Nerfs the ranger class as a whole needs, please Anet.

anduriell.6280

> @"Sylvia.4870" said:

> > @"Arheundel.6451" said:

> >

> > He plays necro now so.....he'll ask for nerfs on anything that soft couter his new main....so if you're **a thief or ranger** get ready to be bombarded with nerf threads by @"anduriell.6280" .

>

> lol Oh dear.

I don't know where those wild speculations are coming from.. lol

Core Ranger fails at condi builds

Core Ranger power builds were over-nerfed and can no longer compete in higher tiers unless it is vs. very specifically power damage

Druid is bad unless you're playing in middle tiers

Druid is only "looking to be viable" because of Jacaranda

Condi Soulbeast is atrociously bad and in no way viable

Power Soulbeast is still viable amongst high tier, but it literally takes "the most experienced Ranger players in the community" to be able to even make it work

Ranger/Druid/Soulbeast is middle tier amongst everything else at best right now in this current patching. Ranger/Druid/Soulbeast has always felt strong in middle tiers due to middle tier players not understanding how to work LOS and how to exploit bad pet pathing, which is what most of you are probably feeling. Ranger/Druid/Soulbeast in higher tiers is just really really difficult to play. It couldn't sustain anymore nerfing in this current patching without dropping out of the scene completely, and that isn't bias, that is actually true.

The only thing that SHOULD be tended to is Druid immob spam builds. <- This has nothing to do with OP or UP, it's about obnoxious mechanics. The real root of the problem is the Jacaranda. Jacaranda is the icing on the cake of these builds that puts them over the top in terms of frequency of immob spam, and ability to deal a lot of damage while the player is caught in the immob spam. That damage coming from Call Lightning. If it weren't for the Call Lightning, I assure you that Druid has bad damage.

> @"Trevor Boyer.6524" said:

> Core Ranger fails at condi builds

> Core Ranger power builds were over-nerfed and can no longer compete in higher tiers unless it is vs. very specifically power damage

>

> Druid is bad unless you're playing in middle tiers

> Druid is only "looking to be viable" because of Jacaranda

>

> Condi Soulbeast is atrociously bad and in no way viable

> Power Soulbeast is still viable amongst high tier, but it literally takes "the most experienced Ranger players in the community" to be able to even make it work

>

>

> Ranger/Druid/Soulbeast is middle tier amongst everything else at best right now in this current patching. Ranger/Druid/Soulbeast has always felt strong in middle tiers due to middle tier players not understanding how to work LOS and how to exploit bad pet pathing, which is what most of you are probably feeling. Ranger/Druid/Soulbeast in higher tiers is just really really difficult to play. It couldn't sustain anymore nerfing in this current patching without dropping out of the scene completely, and that isn't bias, that is actually true.

>

> The only thing that SHOULD be tended to is Druid immob spam builds. <- This has nothing to do with OP or UP, it's about obnoxious mechanics. The real root of the problem is the Jacaranda. Jacaranda is the icing on the cake of these builds that puts them over the top in terms of frequency of immob spam, and ability to deal a lot of damage while the player is caught in the immob spam. That damage coming from Call Lightning. If it weren't for the Call Lightning, I assure you that Druid has bad damage.

Per the usual, the problem still is a split in gameplay from sPvP and WvW. It's not as good as guard on-node and longbow can't function well while engaged in melee.

That said, anyone claiming soulbeast of any kind is even remotely balanced right now in WvW where it can leverage its entire kit in open-space fights with a more diverse set of gear options is absolutely full of crap. Bruiser longbow Soulbeast + Minstrel ele is literally the S+ tier combo in everything outside of ZvZ and can pretty much indefinitely tank any group of less than 10 while having enough kill pressure on the soulbeast to take targets down one at a time. The damage is still there even on a build meant mostly to sustain by sheer unconditional modifiers, raw stats, and innate damage potential.

