Anyone Hoping For A Support Warrior Spec?

MatyrGustav.6210

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really love playing the monk archetype in games. Lightly armored but uses high mobility to reach high survivability. Mix of melee + magic to deal substantial damage while having a good bit of utility, buffing, self healing etc.

I know you're looking to evolve your warrior, but with the amount of endurance regeneration that enables rapid dodging and the mix of melee/casts, this elementalist spec is one of the best fits for the monk archetype I've ever seen. https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/107218/open-world-domination-fire-weaver#latest

> @"felix.2386" said:

> ? why would you ask for support spec when warrior right now is support in all game mode?

> healbreaker in pvp

> boon support in wvw

> banner buffer in pve

Spaming banners is not support, it's a small benefit for teammates and healing with shouts in pvp or wvw is not right healing.. It's only way how to be a bit useful with that much nerfed class when u want to play warrior.

> @"felix.2386" said:

> ? why would you ask for support spec when warrior right now is support in all game mode?

> healbreaker in pvp

> boon support in wvw

> banner buffer in pve

My thoughts, word for word. I can see why people would want a warrior e-spec with a special mechanism that's support oriented but right now one must admit that support is already the main job of the warrior in every gamemode so maybe a support e-spec might lead to a bit to much support.

> @"MatyrGustav.6210" said:

> For aoe Healing. Just what i would personally want

"Healbreaker" already do that, capitalizing on traited shouts.

The viciousness of the core of the support of this build is that it come directly from core warriors which mean that the prospect of adding more on top of the current healing potential is bound to "break" balance (not that the healing support potential is overwhelming, below 1000 HP/s in PvE while around 700 HP/s in competitive, but it come in the form of significant "instant" bursts making it pretty well adapted to GW2 gameplay).

> @"Dadnir.5038" said:

> > @"felix.2386" said:

> > ? why would you ask for support spec when warrior right now is support in all game mode?

> > healbreaker in pvp

> > boon support in wvw

> > banner buffer in pve

>

> My thoughts, word for word. I can see why people would want a warrior e-spec with a special mechanism that's support oriented but right now one must admit that support is already the main job of the warrior in every gamemode so maybe a support e-spec might lead to a bit to much support.

>

> > @"MatyrGustav.6210" said:

> > For aoe Healing. Just what i would personally want

>

> "Healbreaker" already do that, capitalizing on traited shouts.

>

> The viciousness of the core of the support of this build is that it come directly from core warriors which mean that the prospect of adding more on top of the current healing potential is bound to "break" balance (not that the healing support potential is overwhelming, below 1000 HP/s in PvE while around 700 HP/s in competitive, but it come in the form of significant "instant" bursts making it pretty well adapted to GW2 gameplay).

Well you only can equip so many skills. I guess there would just be more options for support build warriors. Also, if its support, it could be a hybrid, meaning not all new abilities are support. For instance if its Monk, that class is already Hybrid.

If its not support, i can see a Corsair type class with pistol.

What Dadnir and a few others are missing is that what is needed is a support oriented MH/2H weapon set to complete the package. Banners as they are now aren't really support, they're just laziness. Real banner support would be for them to have an active flipover to pulse a boon/healing with a CD. Shouts are meh. They are only working now because damage across the board got cut and its the last bastion of hope in organized PvP/WvW play rather than be obsolete.

> @"Lan Deathrider.5910" said:

> What Dadnir and a few others are missing is that what is needed is a support oriented MH/2H weapon set to complete the package. Banners as they are now aren't really support, they're just laziness. Real banner support would be for them to have an active flipover to pulse a boon/healing with a CD. Shouts are meh. They are only working now because damage across the board got cut and its the last bastion of hope in organized PvP/WvW play rather than be obsolete.

No, no, what I'm saying is that there shouldn't be more "healing burst" packed outside utility skills otherwise tactic is gonna make warrior heal imbalanced. In a full heal setup shouts already heal your allies for 3.6k in PvE and 2.4k in competitive, which is good granted that they are instant and on a relatively low CD (20s per ammunition).

On the topic of banner being "laziness", I'd say that they are less "lazy" than the different professions aura that grant raw stats. Raw stat support is probably more significative in the game than boon support or healing support because not every profession can provide such thing. Do not undervalue banner/ extra raw stat points, they allow warrior to break through the limit of support that boons provide and that's invaluable. (Which is mostly why warriors are relegated to being bannerslaves in PvE, it's just to much of an advantage to be ignored)

Thematically I don't see a weapon that would have a "support" skill set (outside of the warhorn) fiting the warrior's thematic.

