Does Cold Shoulder apply to Condi damage as well?

Al Masone.1274

Title, cause that's my question and I didn't want to accidentally make a "bait" thread.

I ask because as of lately I've seen that burning can deal quite a lot of damage with just a few stacks, thanks to reaper's onslaught that speeds up its application. So I wanted to try and dip a bit more into condi damage, but first I wanted to know if Cold shoulder applies to condition damage as well as direct damage, since it would make Fear, with the trait that makes it deal damage, rather appealing as well.

To be clear, I ask mainly from a pvp/wvw perspective. I'm pretty sure that in pve a full zerk is still the go to...

It would be specified "condition damage" if it was the case. You can see an example of a trait that improve both damage and condition damage on tempest: _transcendant tempest_. This trait clearly specify which damages are increased.

There is also _Twice as vicious_ on soulbeast (and probably other traits but I think it's already sufficient enough as examples).

> @"Al Masone.1274" said:

> Thanks.

> So I guess that's one more reason not to play condi reaper

Well, you can also see things the other way, the fact that we are in a power meta in which players are more likely to encounter power reaper is a good opportunity to play condi reaper and catch them off-guard. As for PvE, condi reaper flirt with the 30k dps potential so it's not a bad option.

> @"Dadnir.5038" said:

> > @"Al Masone.1274" said:

> > Thanks.

> > So I guess that's one more reason not to play condi reaper

>

> Well, you can also see things the other way, the fact that we are in a power meta in which players are more likely to encounter power reaper is a good opportunity to play condi reaper and catch them off-guard. As for PvE, condi reaper flirt with the 30k dps potential so it's not a bad option.

Do you have any builds to suggest? Though I'm not a fan of a pure condi reaper, I would like a version where you can combine direct hits with some condi damage (think about the Death Knight in wow, for instance), but I can't find anything. I would even try a pure condi build out of curiosity.

But to get it out of the way already, please don't give me "open world builds", cause there everything works and it's not a relevant ground for builds. (I don't mean to sound rude, it's just that I'm discovering that an awful lot of people take open world so seriously that they make dedicated builds...)

> @"Dadnir.5038" said:

> Honnestly, just take the sPvP core meta build and swap blood magic with reaper.

Correct. And this is also a nice showcase why condi reaper does not work at higher ranks. It is more melee reliant than core (easy to kite), has a lot less sustain (no blood magic, higher shroud degeneration) and deals only a tiny bit more damage than core.