What is good MM build for soloing Open World Champions and Group Events ?

baxyp.2495

Basically what the title says . Just boosted a necro and doing HOT and POF story and maps exploration. I want to try to solo whenever its possible especially the HOT hero challenges. Right now am using Staff+ Scepter/Dagger DM-BM-SR with some rabid gear and to be honest i like it - its simple and no gimmick mechanics :) On the other hand started to wonder is there a way to improve it a bit like what is the most optimal gear ? Power based ? Condition ? Something with both like Vipers ? Which Runes and Sigils ?

Suggestions ? :) Thanks in advance ! :)

> @baxyp.2495 said:

> Basically what the title says . Just boosted a necro and doing HOT and POF story and maps exploration. I want to try to solo whenever its possible especially the HOT hero challenges. Right now am using Staff+ Scepter/Dagger DM-BM-SR with some rabid gear and to be honest i like it - its simple and no gimmick mechanics :) On the other hand started to wonder is there a way to improve it a bit like what is the most optimal gear ? Power based ? Condition ? Something with both like Vipers ? Which Runes and Sigils ?

> Suggestions ? :) Thanks in advance ! :)

[This](http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNAR7YnM0Adbit1Ae3A83gliBLKAMA6Wx7wgYSU6DECOaA-jRyCQBT4iAcQ1funuhZs/wFVOBgjAQLVC6MlM28BAAA-e) could be the build you are looking for.

You basically gain damage and health on condition damage with Curses, damage mitigation with Death Magic and Reaper to improve your performances.

-Health generation: Blood Fiend, Soul Eater when wielding a Greatsword and Parasitic Contagion when dealing condition damage

-Power damage reduction: toughness (+180 when in shroud, +20 for every minion, +300 with Corrupter's Fervor max stack), [shambling Horror's effect](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Dark_Bond) and protection on Shroud's exit.

-"free" Condition damage: you transfer your conditions back to foes via minions with Necromantic Corruption, Deathly Swarm and then spread it with Epidemic

Corrupter's Fervor also lower the condition damage you're suffering.

Kill things on Greatsword once you get the 25th corruption stack from scepter's set to lower your CDs with Alacrity.

Craft Traiblazer over Viper if you are interested on WvW

> @Vitali.5039 said:

> > @baxyp.2495 said:

> > Basically what the title says . Just boosted a necro and doing HOT and POF story and maps exploration. I want to try to solo whenever its possible especially the HOT hero challenges. Right now am using Staff+ Scepter/Dagger DM-BM-SR with some rabid gear and to be honest i like it - its simple and no gimmick mechanics :) On the other hand started to wonder is there a way to improve it a bit like what is the most optimal gear ? Power based ? Condition ? Something with both like Vipers ? Which Runes and Sigils ?

> > Suggestions ? :) Thanks in advance ! :)

>

> [This](http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNAR7YnM0Adbit1Ae3A83gliBLKAMA6Wx7wgYSU6DECOaA-jRyCQBT4iAcQ1funuhZs/wFVOBgjAQLVC6MlM28BAAA-e) could be the build you are looking for.

>

> You basically gain damage and health on condition damage with Curses, damage mitigation with Death Magic and Reaper to improve your performances.

>

> -Health generation: Blood Fiend, Soul Eater when wielding a Greatsword and Parasitic Contagion when dealing condition damage

> -Power damage reduction: toughness (+180 when in shroud, +20 for every minion, +300 with Corrupter's Fervor max stack), [shambling Horror's effect](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Dark_Bond) and protection on Shroud's exit.

> -"free" Condition damage: you transfer your conditions back to foes via minions with Necromantic Corruption, Deathly Swarm and then spread it with Epidemic

>

> Corrupter's Fervor also lower the condition damage you're suffering.

> Kill things on Greatsword once you get the 25th corruption stack from scepter's set to lower your CDs with Alacrity.

> Craft Traiblazer over Viper if you are interested on WvW

>

I'll try this tomorrow, I switched to Condi Reaper and found my self getting murdered after being a god in open world as Power, I was using Blood instead of Death Magic though and I didn't realize Minions helped deal that much Condi damage by transfering them off you so basically that MM trait is basically Dagger 4 except it's on 100% of the time.

Hopefully no one would give me grief about this in Fractals.

In open world, I would not recommend going condi MM. Takes too bloody long to kill stuff. When I want to open world, included soloing champs and whatnot, I go pure power (zerk + scholar). Then use axe/horn + dagger/horn (though i swap out either axe or dagger depending on mood and use gs. axe is used for range though for champs). for traits: Blood 231 (or 233), death 111 reaper 221

This will give you speed when you had dagger equipped. It also lets you spread more aoe chill when mobs die, which grants more LF, which blighter's boon lets you generate more of (with added bonus of health). With death line, you shrug off conditions easily, especially nice in pof zones and against champs. alot of LF generation, so you have shroud to wade more often, or as a oh-kitten button. This also works great in fractals if your on a team having a rough time with condis or in general. Enough break-bar dmg to take on most champs, etc. The Blood line with minions throws out alot of healing. I use force + air on axe/wh and force on dagger.

If you want to go nuts with minions, roll with Blood field (heal), Well of Suffering, bone minions, rise, golem. I use that when i want more healing (through blood line), more condi clear and just being lazy. Or i swap out minions for SoS for more personal damage.

You can (and I usually do) drop death for spite for more personal damage, though you start to fall more into the realm of power reaper more than MM then. You lose survivability for dps increase, but this makes it a little tricker/touch-n-go for some world bosses compare to the MM build above that you can solo almost every HoT champ and PoF champ, minus the bounty ones.