WIntersday questions.

I was wondering if somoene could help me wit a few...

The Snowflake Exchange vendor. I have some of the items that i can exchange for Snowflakes. Should i do it?

Or do i need those for something else and should leave them?

Unless those are from previous wintersdays and i can't use them on this one?

Is Giver's recipes worth getting?

And Bringer's? And runes?

What's with the minor runes and sigils? Is this for like, getting tons of them and then throwing in the mystic forge in hopes of better ones? Since they're cheap and all?

How do i unlock sparkling weapons? I thinki saw a vendor with wrapped weapons but i can't find him anymore. I presume i need a wrapped weapon first?

How much gold total in materials is the Winter's presence achievement (to get the infusion)?

What is the Watchwork portal device for? And is it one time thing or an item i can use constantly?

And lastly? What's good to get on Wintersday besides Star of Gratitude? I'm already on that one. :smile:

Thank you!

I'm a Completionist and therefore I got all the available items to unlock for my account - I recommend it. Start with those you are most interested in.

The only other thing you need Snowflakes for is Guild Hall decoration.

> How do i unlock sparkling weapons?

By getting the regular ones every three days from completing the daily meta achievment.

> What is the Watchwork portal device for?

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Watchwork_Portal_Device

> Winter's presence

...is not an infusion but a shoulder skin.

And don't miss the two Secret Lair of the Snowmen achievements. They have been moved from the Wintersday category last year. :/

> @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> I'm a Completionist and therefore I got all the available items to unlock for my account - I recommend it. Start with those you are most interested in.

>

> The only other thing you need Snowflakes for is Guild Hall decoration.

>

> > How do i unlock sparkling weapons?

>

> By getting the regular ones every three days from completing the daily meta achievment.

>

> > What is the Watchwork portal device for?

>

> https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Watchwork_Portal_Device

>

> > Winter's presence

>

> ...is not an infusion but a shoulder skin.

>

> And don't miss the two Secret Lair of the Snowmen achievements. They have been moved from the Wintersday category last year. :/

Ah, so normal wrapped weapons are dailies. Cool.

If other snowflakes are just for guild decoration, then i'll exchange them thanks.

And i saw the wiki but i still don't understand what that's for?

ANd you're right, i checked again, its' a shoulder skin. Cool. :)

> @"Veprovina.4876" said:

> If other snowflakes are just for guild decoration, then i'll exchange them thanks.

Uhm, you might want to wait. I don't recall if you don't need some for the shoulder skin or the special minis that you can craft. Best to check the Wiki.

> And i saw the wiki but i still don't understand what that's for?

See skill description: you create a portal entry and exit, like a Mesmer, for instance.

> @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > @"Veprovina.4876" said:

> > If other snowflakes are just for guild decoration, then i'll exchange them thanks.

>

> Uhm, you might want to wait. I don't recall if you don't need some for the shoulder skin or the special minis that you can craft. Best to check the Wiki.

>

> > And i saw the wiki but i still don't understand what that's for?

>

> See skill description: you create a portal entry and exit, like a Mesmer, for instance.

I already checked, i can just consume them for snowflakes, or trade them to the vendor for more snowflakes. All the shoulder skins require normal snowflakes and sigils made from normal snowflakes which costs 183975682756827456 gold in total so i'm not doing that. The skin is not that interesting.

Ok, cool, so i can create a portal. Can i use that portal for jumping puzzles or something? Kinda like that rewinder thing for volatile magic?

And is it a one time use? Because if it is, it's pretty useless. Especially since i already play mesmer and have a portal whenever i want lol. :tongue:

> @"Thandaer.8105" said:

>

> > And is it a one time use? Because if it is, it's pretty useless. Especially since i already play mesmer and have a portal whenever i want lol. :tongue:

>

> Yes, it is one time thing. Not everybody is a mesmer tho :P

Ah thanks. :)

Yeah I know I other classes dont have portals Haha, I was just wondering if it would be useful to me in any way. But if it's just a one use, I'll stick to my own portal and let other people buy that if they need to. :)