Should shatters be removed in the next elite spec?

Tseison.4659

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think shatter has become to limiting for Mesmer. YOu almost have to do it and it's not really that enjoyable of a mechanic since its slow and fails a lot and really doesn't do anything but get you close to par with other classes who do not have to go through all that krap. Shattering should be OPTIONAL and not something you feel compelled to do all the time. I think the next elite spec should just have a negative trait that reduces shatter damage by 50% in it so that they can buff the elite spec in other ways to compensate so there is some variety with Mesmers.

> @"Cromx.3941" said:

> I think shatter has become to limiting for Mesmer. YOu almost have to do it and it's not really that enjoyable of a mechanic since its slow and fails a lot and really doesn't do anything but get you close to par with other classes who do not have to go through all that krap. Shattering should be OPTIONAL and not something you feel compelled to do all the time. I think the next elite spec should just have a negative trait that reduces shatter damage by 50% in it so that they can buff the elite spec in other ways to compensate so there is some variety with Mesmers.

I totally agree with you and understand the frustration because I experience the same hate with shatters. It's not original at all when our class has had our damage and everything else tied to shatters while other professions get a more "evolved" version of their mechanics...I personally do not shatter because the damage is very sub par and if your target dies before your illusions reach then that's a LOSS in damage. So in both PvE & WvW content I mostly use my phantasms and I feel our illusions should've been more like phantasmal attacks. I get the whole "deception" feel that they wanted to pull off with the clones, but it doesn't work nor does it fool anyone.

If they wanted to give us a more deceptive/illusionary skill(s), they should've implemented the [White Mantle Mesmer](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/White_Mantle_Mesmer) skill that casts a sort of "Glamour" on the user and when it's destroyed, it reveals the actual Mesmer.

At the end of the day, I'm hoping for the best when EoD arrives.