The Icebrood Saga: Champions - [Merged]

Fire Attunement.9835

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it's communication at last. This chapter system is just making things needlessly messy though.

Why are they chapter now, not episodes? Is this LS6? What's the explanation? Have you ditched LS5 without really exploring the story in further depth? Are we still getting maps? What happened to Visions of the Past?

Northern Shiverpeaks is ripe for exploration and hope we will be exploring most of it. Please don't waste the chance

> @"TheNecrosanct.4028" said:

> I'm reading this as The Icebrood Saga: Champions story chapter, which itself is divided into 4 chapters. So I don't think these are side stories but instead a continuation of the main storyline.

So this is basically a yes to that.

"The Icebrood Saga: Champions is a multichapter Living World finale featuring new story, repeatable gameplay content, rewards, achievements, and masteries. In the weeks between releases, each chapter will continue to evolve with new content and ways to play."

Thank you for the Roadmap, Excited for the release on the 17th.

The additional Dragon Response missions and Allie Factions sound like they could be fun.

_"In the weeks between releases, each chapter will continue to evolve with new content and ways to play."_

This is very interesting

> @"TheNecrosanct.4028" said:

> > @"TheNecrosanct.4028" said:

> > I'm reading this as The Icebrood Saga: Champions story chapter, which itself is divided into 4 chapters. So I don't think these are side stories but instead a continuation of the main storyline.

>

> So this is basically a yes to that.

>

> "The Icebrood Saga: Champions is a multichapter Living World finale featuring new story, repeatable gameplay content, rewards, achievements, and masteries. In the weeks between releases, each chapter will continue to evolve with new content and ways to play."

Agreed. My interpretation is it's kind of like when TV shows do a two-part episode, but with more parts. So it's one episode split into 4 'chapters', hopefully because it's big enough to justify 4 seperate releases. Although I'm not sure why they don't just call them 4 seperate episodes. Maybe it will make more sense once the first part is out?

> @"Danikat.8537" said:

> > @"TheNecrosanct.4028" said:

> > > @"TheNecrosanct.4028" said:

> > > I'm reading this as The Icebrood Saga: Champions story chapter, which itself is divided into 4 chapters. So I don't think these are side stories but instead a continuation of the main storyline.

> >

> > So this is basically a yes to that.

> >

> > "The Icebrood Saga: Champions is a multichapter Living World finale featuring new story, repeatable gameplay content, rewards, achievements, and masteries. In the weeks between releases, each chapter will continue to evolve with new content and ways to play."

>

> Agreed. My interpretation is it's kind of like when TV shows do a two-part episode, but with more parts. So it's one episode split into 4 'chapters', hopefully because it's big enough to justify 4 seperate releases. Although I'm not sure why they don't just call them 4 seperate episodes. Maybe it will make more sense once the first part is out?

I think it's to make it feel like a big finale. One episode but with a story so extensive you need 4 chapters to tell it all. Or maybe it focuses on a character per episode, like each episodes deals with a champion hero or villain. Or both. Can't wait to find out, though. Even though the storytelling isn't always to write home about, I'm always curious to see where they're taking it next.

"The Icebrood Saga‘s conclusion will be felt throughout Tyria—even across the seas." This makes me feel it will tie in to the next expansion. Which may even give us a hint on a possible release period for EoD? If so, it's sooner than I expected.

> @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> Nice to see some form of communication and info about future.

> On the other hand, _another_ name change for LS to create even more confusion, with no explanation whatsoever given behind it?

> I mean, is there any _other_ reason (besides confusing is) you couldn;t stick to old season/episode numbering?

They are sticking to the old episode numbering. The episode is called The Icebrood Sage: Champions. It's just that this one is divided into 4 Chapters. There is no change in either naming or numbering here.

> @"suialthor.7164" said:

> With the new masteries, could you avoid mastery points behind gold sinks (such as in No Quarter). To clarify, gold sink achievements are fine but should not be associated with mastery points.

Unless you’re a completionist, you don’t need to do any of the achievements that require you to spend a lot of gold. There are also enough excess mastery points which allow you to skip them as well.

So I quit gw2 like 2 months ago, but I had hopes to come back soon.

But after seeing the roadmap into year 2021, there is literally no reason to come back for me. No WvW changes, No PvP changes, only PvE story content I do not care about. Whole Story is kinda boring executed.

I believe many other players are disappointed as well.

I don't even know, if I will return for the next expansion like this. There is no love from the devs for WvW or PvP players. It's honestly just sad. Devs are not even pretending, that PvP or WvW exist.

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > @"suialthor.7164" said:

> > With the new masteries, could you avoid mastery points behind gold sinks (such as in No Quarter). To clarify, gold sink achievements are fine but should not be associated with mastery points.

>

> Unless you’re a completionist, you don’t need to do any of the achievements that require you to spend a lot of gold. There are also enough excess mastery points which allow you to skip them as well.

The last few chapters have felt a little low on the options for mastery points . By not locking it behind gold we are helping new players. Helping new players helps the community.

BTW if I say its okay to have them without mastery points then being a completionist isn't the issue. I thought that would have been obvious with the clarification but perhaps I need to say it even more bluntly.