Anyone Hoping For A Support Warrior Spec?

MatyrGustav.6210

> @"MatyrGustav.6210" said:

> > @"Dadnir.5038" said:

> > > @"MatyrGustav.6210" said:

> > > Are we forgetting Berzerker and Spellbreaker? Im not sure if im missing something, especially with Berzerker being high DPS

> >

> > We aren't, both e-spec are favored as support. Berzerker isn't especially high on the DPS side. It's the curse of the warrior, it's support often feel mandatory while it's DPS side is average at best even if the e-specs look and sound like asskickers.

>

> Possibly Berserker DPS increase is needed instead of another full DPS spec?

They just need to get rid of the -300 toughness and add on damage to CCs via a trait. Some other changes are needed, but those two would go a long way.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Lan Deathrider.5910" said:

> > @"MatyrGustav.6210" said:

> > > @"Dadnir.5038" said:

> > > > @"MatyrGustav.6210" said:

> > > > Are we forgetting Berzerker and Spellbreaker? Im not sure if im missing something, especially with Berzerker being high DPS

> > >

> > > We aren't, both e-spec are favored as support. Berzerker isn't especially high on the DPS side. It's the curse of the warrior, it's support often feel mandatory while it's DPS side is average at best even if the e-specs look and sound like asskickers.

> >

> > Possibly Berserker DPS increase is needed instead of another full DPS spec?

>

> They just need to get rid of the -300 toughness and add on damage to CCs via a trait. Some other changes are needed, but those two would go a long way.

I don't want to be mean but freeing the warrior from it's support image is a lot more complicated than that. Fact is that warrior isn't better if he don't grant support to it's team (sometime he is even worse) and changing this fact is what is difficult because the warrior's support directly increase it's own power.

> @"Dadnir.5038" said:

> > @"Lan Deathrider.5910" said:

> > > @"MatyrGustav.6210" said:

> > > > @"Dadnir.5038" said:

> > > > > @"MatyrGustav.6210" said:

> > > > > Are we forgetting Berzerker and Spellbreaker? Im not sure if im missing something, especially with Berzerker being high DPS

> > > >

> > > > We aren't, both e-spec are favored as support. Berzerker isn't especially high on the DPS side. It's the curse of the warrior, it's support often feel mandatory while it's DPS side is average at best even if the e-specs look and sound like asskickers.

> > >

> > > Possibly Berserker DPS increase is needed instead of another full DPS spec?

> >

> > They just need to get rid of the -300 toughness and add on damage to CCs via a trait. Some other changes are needed, but those two would go a long way.

>

> I don't want to be mean but freeing the warrior from it's support image is a lot more complicated than that. Fact is that warrior isn't better if he don't grant support to it's team (sometime he is even worse) and changing this fact is what is difficult because the warrior's support directly increase it's own power.

Berserker's problem is they hurt it's defense so that it cannot live long enough to use its own DPS. Get rid of extra drawback and you'd see it perform better in competitive play. It needs more than that certainly, but it would be the first step.

> @"Morokey.8534" said:

> > @"felix.2386" said:

> > ? why would you ask for support spec when warrior right now is support in all game mode?

> > healbreaker in pvp

> > boon support in wvw

> > banner buffer in pve

>

> Spaming banners is not support, it's a small benefit for teammates and healing with shouts in pvp or wvw is not right healing.. It's only way how to be a bit useful with that much nerfed class when u want to play warrior.

small benefit? banner literally made warrior in pve. you can remove warrior and keep banner and banner would still be meta.

and healing with shout is currently the best heal in pvp

and wvw is full on support

> Berserker's problem is they hurt it's defense so that it cannot live long enough to use its own DPS. Get rid of extra drawback and you'd see it perform better in competitive play. It needs more than that certainly, but it would be the first step.

I might be wrong but I don't think the drawback is the main factor holding back _berserker_. It might contribute but even without this drawback berserker don't get especially impressive performances. The whole berserker mechanism is to cluncky and, ironically, unnecessarily complicated for what it does.

