Spirit Shield - Bugged

Ragnar.4257

All of this in reference to PvP.

I've been experimenting with Shield of the Avenger, since apparently Nadesmith isn't going anywhere.

But I've been getting some very odd interactions, which make it basically un-usable.

In actual games, I would say 33% of the time it works fine, 33% of the time it doesn't spawn at all (but still consumes ammo), and 33% of the time it does spawn but then instantly de-spawns after less than 1 second, rather than lasting the full 5 seconds.

It works properly 100% of the time when testing in the Mists, against golems etc. But when get into game it's failing more often than it works.

Is anyone else experiencing this? Just me?

Just to prove I'm not imagining things, here is a recording of ONE unranked game, in which out of 15 attempted uses of Shield, 13 of them failed/bugged. Only 2 worked properly.

You can clearly see that the Ammo gets consumed, the weakness/burning get applied, but the Shield either never spawns at all, or else spawns and then instantly de-spawns, with no projectile bubble.

• 2 months later...

> @"Ragnar.4257" said:

> Just to prove I'm not imagining things, here is a recording of ONE unranked game, in which out of 15 attempted uses of Shield, 13 of them failed/bugged. Only 2 worked properly.

Did you actually look at your combat log?

13:41 You hit Gwen Copperclaw for 355 using Shield of the Avenger

13:41 You hit Morticia Addams for 457 using Shield of the Avenger

13:41 You hit Morticia Addams for 529 using Shield of the Avenger

13:41 Gwen Copperclaw evaded your Sheild of the Avenger

Shield Fail Counter: 2

Actual shield failures: zero.

13:42 You hit Gwen Copperclaw for 351 using Shield of the Avenger

13:42 You critically hit Morticia Addams for 1,065 [i think, number not clear in vid] using Shield of the Avenger

13:42 You hit Flesh Golem for 329 using Shield of the Avenger

Shield Fail Counter: 3

Actual shield failures: zero

Looks like it's working fine to me. There are also numerous logs about burning being applied at the same time, but I didn't comment about that since it's hard/impossible to identify the source of burning. But they're happening at the same time so it seems right. So it does seem like this is just a visual bug, but it's working as intended.

> @"Bladezephyr.5714" said:

> > @"Ragnar.4257" said:

> > Just to prove I'm not imagining things, here is a recording of ONE unranked game, in which out of 15 attempted uses of Shield, 13 of them failed/bugged. Only 2 worked properly.

>

> Did you actually look at your combat log?

>

> 13:41 You hit Gwen Copperclaw for 355 using Shield of the Avenger

> 13:41 You hit Morticia Addams for 457 using Shield of the Avenger

> ...

> 13:41 You hit Morticia Addams for 529 using Shield of the Avenger

> 13:41 Gwen Copperclaw evaded your Sheild of the Avenger

> Shield Fail Counter: 2

> Actual shield failures: zero.

> ...

> 13:42 You hit Gwen Copperclaw for 351 using Shield of the Avenger

> 13:42 You critically hit Morticia Addams for 1,065 [i think, number not clear in vid] using Shield of the Avenger

> 13:42 You hit Flesh Golem for 329 using Shield of the Avenger

> Shield Fail Counter: 3

> Actual shield failures: zero

>

> Looks like it's working fine to me. There are also numerous logs about burning being applied at the same time, but I didn't comment about that since it's hard/impossible to identify the source of burning. But they're happening at the same time so it seems right. So it does seem like this is just a visual bug, but it's working as intended.

>

Did YOU actually read my post?

I noted that the shield was initially spawning and applying weakness/burning, and then instantly de-spawning afterwards.

Sorry, your original post said nothing of the sort. I missed the one sentence in your second post where you did say that as my eyes jumped right to the video. Your first post just said the skill bugged/failed... It didn't fail. You just didn't see the effect. Not really the same thing. You switched away from the combat log, but the bits of the video I watched which had the combat log showed:

* the skill triggered

* the damage effect triggered

* the burning effect triggered

* the weakness triggered

* no projectiles were evidently reflected, but neither did any hit you, that I saw at least

That seems to suggest that there were no projectiles to reflect, and other than the visual bug ollbertan mentioned, the skill is working... not failing. The only thing you're not getting is visual feedback that everything is working as intended. That's annoying, but doesn't seem to make the skill "unusable." Your original post--while didn't say so outright--strongly suggested the skill often wasn't working at all ("33% of the time it doesn't spawn at all (but still consumes ammo)"), but that's not the case.