Warrior Espec Concept

Grand Marshal.4098

Hello everyone, I'm Marshal and since the inevitable release of EoD will bring forth a series of new Elite Specializations I wished to theorycraft a bit on my own ideas for warrior. Granted this isn't the first, nor the last post about new Especs, but I said, why not? So here we go:

* Name: **Demonslayer**

* Description/Lore: _The Demonslayers are powerful warriors who defend Cantha from the horrors of the depths. With the Jade Sea back to it's liquid state, ancient enemies have started appearing in the shores of the Southern Continent...The Oni and the fallen servants of Kanaxai seek to obliterate all living creatures around them. However these mighty combatants are there to halt their progress..._

* Weapon: **Staff** (Mechanically)- **Spear** (Animations) - _Weapon skills for a staff used as a spear can be many, but my main idea with the weapons in the Espec is a 'parry' mechanic where for attacks dealt to you, autoskill 1 (accounts for all weapons) can shift to a strong ranged move aimed at instantly countering your enemy, in a mechanical fashion similar to stealth attacks for thieves._

* Espec Mechanic: **Abandonment** - _Abandonment replaces Adrenaline. Each Adrenaline bar receives an F function. Bar 1-F1, Bar 2-F2, Bar 3-F3. Demonslayers make use of the **Standard Bursts** with F1. If their Abandonment reaches the maximum of the 2nd Bar, they receive a new skill in F2, that being unrelated to the equipped weapons. It's called **Interpolation Constant** and the warrior assumes a battle stance in which he delivers a powerful shockwave piercing attack in a PBAoE cone (900 range) in front of them, dealing damage and reflecting all incoming attacks in that area towards back to their foes. Finally the F3 button activates **Total Concentration** a skill which utilizes a new burst animation for the weapon equipped where the wielder delivers a flurry of attacks (4) in rapid succession that deal less dmg per strike compared to the T1 Burst, but more dmg combined. This skill grants quickness to the warrior as well as fury and 4 stacks of might, with the first blow being a 1 sec knockdown._

* Skills: **Breaths** - _Breaths are a new skill type aimed at enhancing the capabilities of the warrior while draining/weakening the enemy, have a 1/2 sec cast-time, a radius of 180 and a range of 900. The heal pulses with the warrior while moving, similarly to a sand shade._

---Examples Include:

1. Heal: **Breath of Life** - _Enemies (5) within the radius lose health in order to heal the Slayer (Initial Heal 5k, Siphon Heal (5*1 sec intervals of 200 HP per enemy)._

2. Utility: **Breath of Calmness** - _Take a deep breath and see what the eyes cannot, follow your enemy's movement (a trail of where they are appears) while in stealth for a brief period of time (3 sec), gain Superspeed (3 sec), 5 stacks of unblockable (6 seconds) and 5 stacks of might, stubreaker._

3. Utility: **Breath of Corruption** - _Breathe and gaze into your opponent, dealing dmg, weakening them and applying vulnerability, while gaining protection (6 sec) and condition dmg mitigation (reduce inc condi dmg by 33%)._

4. Utility: **Breath of Battle** - _Breathe deeply, deal dmg and confusion to enemies (4 stacks), gain fury (5 sec) and retaliation (5 sec)._

5. Utility: **Breath of Control** - _Breathe and launch yourself over at your enemy (900 range). Once making contact with them immobilize them (3 sec) and deal 2 massive blows of dmg (2x 1500)._

6. Elite: **Self-Movement** - _Breathe and concentrate on your enemies. For 5 seconds evade all incoming attacks while moving and deal damage (10x 4k) to enemies (5) within your reach (500 radius)._

Traits and the likes require waaay more thought and since this is simply a concept I thought that there was no need to delve into it further. Any ideas you got and want to see? Thanks for reading!

Quibble. Just call it an Oni Slayer rather than Demon Slayer. Your breath of corruption condi damage mitigation can be done via a trait (like Soulbeast). The concept of breath within combat forms is not way out there and is thematic for the region we're going to so :+1: . I assume something like 20-30s CDs on this kind of utilities. Instant cast in your mind or 1/4s-1s cast?

> @"Lan Deathrider.5910" said:

> Quibble. Just call it an Oni Slayer rather than Demon Slayer. Your breath of corruption condi damage mitigation can be done via a trait (like Soulbeast). The concept of breath within combat forms is not way out there and is thematic for the region we're going to so :+1: . I assume something like 20-30s CDs on this kind of utilities. Instant cast in your mind or 1/4s-1s cast?

Tbh if I were to sit down and think of CDs I'd have to do so with care and examine every other thing in the game, but i'd imagine half minute would work well. Onislayer sounds good, I guess I didnt consider it cause the espec name needs to be 1 word and i didnt think of 'onislayer' as a singular word.

Short cast time. Nothing instant, maybe the Elite is instant, the rest though are meant to be what the concept encompasses. Time for a breath = cast

I was just a bit bored of seeing only monk warriors or double pistol warriors being suggested and tried to go a step further with creativity for a capable duelist warrior.

> @"Acyk.9671" said:

> This design is too redundant with the damaging capabilities of berserker and the weakening/sustain part of spellbreaker. I mean i would rather have a new E spec that feels fresh than a make over of what kinda already exist...

That's fair. My issues on making a 'unique' espec are:

1) Make something new with adrenaline

2) Not pump some new 'form' or 'kit' on the spec with 5 new skills and call it a day

3) Find a balanced duelist warrior

As a wvw roamer it reflects on my choices. Spellbreaker is viable with FC, Berserker is bad and Core is boring since you cannot theorycraft with it. So I'd give away "uniqueness" of a spec for a more fun experience while fighting. We actually need to question: 'How many unique styles of a brute-warrior style of fighter can there be? We have a vanilla, a damaging and a defensive. What could come next if not a hybrid?

What would you suggest though? I'm very interested in other concepts.

I would rather something like mix spellbreaker and scourge, more F skills but consume only 1 of 4 bar of adrenaline per use or If I get let's say more than 20/40 adrenaline, I can use F1 and F2 only with CD without adrenaline spend. F1 and F2 skill based on main hand and F3 and F4 skill based on off hand.

> @"Grand Marshal.4098" said:

> > @"Acyk.9671" said:

> > This design is too redundant with the damaging capabilities of berserker and the weakening/sustain part of spellbreaker. I mean i would rather have a new E spec that feels fresh than a make over of what kinda already exist...

>

> That's fair. My issues on making a 'unique' espec are:

> 1) Make something new with adrenaline

> 2) Not pump some new 'form' or 'kit' on the spec with 5 new skills and call it a day

> 3) Find a balanced duelist warrior

>

> As a wvw roamer it reflects on my choices. Spellbreaker is viable with FC, Berserker is bad and Core is boring since you cannot theorycraft with it. So I'd give away "uniqueness" of a spec for a more fun experience while fighting. We actually need to question: 'How many unique styles of a brute-warrior style of fighter can there be? We have a vanilla, a damaging and a defensive. What could come next if not a hybrid?

>

> What would you suggest though? I'm very interested in other concepts.

I don't know if they can make another good roaming spec after spellbreaker. Unfortunately, removing damage on CC made any synergy with damage modifiers on CC impossible and spellbreaker is less efficient than other roamer's builds imo. So maybe the next spec is a hybrid support + damage on CC. That would be a huge fu to everyone playing war but that wouldn't surprise me after all this years. I don't think berserker will ever be a viable roamer again but it's easy to fix for teamplay, reduce the trade off.

Sorry mate but i don't care enough about the game to develop my wishes about a new espec.

• 1 month later...