Going back on the subject of support, The warrior's support being "offensive" blurr the lines (in term of personal performances) between DPS builds and support builds leading to warrior's support builds being superior in a group setup (since they give "more" to their allies) to dps builds (and that's true for all e-specs). My argument was that it would be exceedingly difficult for ANet to move out of this statu quo (it would also deeply hurt the warrior's dynamic and I doubt players would be happy with the result).

I dunno if warrior need support spec. What warrior need right now is some big changes like how some weapon works, trait, skills and elite specs.

Berserker got gutted too much on damage (talking about PvP and WvW wise).

Spellbreaker also become bubble bot, previously still can dish out damage but february patch nerf all the CC damage to basically nothing.

I don't know like... Necro and Guardian could leave a well, spirit weapon, and trap to get some extra damage, Warrior is just mostly weapon skill because the other utility skill is mostly buff and not so much significant damage.

> @"DKRathalos.9625" said:

> I dunno if warrior need support spec. What warrior need right now is some big changes like how some weapon works, trait, skills and elite specs.

> Berserker got gutted too much on damage (talking about PvP and WvW wise).

> Spellbreaker also become bubble bot, previously still can dish out damage but february patch nerf all the CC damage to basically nothing.

>

> I don't know like... Necro and Guardian could leave a well, spirit weapon, and trap to get some extra damage, Warrior is just mostly weapon skill because the other utility skill is mostly buff and not so much significant damage.

It seems like no one is satisfied with the Berzerker & Spellbreaker damage output and asking for the 3rd spec to fix the problem. A new Spec that does higher damage than Berzerker wouldnt seem right since its called a Berzerker. Wouldnt it be best if Anet fixed the two specs, or Dps of the berzerker first? At that point would you feel like the 3rd spec needs to still be DPS? Or a proper role that's different than the other specs?

The 3rd spec won't fix the problem with basic weapon skill like GS 100B, Sword Burst and 3, Mace autoattack speed.

Many people also said that fast hand should be warrior's base line, not to mention the 300secs CD on defense trait which anet haven't fix yet. They still placeholding it.

After fixing Berserker and Spellbreaker, 3rd support spec could be DPS but provide boon party or something, because berserker and spellbreaker is already quite selfish if I may say.

> @"MatyrGustav.6210" said:

> > @"DKRathalos.9625" said:

> > I dunno if warrior need support spec. What warrior need right now is some big changes like how some weapon works, trait, skills and elite specs.

> > Berserker got gutted too much on damage (talking about PvP and WvW wise).

> > Spellbreaker also become bubble bot, previously still can dish out damage but february patch nerf all the CC damage to basically nothing.

> >

> > I don't know like... Necro and Guardian could leave a well, spirit weapon, and trap to get some extra damage, Warrior is just mostly weapon skill because the other utility skill is mostly buff and not so much significant damage.

>

> It seems like no one is satisfied with the Berzerker & Spellbreaker damage output and asking for the 3rd spec to fix the problem. A new Spec that does higher damage than Berzerker wouldnt seem right since its called a Berzerker. Wouldnt it be best if Anet fixed the two specs, or Dps of the berzerker first? At that point would you feel like the 3rd spec needs to still be DPS? Or a proper role that's different than the other specs?

Before EoD comes out there will be a prepatch that changes the existing specs in such a way as to further define the new espec. I suspect that Berserker and Spellbreaker will see large changes sometime between February of next year and EoD release.

> Before EoD comes out there will be a prepatch that changes the existing specs in such a way as to further define the new espec. I suspect that Berserker and Spellbreaker will see large changes sometime between February of next year and EoD release.

Well those changes better be good, because warrior is in really bad spot right now for PvP and WvW. PvE only meh level too.

>

> Before EoD comes out there will be a prepatch that changes the existing specs in such a way as to further define the new espec. I suspect that Berserker and Spellbreaker will see large changes sometime between February of next year and EoD release.

