Scrapper tweaks

Dusk.4708

Yes a scrapper thread, what would you guys like to be tweaked w the next balance patch in the scrappers department?

personally, id like to see the gyros get reworked in some way to make them relevant in comparison to the holosmith in order to make people decide, "hey I can be tanky and use bots to help me sustain, or I can use holosmith and be bursty and quick!". One thing I really feel is overdue is having the gyros be weakened slightly in order to make them not take damage from outside effects EXCEPT FOR THE STEALTH GYRO that one needs to be killable IMO, and bulwark would still take damage from its inherent effect as well.

that is my opinion on one QoL change so what are yours community?

scrapper only?

- faster gyros. once you get swiftness in any movement related gamemode, and you lose most of the benefits :-/

- gyros take less damage from aoe. would love to see this for many skills ingame, that use stupid AI

- perfectly weighted hammer: damage increase on everything, not only hammer. would pull all the specs closer together, dmg-wise? but dangerous: more power-creep? (but playing a scrapper with a hammer in the bomb-kit-offhand in fractals ... i'd love to see it happen without big flames and community hate ^^)

- faster hammer 3 (i feel like everybody with swiftness IN COMBAT can outrun it easily)

- "something" that makes scrapper desireable again (i play mostly wvw in 20+ man grps and enjoyed the little time a fairly good scrapper got a nice welcome due to its unique abilities (some of them are core engi tho) plus a fair amount of damage ... stealth gyro, defense fields moving reflect in a melee ball, water(s), stealth on downed, function gyro, elixier gun cleanse, okay sustain under acs with either healing gyro or healing turret, killing ac with mortars, ranged cc, glue trail - nowadays some classes are absolutely on steroids and those old scrapper gimmicks are no way near funcionality. none of them were even best in the first place).

Revert the over the top nerfs due to PvP for starters.

Give hammer its 3 leaps back, Give the block duration back. Revert the horrible trait changes......

Or just rebuild it from the ground up as the entire design is just bland. The gyros are extremely lack luster and should have just been a passive function of the class that replaces all toolbelt skills and turns them into basically Guardian Virtues.

> @TexZero.7910 said:

> Revert the over the top nerfs due to PvP for starters.

>

>

>

> The gyros are extremely lack luster and should have just been a passive function of the class that replaces all toolbelt skills and turns them into basically Guardian Virtues.

Exactly.. never understood the point of spawning a little minion who follows you around to do some passive task on your position that the Scrapper himself could do. with less clutter. Always suggested that gyros should just have a visual effect circling above the Scrapper and be performing a task while NOT being a target or combatant.

However, I don't support undoing Hammer nerfs as it's still carrying the specialization too much.

I had a couple suggestions to fix Scrapper's bad traits:

Scrapper: Decisive Renown - Reviving an ally, stomping a foe, or *using a healing* skill applies Decisive Renown.

Scrapper: Impact Savant - The duration of all outgoing CC (Not just stuns and dazes) are increased, and the duration of all incoming CC is reduced. (Fear, Taunt, Knockdown, blowout.)

Scrapper: Expert Examination - Disabling (not just stuns and dazes) a Foe applies vulnerability and weakens them.

> @TexZero.7910 said:

> Revert the over the top nerfs due to PvP for starters.

>

> Give hammer its 3 leaps back, Give the block duration back. Revert the horrible trait changes......

>

> Or just rebuild it from the ground up as the entire design is just bland. The gyros are extremely lack luster and should have just been a passive function of the class that replaces all toolbelt skills and turns them into basically Guardian Virtues.

To be fair, the exceed skills are also pretty lack luster... Engineer didn't lucked out on the Utilities for it's elite specs except for the elite skills

> @Chaith.8256 said:

> > @TexZero.7910 said:

> > Revert the over the top nerfs due to PvP for starters.

> >

> >

> >

> > The gyros are extremely lack luster and should have just been a passive function of the class that replaces all toolbelt skills and turns them into basically Guardian Virtues.

>

> Exactly.. never understood the point of spawning a little minion who follows you around to do some passive task on your position that the Scrapper himself could do. with less clutter. Always suggested that gyros should just have a visual effect circling above the Scrapper and be performing a task while NOT being a target or combatant.

>

> However, I don't support undoing Hammer nerfs as it's still carrying the specialization too much.

>

> I had a couple suggestions to fix Scrapper's bad traits:

>

> Scrapper: Decisive Renown - Reviving an ally, stomping a foe, or *using a healing* skill applies Decisive Renown.

>

> Scrapper: Impact Savant - The duration of all outgoing CC (Not just stuns and dazes) are increased, and the duration of all incoming CC is reduced. (Fear, Taunt, Knockdown, blowout.)

>

> Scrapper: Expert Examination - Disabling (not just stuns and dazes) a Foe applies vulnerability and weakens them.

Like the traits, but i'll have to completely disagree about not reverting the hammer given the world we live in with Chrono's distort/deja vu and Full Counter on SB + X shield Combo. If these are allowed to exist in their current forms then there's no reason why scrapper cannot have 4 seconds on it block + the 3rd leap back on hammer 3 as the effective sustain is pretty comparable.

> @TexZero.7910 said:

> > @Chaith.8256 said:

> > > @TexZero.7910 said:

> > > Revert the over the top nerfs due to PvP for starters.

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > The gyros are extremely lack luster and should have just been a passive function of the class that replaces all toolbelt skills and turns them into basically Guardian Virtues.

> >

> > Exactly.. never understood the point of spawning a little minion who follows you around to do some passive task on your position that the Scrapper himself could do. with less clutter. Always suggested that gyros should just have a visual effect circling above the Scrapper and be performing a task while NOT being a target or combatant.

> >

> > However, I don't support undoing Hammer nerfs as it's still carrying the specialization too much.

> >

> > I had a couple suggestions to fix Scrapper's bad traits:

> >

> > Scrapper: Decisive Renown - Reviving an ally, stomping a foe, or *using a healing* skill applies Decisive Renown.

> >

> > Scrapper: Impact Savant - The duration of all outgoing CC (Not just stuns and dazes) are increased, and the duration of all incoming CC is reduced. (Fear, Taunt, Knockdown, blowout.)

> >

> > Scrapper: Expert Examination - Disabling (not just stuns and dazes) a Foe applies vulnerability and weakens them.

>

> Like the traits, but i'll have to completely disagree about not reverting the hammer given the world we live in with Chrono's distort/deja vu and Full Counter on SB + X shield Combo. If these are allowed to exist in their current forms then there's no reason why scrapper cannot have 4 seconds on it block + the 3rd leap back on hammer 3 as the effective sustain is pretty comparable.

Dude I don't know what you're talking about, the block was never more than 2 seconds, ever. The nerfs to Hammer were as follows, Rocket Charge from 10s cd to 12s cd. Rocket Charge from 3 leaps to 2 leaps. Shock Shield damage reduced 50%. Hammer is still way better than Rifle/Pistols/Sword/Shield will ever be, due to having the entire elite spec's survival crammed into the weapon. Ideally Scrapper is decent with interchangeable weapons, that's why I'd rather they buff other things than hammer if Scrapper is under par.