Something I am not understanding.

Daedalus Palamaon.8934

The PUG mentality ... is a fickle thing.. Like sheep they all run together towards anything that either has high boon/healing support or high dps numbers.. If It aint top..they believe the rest is full trash.

But a lass.. it's the classic.. why take someone who can do 20k dps when someone can do 30k dps and get the fights done sooner.

(Edit: But it's even funnier when builds go out saying x DPS.. and everyone thinks yer.. everyone can do those numbers.. when in reality.. the average player does half that haha)

> @Oldirtbeard.9834 said:

> > @"Daedalus Palamaon.8934" said:

> > > @Deadvillager.1956 said:

> > > It is an imaginary safety net against unsuccessful runs.

> >

> > Quoted for truth. I came from WoW and have no idea why people are treating GW2 like WoW..... it just upsets me I can’t go swoooosh swoooosh in reaper form for a raid :(

>

> I went back to WoW and I'm happy my Blood DK is welcomed for a change, I was so happy I spent money in the cash shop because that's how you get people to spend money, you know making them happy playing what they want.

i would be still playing WoW if it would not be sooo outdated...... i LOVE the demon hunter and Affliction lock in Legion....

but i hate how Useless 80% of the Wow HUGE world is because only the newest expansion matters.... also character costumazion is ugh...

i played WoW since tbc....

Since GW2 and Eso i just cant look at wow anymore....... its not even the art style... i love wows art style... but the game as a whole....

Blizz has the money and man power to literaly redesign the entire world and implement it with bunch of new mechanics and gameplay.... i have no idea why they not doing it...

Right now wow has the BIGEST amount of Wasted content ever....

> @Zoltreez.6435 said:

> > @Oldirtbeard.9834 said:

> > > @"Daedalus Palamaon.8934" said:

> > > > @Deadvillager.1956 said:

> > > > It is an imaginary safety net against unsuccessful runs.

> > >

> > > Quoted for truth. I came from WoW and have no idea why people are treating GW2 like WoW..... it just upsets me I can’t go swoooosh swoooosh in reaper form for a raid :(

> >

> > I went back to WoW and I'm happy my Blood DK is welcomed for a change, I was so happy I spent money in the cash shop because that's how you get people to spend money, you know making them happy playing what they want.

>

> i would be still playing WoW if it would not be sooo outdated...... i LOVE the demon hunter and Affliction lock in Legion....

> but i hate how Useless 80% of the Wow HUGE world is because only the newest expansion matters.... also character costumazion is ugh...

> i played WoW since tbc....

>

> Since GW2 and Eso i just cant look at wow anymore....... its not even the art style... i love wows art style... but the game as a whole....

> Blizz has the money and man power to literaly redesign the entire world and implement it with bunch of new mechanics and gameplay.... i have no idea why they not doing it...

>

> Right now wow has the BIGEST amount of Wasted content ever....

I agree, WoW should make all zones lvl agnostic and make zone wide events like Rift with their invasions, imagine how awesome it would be to have the Legion drop an invasion in Tiristfall for example.

This is something GW2 could do as well, create zone wide invasions that form organically instead of on timers like HoT, you could even have them appear randomly but have a game wide announcement so people would jump all over to find the 3 or so Dragon spawn invasions popping up.

> @Maunzi.3764 said:

> It's less anti-vaxx, because the difference is both huge and objectively measurable. A better comparison would be that the average GW2 person is someone that doesn't donate to charity. Bringing a necro along at the moment is exactly that: Charity. It costs the group time and possible raid clears, because the added speed from other classes makes the runs that much smoother, while the necro's survivability doesn't do a thing. When Gorseval uses a certain attack, and the group doesn't want to do updrafts, survivability is pointless, what matters is high enough DPS. When people want to skip a certain part of KCs mechanics, again DPS matters, not survivability. Sabetha gets much easier with good DPS, trio does, Sloth does, VG does, Samarog does, Cairn does, Daimos does, Xera does.

Interesting points. I wonder if making the boss Invulnerable during that time period where DPS can "skip" a mechanic would make Necromancers more viable as you are forcing players into the updraft situation (where survivability is more of a thing) and DPS doesn't matter since you are going to hit that phase anyway.

That actually seems like an awesome fix (just give them invul to do that phase and then after you dps as per normal)

> @Oldirtbeard.9834 said:

> > @Zoltreez.6435 said:

> > > @Oldirtbeard.9834 said:

> > > > @"Daedalus Palamaon.8934" said:

> > > > > @Deadvillager.1956 said:

> > > > > It is an imaginary safety net against unsuccessful runs.

> > > >

> > > > Quoted for truth. I came from WoW and have no idea why people are treating GW2 like WoW..... it just upsets me I can’t go swoooosh swoooosh in reaper form for a raid :(

> > >

> > > I went back to WoW and I'm happy my Blood DK is welcomed for a change, I was so happy I spent money in the cash shop because that's how you get people to spend money, you know making them happy playing what they want.

> >

> > i would be still playing WoW if it would not be sooo outdated...... i LOVE the demon hunter and Affliction lock in Legion....

> > but i hate how Useless 80% of the Wow HUGE world is because only the newest expansion matters.... also character costumazion is ugh...

> > i played WoW since tbc....

> >

> > Since GW2 and Eso i just cant look at wow anymore....... its not even the art style... i love wows art style... but the game as a whole....

> > Blizz has the money and man power to literaly redesign the entire world and implement it with bunch of new mechanics and gameplay.... i have no idea why they not doing it...

> >

> > Right now wow has the BIGEST amount of Wasted content ever....

>

> I agree, WoW should make all zones lvl agnostic and make zone wide events like Rift with their invasions, imagine how awesome it would be to have the Legion drop an invasion in Tiristfall for example.

