Condition Renegade or Condition Herald?

Veprovina.4876

> @"Crackmonster.2790" said:

> I'm quite new to revenant myself - but i did look at the builds and i just don't see how herald is ever competitive with renegade. It just gives some randoms boons which any impactful of which you can already full uptime with a renegade for yourself, and lacks real damage abilties - lacks synergy with battle scars for healing, cant alacrity your group. It seems more like a stylistic choice for solo play. Shortbow is very good also for both power and condition as swap for when you need to be in ranged or to tag mobs. I use diviner gear for boon duration.

...With condi Herald most of damage comes from torment, so instead of running runes of nightmare as condi Renegade uses runes of tormenting, which both enhances damage and drains life (and escalates like crazy the more foes you face), which combined with a heal which well placed refills your entire HP each 20 seconds, and the shield is really strong in PvE provides a superior tank build. Happens that in instanced team content this game usually doesn't needs tanks (or that the support builds already are tanky/do damage enough), so from a fractal/raider player the Herald maybe makes no sense. But remember that a lot of players in GW2 do play solo, and Herald is more intuitive to play (energy easier to manage, no complex combos, you always play at mele range... ).

Being said that, for a new player which starts in the game with PoF available, I would now advise to unlock the Renegade spec before Herald, because currently has better build diversity, comparable mobility and larger damage potential.

> @"DARKSLAYER.4793" said:

> Im fairly new to revenant and I play in groups and do things like bounties and I was leaning towards herald but I want the shortbow so I'm very confused at this point ? . I don't know which is better for me because I play solo and in groups. Like I said I'm very confused

no harm in having builds for both

> @"LucianTheAngelic.7054" said:

> > @"DARKSLAYER.4793" said:

> > Im fairly new to revenant and I play in groups and do things like bounties and I was leaning towards herald but I want the shortbow so I'm very confused at this point ? . I don't know which is better for me because I play solo and in groups. Like I said I'm very confused

>

> no harm in having builds for both

Indeed! That's what equipment templates are for. :wink:

• 2 weeks later...

Renegade saved my Rev from being a mule. I play power Renegade and LOVE it ( PVE). Burst damage and sustain is about the best off all the classes I have played.

Im running Maurader armor , Valkayrie trinkets, Assassain weapons , Fireworks runes. I Use Short bow 90% of the time . I swap to staff if I want to wreck a break bar fast.

Hardy ever go out of Renegade stance but if I do I use Dwarf.

Lately I've playing both power Renegade and condi Renegade in PvE and WvW (and only power in PvP) using the same traits from what is essentially the PvP build (Shiro + Jalis Short Bow & Staff) and I found that the damage is similar (50% + 50% cavalier + assassin + speed runes vs viper + trailblazer + nightmare runes) but that build is not optimized in traits to deal maximum condi damage, so in reality condi would have an edge. Anyway, both are very competitive and you can jump from game modes without making changes. The advantage of the power build is that swapping to staff doesn't hurt your dps that much.

In a few days I'll upload a small video showcasing a few examples of the performance. The fastest killing machine still seems to be the quickness burn Firebrand, but that one is too glass cannon to work in PvP/roaming and lacks some quality of life features due moves way slower and has much weaker access to cleanses and stability.

I picked up condi Renegade (Viper's) on a new character. Having PVP'd for two years in a row (and now quit PVPing) I had enough tokens to get ascended mace/axe and two armor pieces, as well as a full set of exotic Viper's.

It's seriously powerful. Last time I played GW2 in PVE I ran zerker Ele and condi Mirage. Mirage DPS seemed to rely on confusion so slow enemies didn't really take as much damage. Zerker Ele was super squishy in PVE and I remember dying a lot. Condi Renegade already seems to blitz through everything. When I take Retribution instead of Invocation I am able to solo champions. Projectile-spamming champions are easily solved by running Centaur Stance.

It's a fun build. I have to thank Metabattle for providing it :)