Ok, awesome, i will be looking forward to that. Change is good, especially for Warrior. :)

There has been no such announced nor any kind of hint that such a patch is guaranteed to happen.

For all we know so far, there might actually **not** be such a patch before EoD hits.

And even if it does, there is no guarantee it will be positive for warriors in any way.

> @"Psycoprophet.8107" said:

> Well considering warriors current meta build is a heal support build ima gonna say no, warrior doesn't really need 2 heal/support builds but what it does need are builds that again make the class feel like it's a warrior class and maybe a espec that does the same, just my opinion.

You still don't get it do you, a support elite means that the support parts of warrior get shifted there so every elite will be in their own lane doing their own thing like Reaper became Full Power build.

> @"Fueki.4753" said:

> > @"Lan Deathrider.5910" said:

> > Before EoD comes out there will be a prepatch that changes the existing specs in such a way as to further define the new espec. I suspect that Berserker and Spellbreaker will see large changes sometime between February of next year and EoD release.

>

> There has been no such announced nor any kind of hint that such a patch is guaranteed to happen.

> For all we know so far, there might actually **not** be such a patch before EoD hits.

> And even if it does, there is no guarantee it will be positive for warriors in any way.

>

I'm going off of history here. Whatever the next big balance patch is, will most likely be the pre patch balance.

> @"Vancho.8750" said:

> > @"Psycoprophet.8107" said:

> > Well considering warriors current meta build is a heal support build ima gonna say no, warrior doesn't really need 2 heal/support builds but what it does need are builds that again make the class feel like it's a warrior class and maybe a espec that does the same, just my opinion.

> You still don't get it do you, a support elite means that the support parts of warrior get shifted there so every elite will be in their own lane doing their own thing like Reaper became Full Power build.

Hahaha naw u dont get it, this is Anet so warrior would just end up with one support spec viable or not pending and the heal build it has now while other builds like now will be left as garbage. It's like u havent seen how anet works, or doesnt lol

> @"YuiRS.8129" said:

> No. Warrior is already a support class.

Core warrior support options are banners and Traited Healing Shouts. Everything else is not support. Most classes have support options too.

Core warrior has defense, offense, and support builds and anything in-between.

Warrior has Spellbreaker, a Defensive Espec & Berserker, an Offensive Espec. Defense and Offense has their Espec, why can't Support have an Espec?

We would just need a Warrior / Berzerker Patch to make other builds viable

> @"Tycura.1982" said:

> I use to think a support war would be fun but then it became meta in PvP. I realized its not fun.

How about a spec that is Defense+Strength on steroids then?

OP crap like:

Might gives you 1% damage reduction per stack.

Gain Retaliation when you hit with a Burst Attack, 4s no ICD.

Apply immobilize when you CC someone. 15s CD.

When you hit with a Burst attack damage foes near you target for 4000 damage, blind them for 2s and if they are above 90% health inflict a 0.25s daze (/s not /s)

Gain Retaliation when you evade an attack (2s)

Retaliation gives you 10% more damage.

You know, just some of the crazy shite that other classes get but we don't.

> @"Infusion.7149" said:

> I'm pretty sure when players made a warrior they didn't intend for it to be a healer.

> Leave healing to guardian (virtue of resolve sharing , wings of resolve , mace mainhand), tempest (soothing mist + especially staff), druid (it has a staff that heals + Celestial avatar), scrapper (not really in PVE , but med kit) , revenant (fringe healer on staff + ventari). Wouldn't really count scourge as healing in the traditional sense , more of a barrier spam class.

One does wonder how many people rolled ranger before we started getting HoT reveal expecting druid.

There's also the potential for it to be a 'commander' type setup rather than a healer per se, focusing on boons and other buffs rather than straight healing. Could be risky from a PvE balance perspective, though, since it's probably not desirable to have people deciding that _two_ warriors are a requirement in raid groups, one for banners and one for other support.