>

> This is something GW2 could do as well, create zone wide invasions that form organically instead of on timers like HoT, you could even have them appear randomly but have a game wide announcement so people would jump all over to find the 3 or so Dragon spawn invasions popping up.

That's gw2 season1 you're describing here... Scarlet's minions were litterally doing that, just it ended up being boring after a few weeks.

Oh! Now that I'm recalling that, I smile because I used those event to level my thief, the mecha pest hurt like hell but I was jumping at their throats with my underleveled thief like I was a berserker! I wasn't even down that much... Tsss D/P thiefs opness.

> @"Daedalus Palamaon.8934" said:

> > @Maunzi.3764 said:

>

> > It's less anti-vaxx, because the difference is both huge and objectively measurable. A better comparison would be that the average GW2 person is someone that doesn't donate to charity. Bringing a necro along at the moment is exactly that: Charity. It costs the group time and possible raid clears, because the added speed from other classes makes the runs that much smoother, while the necro's survivability doesn't do a thing. When Gorseval uses a certain attack, and the group doesn't want to do updrafts, survivability is pointless, what matters is high enough DPS. When people want to skip a certain part of KCs mechanics, again DPS matters, not survivability. Sabetha gets much easier with good DPS, trio does, Sloth does, VG does, Samarog does, Cairn does, Daimos does, Xera does.

>

> Interesting points. I wonder if making the boss Invulnerable during that time period where DPS can "skip" a mechanic would make Necromancers more viable as you are forcing players into the updraft situation (where survivability is more of a thing) and DPS doesn't matter since you are going to hit that phase anyway.

>

> That actually seems like an awesome fix (just give them invul to do that phase and then after you dps as per normal)

>

>

>

Gorseval would need changes beyond that, since you only have 4 updrafts and he performs the worldbreaker attack 8 times. If he went invulnerable each time and no other changes were made, nobody would be able to beat him again.

Except, ironically, for an all-Necro group. Spectral Walk can let you cheat that.

> @"Drarnor Kunoram.5180" said:

> > @"Daedalus Palamaon.8934" said:

> > > @Maunzi.3764 said:

> >

> > > It's less anti-vaxx, because the difference is both huge and objectively measurable. A better comparison would be that the average GW2 person is someone that doesn't donate to charity. Bringing a necro along at the moment is exactly that: Charity. It costs the group time and possible raid clears, because the added speed from other classes makes the runs that much smoother, while the necro's survivability doesn't do a thing. When Gorseval uses a certain attack, and the group doesn't want to do updrafts, survivability is pointless, what matters is high enough DPS. When people want to skip a certain part of KCs mechanics, again DPS matters, not survivability. Sabetha gets much easier with good DPS, trio does, Sloth does, VG does, Samarog does, Cairn does, Daimos does, Xera does.

> >

> > Interesting points. I wonder if making the boss Invulnerable during that time period where DPS can "skip" a mechanic would make Necromancers more viable as you are forcing players into the updraft situation (where survivability is more of a thing) and DPS doesn't matter since you are going to hit that phase anyway.

> >

> > That actually seems like an awesome fix (just give them invul to do that phase and then after you dps as per normal)

> >

> >

> >

>

> Gorseval would need changes beyond that, since you only have 4 updrafts and he performs the worldbreaker attack 8 times. If he went invulnerable each time and no other changes were made, nobody would be able to beat him again.

>

> Except, ironically, for an all-Necro group. Spectral Walk can let you cheat that.

That may be my plan all along.... shhhh

So then I go back to something I said before - just give necros an ability to debuff the target. It really isn’t hard and would give us utility beyond us just smashing things

> @"Daedalus Palamaon.8934" said:

> > @"Drarnor Kunoram.5180" said:

> > > @"Daedalus Palamaon.8934" said:

> > > > @Maunzi.3764 said:

> > >

> > > > It's less anti-vaxx, because the difference is both huge and objectively measurable. A better comparison would be that the average GW2 person is someone that doesn't donate to charity. Bringing a necro along at the moment is exactly that: Charity. It costs the group time and possible raid clears, because the added speed from other classes makes the runs that much smoother, while the necro's survivability doesn't do a thing. When Gorseval uses a certain attack, and the group doesn't want to do updrafts, survivability is pointless, what matters is high enough DPS. When people want to skip a certain part of KCs mechanics, again DPS matters, not survivability. Sabetha gets much easier with good DPS, trio does, Sloth does, VG does, Samarog does, Cairn does, Daimos does, Xera does.

> > >

> > > Interesting points. I wonder if making the boss Invulnerable during that time period where DPS can "skip" a mechanic would make Necromancers more viable as you are forcing players into the updraft situation (where survivability is more of a thing) and DPS doesn't matter since you are going to hit that phase anyway.

> > >

> > > That actually seems like an awesome fix (just give them invul to do that phase and then after you dps as per normal)

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Gorseval would need changes beyond that, since you only have 4 updrafts and he performs the worldbreaker attack 8 times. If he went invulnerable each time and no other changes were made, nobody would be able to beat him again.

> >

> > Except, ironically, for an all-Necro group. Spectral Walk can let you cheat that.

>

> That may be my plan all along.... shhhh

>

> So then I go back to something I said before - just give necros an ability to debuff the target. It really isn’t hard and would give us utility beyond us just smashing things

>

>

Still not sure why they haven't changed Rending Shroud so that it reduces nearby enemies' toughness by 150.

The situation in raids for necromancer would be possibly a lot better if every boss wasn't on a timer.

If that happened, then people learning raids could play defense builds, and complete raids slower and master mechanics before switching to glass stats.

Instead of that, the situation today is that highest DPS actually makes things both faster and easier because mechanics get skipped. Going with a low powered necromancer makes things harder for your team.