Suggestions needed for this PvP build

Dirame.8521

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PKgAwilJw2ghij0U6bH-z5gXGNWAZmAKMA

I've been pondering this PvP build for quite some time today and I have been pulling my hair out because I am trying to figure out what utilities to use to increase my chances of ruining people's day in PvP!

So the idea behind the build is to immob as much as possible. Sure people will escape because there are tons of condi cleanses out there and lots of skills remove immob, but I am willing to bet on stacking a lot of immob in the build because people only have so many cooldowns right?

The second weapon set could either be Greatsword or Hammer. If it is hammer, I would need Frenzy to make it work well and if it is GS, I could take anything else really. The build currently has "Fear me" as a placeholder. My plan was to use it as soon as I was able to land a "Throw Bolas" on an enemy, this would give me a sort of 4s situation where they are doing nothing and I can just go to town on them (if they don't have any stun breaks or condi cleanse that is). Either that or I swap it for bull's charge and get a 3s KD that way and then have space for 2 more utilities that would prove useful. At this point, it's a toss up between FGJ & SiO or Berserker Stance & Featherfoot grace or Bull's charge, Fear me and Throw Bolas? Arrgh, there are too many things to counter in PvP!

HELP!

> @"Dirame.8521" said:

> > @"Lan Deathrider.5910" said:

> > I think you posted the same build twice. Open a new gw2skills tab and do the other build there.

>

> Nope. The two builds are different. You can see from the letters in the link that they are different.

Silly me, must have been tired when I opened them lol.

Don't take those traits in Defense while in PvP. They'll proc only once.

> @"Lan Deathrider.5910" said:

> > @"Dirame.8521" said:

> > > @"Lan Deathrider.5910" said:

> > > I think you posted the same build twice. Open a new gw2skills tab and do the other build there.

> >

> > Nope. The two builds are different. You can see from the letters in the link that they are different.

>

> Silly me, must have been tired when I opened them lol.

>

> Don't take those traits in Defense while in PvP. They'll proc only once.

Wow, I actually thought that that was a typo. They did warriors dirty on that one. Thanks for the heads up. I have modified it to this now.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PKwAwiJlNwQYXsHGKOSTpvdA-z5gXGNWBZmCOPA

Better, but use a different rune. Sanctuary will give some barrier due to MM and MMR, but the amount will be small.

Edit: I should say that I have used Sanctuary runes in a build before, but that was for WvW which is a different beast since there are different stat choices available there. The small bits of barrier will be steady, something like a constant 200-400 barrier, but don't expect it to save your butt.

> Better, but use a different rune. Sanctuary will give some barrier due to MM and MMR, but the amount will be small.

>

> Edit: I should say that I have used Sanctuary runes in a build before, but that was for WvW which is a different beast since there are different stat choices available there. The small bits of barrier will be steady, something like a constant 200-400 barrier, but don't expect it to save your butt.

The Sanc runes are there in order to exploit over-aggression. Or focus fire on me. In combination with the Stance heal. But I am not sure how it will play out in a practical match. We shall see.

> @"Dirame.8521" said:

> > @"Lan Deathrider.5910" said:

> > Better, but use a different rune. Sanctuary will give some barrier due to MM and MMR, but the amount will be small.

> >

> > Edit: I should say that I have used Sanctuary runes in a build before, but that was for WvW which is a different beast since there are different stat choices available there. The small bits of barrier will be steady, something like a constant 200-400 barrier, but don't expect it to save your butt.

>

> The Sanc runes are there in order to exploit over-aggression. Or focus fire on me. In combination with the Stance heal. But I am not sure how it will play out in a practical match. We shall see.

Not as well as you hope. Like I said, from MMR and MM you will have a steady stream of 200-400 barrier, but it would conflict with the heals from defiant stance as far as I know. Never used the two together but I suspect the barrier would lesson the heal you receive and thus the barrier returned from the rune.

Sanctuary runes work better on warrior in WvW where you have things like Sentinel stats to make the small barrier amounts go further. But, hey go see how it works for you! If it works well for you then go with it 100%.

@"Lan Deathrider.5910"

Oh boy, I got another idea and for this one, I didn't even have a dilemma so it must be a good'un.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PKwAQlflJwSYTMMGKOSTpvdA-zZIPkMVCdLBSZEogB

I know the leash range on Magebane means you can't Kill shot from 1500 range and pull someone away but, my remedy for that is, Bull's Charge-in and Kill Shot and Brutal shot twice to activate Magebane

> @"Dirame.8521" said:

> @"Lan Deathrider.5910"

>

> Oh boy, I got another idea and for this one, I didn't even have a dilemma so it must be a good'un.

>

> http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PKwAQlflJwSYTMMGKOSTpvdA-zZIPkMVCdLBSZEogB

>

> I know the leash range on Magebane means you can't Kill shot from 1500 range and pull someone away but, my remedy for that is, Bull's Charge-in and Kill Shot and Brutal shot twice to activate Magebane

While you could certainly do that you'll end up without an evade afterwards. But if you pull it off follow it up with Volley + Aimed Shot.. I would swap Signet of Rage for Frenzy then. That way you'll be more likely to get KS off if they break stun but are sloppy on their dodge.

You could also use Rifle Butt to knock them back the requisite 600 distance and have MBT pull them back for you while you use Volley. Then double tap Brutal Aim and follow up with Aimed Shot + Volley.

Don't forget that FC will proc MBT as well so you can use that to initiate those juggle combos.

> > @"Dirame.8521" said:

> > @"Lan Deathrider.5910"

> >

> > Oh boy, I got another idea and for this one, I didn't even have a dilemma so it must be a good'un.

> >

> > http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PKwAQlflJwSYTMMGKOSTpvdA-zZIPkMVCdLBSZEogB

> >

> > I know the leash range on Magebane means you can't Kill shot from 1500 range and pull someone away but, my remedy for that is, Bull's Charge-in and Kill Shot and Brutal shot twice to activate Magebane

>

> While you could certainly do that you'll end up without an evade afterwards. But if you pull it off follow it up with Volley + Aimed Shot.. I would swap Signet of Rage for Frenzy then. That way you'll be more likely to get KS off if they break stun but are sloppy on their dodge.

I would love to put Frenzy in there but I am just looking at the cooldown (4s of quickness on a 45s cooldown doesn't seem to appealing to me). It's something to test out I guess.

> You could also use Rifle Butt to knock them back the requisite 600 distance and have MBT pull them back for you while you use Volley. Then double tap Brutal Aim and follow up with Aimed Shot + Volley.

I feel so dumb. Why didn't I think of that. I done gone and made it all complicated. Thanks for that.

So here is the combo I had in mind right. Bull's charge> Frenzy + Kill Shot > Rifle butt > (they get leashed) Swap weapons when target is near to activate sigil of Stagnation (activates immob on cripple + Pommel Bash) > Dual Strike > Skull Crack (if i have enough adrenaline) > Spin to Win Whirling Axe

> Don't forget that FC will proc MBT as well so you can use that to initiate those juggle combos.

Oh cool, good to know.