It's not that I don't see possibilities for the warrior to get a "support" e-spec, but is this what players really want? Do players just want the next e-spec to give the warrior yet another way to be taken as a support when it's already what the warrior is relegated to? Personnally, when I think "warrior", I picture a DPS or a tank but I don't picture a "support". GW2 is the only game I can think of where the "warrior" is relegated to the support role as the primary option.

I'm pretty sure when players made a warrior they didn't intend for it to be a healer.

Leave healing to guardian (virtue of resolve sharing , wings of resolve , mace mainhand), tempest (soothing mist + especially staff), druid (it has a staff that heals + Celestial avatar), scrapper (not really in PVE , but med kit) , revenant (fringe healer on staff + ventari). Wouldn't really count scourge as healing in the traditional sense , more of a barrier spam class.

edit: warrior, like mesmer doesn't need much investment into healing power to benefit due to _Healing Prism_ and _Vigorous Shouts_ respectively. Given the 8s cooldown on burst skills triggering _Soldier's Comfort_, I would say it is less circuitous than _Illusionary Inspiration_ and _Restorative Mantras_ on "support" mesmer.

Keep in mind berserker is a staple in every instanced content group right now. The last thing you want is more nerfs (see banners reduced from +170 groupwide to +100).

I'd like for Warrior to have a proper support-oriented elite specialization, preferably with a mid-range one-hand weapon.

This could be Pistol, Scepter, or ideally Javelin.

However, I don't want mantras as the utility skills.

I never liked them on Mesmer and I didn't like them being put on Guardian.

They could take Elements from GW1's Paragons instead, like the singing aspects, since Warriors and Paragons in GW1 were fairly close to each other.

I feel like a proper support Warrior in GW2 could be closer to Paragons than Guardians could ever hope for.

> @"Dadnir.5038" said:

> > @"Lan Deathrider.5910" said:

> > What Dadnir and a few others are missing is that what is needed is a support oriented MH/2H weapon set to complete the package. Banners as they are now aren't really support, they're just laziness. Real banner support would be for them to have an active flipover to pulse a boon/healing with a CD. Shouts are meh. They are only working now because damage across the board got cut and its the last bastion of hope in organized PvP/WvW play rather than be obsolete.

>

> No, no, what I'm saying is that there shouldn't be more "healing burst" packed outside utility skills otherwise tactic is gonna make warrior heal imbalanced. In a full heal setup shouts already heal your allies for 3.6k in PvE and 2.4k in competitive, which is good granted that they are instant and on a relatively low CD (20s per ammunition).

>

> On the topic of banner being "laziness", I'd say that they are less "lazy" than the different professions aura that grant raw stats. Raw stat support is probably more significative in the game than boon support or healing support because not every profession can provide such thing. Do not undervalue banner/ extra raw stat points, they allow warrior to break through the limit of support that boons provide and that's invaluable. (Which is mostly why warriors are relegated to being bannerslaves in PvE, it's just to much of an advantage to be ignored)

>

> Thematically I don't see a weapon that would have a "support" skill set (outside of the warhorn) fiting the warrior's thematic.

>

> It's not that I don't see possibilities for the warrior to get a "support" e-spec, but is this what players really want? Do players just want the next e-spec to give the warrior yet another way to be taken as a support when it's already what the warrior is relegated to? Personnally, when I think "warrior", I picture a DPS or a tank but I don't picture a "support". GW2 is the only game I can think of where the "warrior" is relegated to the support role as the primary option.

Are we forgetting Berzerker and Spellbreaker? Im not sure if im missing something, especially with Berzerker being high DPS

> @"Infusion.7149" said:

> I'm pretty sure when players made a warrior they didn't intend for it to be a healer.

> Leave healing to guardian (virtue of resolve sharing , wings of resolve , mace mainhand), tempest (soothing mist + especially staff), druid (it has a staff that heals + Celestial avatar), scrapper (not really in PVE , but med kit) , revenant (fringe healer on staff + ventari). Wouldn't really count scourge as healing in the traditional sense , more of a barrier spam class.

>

> edit: warrior, like mesmer doesn't need much investment into healing power to benefit due to _Healing Prism_ and _Vigorous Shouts_ respectively. Given the 8s cooldown on burst skills triggering _Soldier's Comfort_, I would say it is less circuitous than _Illusionary Inspiration_ and _Restorative Mantras_ on "support" mesmer.

