins the immersion.

The GW2 character models are disproportional in genereal. The legs are too long and heads are too small. Even a female character with the maximum head size and in high heels gear is far away from reality.

Your high heels issure just fixes the weird proportions a bit - which is nice!