Boon Duration %

drgast.1469

I'm rounding out some of my characters stats on trinkets and decided to re-evaluate my Ranger. Specifically, I'm taking a look at Boon Duration. With access to things like Moa Stance and the Versatile Pets +225 Concentration I've been wondering how much Concentration to build in with trinkets.

I'd love to see what you guys work with.

> @Lome.8239 said:

> Is this for PvE?

>

> Soulbeast, if ever used, should run Viper's I imagine. Running a condi DPS build seems to be the only way to fit one into a group as long as the Druid buffs are already covered.

Not asking what stat combinations you use. Specifically if you use any boon duration stats and how much. PvE and/or WvW. But I'll take the response as you not using any Concentration lol.

> @drgast.1469 said:

> > @Lome.8239 said:

> > Is this for PvE?

> >

> > Soulbeast, if ever used, should run Viper's I imagine. Running a condi DPS build seems to be the only way to fit one into a group as long as the Druid buffs are already covered.

>

> Not asking what stat combinations you use. Specifically if you use any boon duration stats and how much. PvE and/or WvW. But I'll take the response as you not using any Concentration lol.

Depends on what PvE mate, if you are doing open world events and want to support, you can run Nature Magic and Commanders trinkets for 37% duration, Harriers Trinkets would bring 47%. Although I think running a Concentration Sigil in your Warhorn is a very good option as it allows you to have some duration on demand when you want it, but not stat waste at the same time. For WvW, it depends even more on your build, but if you are running power with all marauder/zerker gear then Durability runes are a good choice with 20% duration built in, with Nature Magic that is 36% there and the Concentration sigil on WH (if you are using it) would pump that up to 69% for 7s when you want to stack boons. That is what I use anyway.

> @drgast.1469 said:

> I'm rounding out some of my characters stats on trinkets and decided to re-evaluate my Ranger. Specifically, I'm taking a look at Boon Duration. With access to things like Moa Stance and the Versatile Pets +225 Concentration I've been wondering how much Concentration to build in with trinkets.

>

> I'd love to see what you guys work with.

If you want to do a full perma boon build for funzies dont go over 34% boon duration. Moa stance will give you +66% and thus the 100% on activation. Otherwise it will be redundant to use.

Sword/WH and greatsword Boonbuild is actually quiet fun with NM/BM/SB. I wouldnt recommend it for fractals or raids though.

I'm glad to see this post as I'm considering the same thing. I ran wanderer gear on my druid in wvw before taking a break. With Soulbeast it seems we get some boon share built in. Sounds like with moa stance and a sigil of concentration we won't need much else. I've run durability runes forever and I like the boons it gives so I see no reason to change. I think with those alone we could be freed up to add in some more damage-oriented stats on gear without sacrificing boon duration.

Spring rolls might be a food to consider for an extra boost when needed, not only does it give the 100 concentration, but the reason I use it is for the 30 seconds of swiftness on kill. It's been great in the Lab, where the swiftness duration stacks so high, it's like having Natural Stride. :D

> @Peacock.6412 said:

> Spring rolls might be a food to consider for an extra boost when needed, not only does it give the 100 concentration, but the reason I use it is for the 30 seconds of swiftness on kill. It's been great in the Lab, where the swiftness duration stacks so high, it's like having Natural Stride. :D

Oooooh how I miss Natural Stride on my soulbeast lol. I'm half considering a boon duration just for that purpose.

> @InsaneQR.7412 said:

> > @drgast.1469 said:

> > I'm rounding out some of my characters stats on trinkets and decided to re-evaluate my Ranger. Specifically, I'm taking a look at Boon Duration. With access to things like Moa Stance and the Versatile Pets +225 Concentration I've been wondering how much Concentration to build in with trinkets.

> >

> > I'd love to see what you guys work with.

>

> If you want to do a full perma boon build for funzies dont go over 34% boon duration. Moa stance will give you +66% and thus the 100% on activation. Otherwise it will be redundant to use.

> Sword/WH and greatsword Boonbuild is actually quiet fun with NM/BM/SB. I wouldnt recommend it for fractals or raids though.

>

>

It's a shame that Moa Stance doesn't increase the base duration by 66% instead of increasing boon duration by 66%, like traits that increase condition base duration.

> @"Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582" said:

> > @InsaneQR.7412 said:

> > > @drgast.1469 said:

> > > I'm rounding out some of my characters stats on trinkets and decided to re-evaluate my Ranger. Specifically, I'm taking a look at Boon Duration. With access to things like Moa Stance and the Versatile Pets +225 Concentration I've been wondering how much Concentration to build in with trinkets.

> > >

> > > I'd love to see what you guys work with.

> >

> > If you want to do a full perma boon build for funzies dont go over 34% boon duration. Moa stance will give you +66% and thus the 100% on activation. Otherwise it will be redundant to use.

> > Sword/WH and greatsword Boonbuild is actually quiet fun with NM/BM/SB. I wouldnt recommend it for fractals or raids though.

> >

> >

>

> It's a shame that Moa Stance doesn't increase the base duration by 66% instead of increasing boon duration by 66%, like traits that increase condition base duration.

Off topic, are you playing again now Heim?

> @StickerHappy.8052 said:

> > @"Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582" said:

> > > @InsaneQR.7412 said:

> > > > @drgast.1469 said:

> > > > I'm rounding out some of my characters stats on trinkets and decided to re-evaluate my Ranger. Specifically, I'm taking a look at Boon Duration. With access to things like Moa Stance and the Versatile Pets +225 Concentration I've been wondering how much Concentration to build in with trinkets.

> > > >

> > > > I'd love to see what you guys work with.

> > >

> > > If you want to do a full perma boon build for funzies dont go over 34% boon duration. Moa stance will give you +66% and thus the 100% on activation. Otherwise it will be redundant to use.

> > > Sword/WH and greatsword Boonbuild is actually quiet fun with NM/BM/SB. I wouldnt recommend it for fractals or raids though.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > It's a shame that Moa Stance doesn't increase the base duration by 66% instead of increasing boon duration by 66%, like traits that increase condition base duration.

>

> Off topic, are you playing again now Heim?

I get home on the 6th December, so hopefully I can download the updates on my way into port and play that night :D