> Keep in mind berserker is a staple in every instanced content group right now. The last thing you want is more nerfs (see banners reduced from +170 groupwide to +100).

Soldiers comfort shares the cd of marching orders, 15s.

> @"Dadnir.5038" said:

> > @"Lan Deathrider.5910" said:

> > What Dadnir and a few others are missing is that what is needed is a support oriented MH/2H weapon set to complete the package. Banners as they are now aren't really support, they're just laziness. Real banner support would be for them to have an active flipover to pulse a boon/healing with a CD. Shouts are meh. They are only working now because damage across the board got cut and its the last bastion of hope in organized PvP/WvW play rather than be obsolete.

>

> No, no, what I'm saying is that there shouldn't be more "healing burst" packed outside utility skills otherwise tactic is gonna make warrior heal imbalanced. In a full heal setup shouts already heal your allies for 3.6k in PvE and 2.4k in competitive, which is good granted that they are instant and on a relatively low CD (20s per ammunition).

>

> On the topic of banner being "laziness", I'd say that they are less "lazy" than the different professions aura that grant raw stats. Raw stat support is probably more significative in the game than boon support or healing support because not every profession can provide such thing. Do not undervalue banner/ extra raw stat points, they allow warrior to break through the limit of support that boons provide and that's invaluable. (Which is mostly why warriors are relegated to being bannerslaves in PvE, it's just to much of an advantage to be ignored)

>

> Thematically I don't see a weapon that would have a "support" skill set (outside of the warhorn) fiting the warrior's thematic.

>

> It's not that I don't see possibilities for the warrior to get a "support" e-spec, but is this what players really want? Do players just want the next e-spec to give the warrior yet another way to be taken as a support when it's already what the warrior is relegated to? Personnally, when I think "warrior", I picture a DPS or a tank but I don't picture a "support". GW2 is the only game I can think of where the "warrior" is relegated to the support role as the primary option.

My vision of support on Warrior is to lay down fields from elemental cartridges from a pistol, and blast them with traits that augment blast finishers. F2 skills based off of the OH weapon, with secondary ones for 2 handers.

Definitely doable and within theme of the warrior, especially given that we had traits before that augmented finishers.

I would settle for any good build, right now all warrior builds are subpar to something else.

-Used to be warrior was the might stacker, now everybody and their uncle can stack might.

-Used to be Banners were a significant buff, long gone are those days, banner now provide a next to neglishibe buff.

-Our healing sucs and can be done better by a number of other classes.

-Have no access to any other boons for buffing others (no you cant keep fury up 100%).

What can we do? DPS, what can every other class in the game do DPS.

Warrior mechanics are outdated, from the Rooting in place Hundred Blades to the current clunkiness of the Berserker intermittently blocking the main class mechanic.

> @"felix.2386" said:

> healbreaker in pvp

> boon support in wvw

> banner buffer in pve

I think the idea is to put the support obligations on one elite speck so the other elite specs get their design idea to work and not be hodgepodge of everything while doing nothing good. Basically what is almost there with necro.

> @"Vancho.8750" said:

> > @"felix.2386" said:

> > ? why would you ask for support spec when warrior right now is support in all game mode?

> > healbreaker in pvp

> > boon support in wvw

> > banner buffer in pve

> I think the idea is to put the support obligations on one elite speck so the other elite specs get their design idea to work and not be hodgepodge of everything while doing nothing good. Basically what is almost there with necro.

It's more that some of us want Warrior to actually be good at the one think that hasn't (yet) been nerfed to hell and beyond.

> @"MatyrGustav.6210" said:

> Are we forgetting Berzerker and Spellbreaker? Im not sure if im missing something, especially with Berzerker being high DPS

We aren't, both e-spec are favored as support. Berzerker isn't especially high on the DPS side. It's the curse of the warrior, it's support often feel mandatory while it's DPS side is average at best even if the e-specs look and sound like asskickers.

> @"Dadnir.5038" said:

> > @"MatyrGustav.6210" said:

> > Are we forgetting Berzerker and Spellbreaker? Im not sure if im missing something, especially with Berzerker being high DPS

>

> We aren't, both e-spec are favored as support. Berzerker isn't especially high on the DPS side. It's the curse of the warrior, it's support often feel mandatory while it's DPS side is average at best even if the e-specs look and sound like asskickers.

Possibly Berserker DPS increase is needed instead of another full DPS spec?