Even with only like 100 hours on condi soulbeast I frequently win 1v2/1v3 and it's my go-to class to roam on when I start losing and needing a free carry, well past a cut above 6k hours on thief and another 1.5k on my Dia+ level Reaper that I used to coach people on how to play...

So yeah, maybe not top tier in sPvP but WvW-specific nerfs being requested are absolutely justified.

> @"DeceiverX.8361" said:

> Even with only like 100 hours on condi soulbeast I frequently win 1v2/1v3 and it's my go-to class to roam on when I start losing and needing a free carry, well past a cut above 6k hours on thief and another 1.5k on my Dia+ level Reaper that I used to coach people on how to play...

>

> So yeah, maybe not top tier in sPvP but WvW-specific nerfs being requested are absolutely justified.

Just saying using the win rate in WvW is not a clear pointer a build or class is op, most of the peeps you can find in there are PvE players doing the transition to PvP. In other words is not like you can find there the top experienced players.

> @"anduriell.6280" said:

>

> > @"DeceiverX.8361" said:

> > Even with only like 100 hours on condi soulbeast I frequently win 1v2/1v3 and it's my go-to class to roam on when I start losing and needing a free carry, well past a cut above 6k hours on thief and another 1.5k on my Dia+ level Reaper that I used to coach people on how to play...

> >

> > So yeah, maybe not top tier in sPvP but WvW-specific nerfs being requested are absolutely justified.

>

> Just saying using the win rate in WvW is not a clear pointer a build or class is op, most of the peeps you can find in there are PvE players doing the transition to PvP. In other words is not like you can find there the top experienced players.

Trying to make a universal claim that a lot of wvw players are in that mode "because they are transitioning to pvp" is as random as it is false.

> @"anduriell.6280" said:

> Just saying using the win rate in WvW is not a clear pointer a build or class is op, most of the peeps you can find in there are PvE players doing the transition to PvP. In other words is not like you can find there the top experienced players.

Wholeheartedly disagree with this statement.

I play WvW because I hate PvP amulets, I like Group v Group fights and I like the whole "battlefield" objective based gamemode.

PvP is just a cesspool which yu are thrown in with static objectives which force players to fight over, with stifled build options thanks to nerfs and amulets.

PvP yuck.

There's a reason why Renegade isn't GGOP in WvW despite having a better overall performance, and there aren't dumb nerfs and amulets choking out builds in WvW and there are a variety of builds that can put down GGOP builds in WvW.

Any gamemode which limits the player build wise is disgusting in my opinion.

• 3 weeks later...

Nonconstructive Post . Nothing else need to be said. How many years now and we still got these people running around asking for nerfs on classes that they got pawned hard by. Just go to forum of any class, you can see "nerf guards", "nerf weaver", "nerf mesmer", etc... apparently definition of "OP" is "i got pawned and it hurts so bad". Should rangers ask nerfs to elem, mesmers, and guardians for spamming reflects all the time in groups?

> @"quaniesan.8497" said:

> Should rangers ask nerfs to elem, mesmers, and guardians for spamming reflects all the time in groups?

I mean... it **would** be interesting if reflects had a "quantity reflected" mechanic rather than refelct uptime duration... you know exactly how unblockable works now.

xD

> @"Aridon.8362" said:

> As a warrior I eat a lot of rangers for breakfast. Nice try though.

It's not really an amazing feat I'd say to beat ranger at this point, with all the nerfs the class has received and how easy is to negate most of their dmg with reflect/dodge and side strifes to avoid pets, ofc there are still those who die to a ranger and cry wolf ....like some players using that **bot class Necro** and in WvW to boot out of all places.

I can't remember the last time I lost to a ranger whether it be PvP or WvW, must have been like 1 year or more when boonbeast was a thing and soulbeast had pet swap, after that the conditions to lose to a ranger are :

A ) You play a bot class like necro where you switch off your brain and F1 to glory so...people get used to never dodge and such

B ) You are a new player