Will we ever get respect from Anet? Or Thief just doesnt deserve it?

Dave.6819

> @"NorthernRedStar.3054" said:

> > @"Psycoprophet.8107" said:

> > > @"Turk.5460" said:

> > > I can't speak for PvP, but in WvW I find Thief extremely powerful. It may not be powerful in zerg-play but we never were, and most likely never will be due to our kit. We are a small-scale and solo damage machine and not really in need of any buffs. I feel like Thief is in a good spot, and could actually do with a few minor nerfs here and there.

> > >

> > > And no, I am not a main of another profession. I exclusively play Thief and have over 4,000 hours on it.

> >

> > wvw yeah damage is good but pvp conquest is a whole different beast entirely and uve got classes that have no right to be bursting anywhere close to a rogue like while having tank stats.

> > If u can tank a lot of damage than the reason why USUALLY that class does not have high burst is because u can stay in the fight and build ur dps up through sustained dps while a rogue like cannot and has to do its damage entirely through bursts unless of course the rogue is far more skilled than opponent and is able to stay in the fight.

> > Right now uve got classes that can take continuous long bouts of pressure all while bursting as much or more than the thief, thats so messed up.

> > Anyway just my opinion, I hardly play these days so matters little.

>

> Not just that, the entire meta's turned hostile towards thief w/ Rune of the Trapper all over the place. If there's no bunker on the node you can be sure there's at least a sidenode trapper in there.

>

> CMC logic: "Let's remove all of thief's burst AND heavily kitten their ability to remain in a fight as a sustained DPS - oh, they've turned to roaming you say? Well then, kitten their mobility WITHOUT ANY COMPENSATIONS. That's show them what's balance. "

>

> Pure genius. Absolute, unadultered, bunker main logic.

Amen. Guardian Wars 2. We clearly have biased people in the balancing team.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> > @"Turk.5460" said:

> > I can't speak for PvP, but in WvW I find Thief extremely powerful. It may not be powerful in zerg-play but we never were, and most likely never will be due to our kit. We are a small-scale and solo damage machine and not really in need of any buffs. I feel like Thief is in a good spot, and could actually do with a few minor nerfs here and there.

> >

> > And no, I am not a main of another profession. I exclusively play Thief and have over 4,000 hours on it.

>

> What would you nerf?

Daredevil line lol. Its busted

> @"Fat Disgrace.4275" said:

> > @"NorthernRedStar.3054" said:

> > > @"Turk.5460" said:

> > > I can't speak for PvP, but in WvW I find Thief extremely powerful. It may not be powerful in zerg-play but we never were, and most likely never will be due to our kit. We are a small-scale and solo damage machine and not really in need of any buffs. I feel like Thief is in a good spot, and could actually do with a few minor nerfs here and there.

> > >

> > > And no, I am not a main of another profession. I exclusively play Thief and have over 4,000 hours on it.

> >

> > What would you nerf?

>

> Daredevil line lol. Its busted

You'd nerf the entire daredevil trait line? Seems vague.

On the other hand, I can see this line of thinking (particularly if we assume you're a warrior main based on your choice of AVI): _thief is supposed to be a punching bag that soaks in all damage instead of evading and avoiding it._

It's surprisingly common for warrior players in particular to be shouting "coward" or "stop running" after a thief's forced them to retreat or killed them after a soft reset.

> > @"Fat Disgrace.4275" said:

> > > @"NorthernRedStar.3054" said:

> > > > @"Turk.5460" said:

> > > > I can't speak for PvP, but in WvW I find Thief extremely powerful. It may not be powerful in zerg-play but we never were, and most likely never will be due to our kit. We are a small-scale and solo damage machine and not really in need of any buffs. I feel like Thief is in a good spot, and could actually do with a few minor nerfs here and there.

> > > >

> > > > And no, I am not a main of another profession. I exclusively play Thief and have over 4,000 hours on it.

> > >

> > > What would you nerf?

> >

> > Daredevil line lol. Its busted

>

> You'd nerf the entire daredevil trait line? Seems vague.

>

> On the other hand, I can see this line of thinking (particularly if we assume you're a warrior main based on your choice of AVI): _thief is supposed to be a punching bag that soaks in all damage instead of evading and avoiding it._

>

> It's surprisingly common for warrior players in particular to be shouting "coward" or "stop running" after a thief's forced them to retreat or killed them after a soft reset.

Actually I play(ed) both equal amounts. Think I got 7k hours on thief but it's got to the point I'm totally bored/burnt out on thief.

Daredevil was a silly idea from the start but now it's crazy good/busted regardless who ever you fight especially since last dmg nerf across the bored in feb. 1350 triple dash range, -30dmg reduction, weakness after evading and 7% vitality buff lol, who wouldn't use it. Oh and a 15%dmg modifier

> @"Fat Disgrace.4275" said:

> > @"NorthernRedStar.3054" said:

> > > @"Turk.5460" said:

> > >

> >

> > What would you nerf?

>

> Daredevil line lol. Its busted

Its not busted at all man, are u a warrior main cuz if u are ur simply countered by DD and thats all and combined with mesmer these are the only two classes DD counters and has good 1v1 match up with. The rest of the roster has winning match up against DD if equal skill is concerned hence why in large DD and rest of thieves have always been delegated to +1 roles and decap. U seriously just need to practice vs thieves more, I play warrior a lot and have little issues with thieves.