A new approach: Ditching shiro and staff

akaCryptic.2389

Since the dawn of eternity, power heralds swore by one cookie cutter build. Today we still have power herald but now renegade and condi herald which are even more viable. The energy changes to shiro and gutting of staff 5 pushed me to try alternatives. I present you the quadruple wielder dwarfgon (name in progress).

[WvW Build](http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PmBBwylfldQKMHyi1QXsHCj9RisAqgpqVVbF-zVRYBRPXoYQenSkSgMFBdqA6VIIwZpKlN-w)

[PvP Build](http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PmABwylfldQKMHyi1QXsHCj9RisAqgpqVVbF-zZIPlMFB9KEiXCkwCQgDA)

Let me point out what we are loosing first before getting into the pros:

1 teleport

1 block

2 evades

1 burst (shiro facet goes hard)

Pros:

3 sources of stability

4 sources of weakness

1 barrier

more range (900-1200)

2 unblockables

I found this to be decent in 2v2s because stability and weakness lets you be more offensive. Also pretty nice in teamfights since you can CC anyone with 1 stability if you have quickness (from weapon swap). Can be devastating against lich form and full counter. The downside is if you are dueling and get +1 it is harder to escape. If you can keep up good weakness and stab uptime can still stall a fair bit. Since you lack evades and blocks it might be worth swapping one of the traitlines for retribution to get passive endurance bonus and vigor on evade. Rapid flow, roiling mists and forceful persistence are some of the traits that work as well.

An example opener would be to use taunt, inspiring reinforcements, mace 3, axe 4.

Well I have many things to say, so I'll just lay it out in order to address yur post :

1. Heralds/Revs never had one cookie cutter build.

As much as Power Herald Shiro/Glint was prevalent, it wasn't the only Power build in existence ever.

Core Shiro Jalis is just as potent and sometimes even more potent than Power Herald. The reason why it wasn't used as much as old Shiro Glint was because Herald was absolutely busted at abusing Incensed Response.

Some PvP builds also used Glint Jalis instead against aggressive push comps.

2. Yu are using Jalis Glint, there is no Shiro Facet.

3. While yu have good Stability access, yur also extremely weak to corrupts. With a rising popularity of MM Scourges coming into both PvP and WvW, they will have a field day with yur Stability pulses. Having only 1 Stunbreak on a 25 cooldown then is going to hurt. Be careful not to get corrupted or yur not gonna have a fun time without Shiro's gap closers to facilitate bursts on the target.

Losing Staff 5 loses yu a handy cleanse as well as a Block and an Evade+CC baked into it.

Yu have to be extra careful not to get hard pressured cos yu no longer have a tool to buy time.

I recommend using Sword/Axe and Mace/Sword btw.

Sword/Axe work extremely well together because Axe 4 can be chained into Sword 2 for a devastating burst.

This will also give yur Sword kit access to Axe 5's CC in order to inflict great dps with Sword autos.

Mace/Sword work extremely well together as well if yu use Shackling Wave to first lock an enemy down before slamming them with Mace 2, forcing them to take the full damage ticks from the skill.

Also remember, Mace 2 is a Firefield while Mace 3 is a Blast finisher.

This means yu have capability to stack Might on yur own.

> @"Yasai.3549" said:

> Well I have many things to say, so I'll just lay it out in order to address yur post :

>

> 1. Heralds/Revs never had one cookie cutter build.

> As much as Power Herald Shiro/Glint was prevalent, it wasn't the only Power build in existence ever.

> Core Shiro Jalis is just as potent and sometimes even more potent than Power Herald. The reason why it wasn't used as much as old Shiro Glint was because Herald was absolutely busted at abusing Incensed Response.

> Some PvP builds also used Glint Jalis instead against aggressive push comps.

>

> 2. Yu are using Jalis Glint, there is no Shiro Facet.

>

> 3. While yu have good Stability access, yur also extremely weak to corrupts. With a rising popularity of MM Scourges coming into both PvP and WvW, they will have a field day with yur Stability pulses. Having only 1 Stunbreak on a 25 cooldown then is going to hurt. Be careful not to get corrupted or yur not gonna have a fun time without Shiro's gap closers to facilitate bursts on the target.

>

> Losing Staff 5 loses yu a handy cleanse as well as a Block and an Evade+CC baked into it.

> Yu have to be extra careful not to get hard pressured cos yu no longer have a tool to buy time.

>

> I recommend using Sword/Axe and Mace/Sword btw.

> Sword/Axe work extremely well together because Axe 4 can be chained into Sword 2 for a devastating burst.

> This will also give yur Sword kit access to Axe 5's CC in order to inflict great dps with Sword autos.

>

> Mace/Sword work extremely well together as well if yu use Shackling Wave to first lock an enemy down before slamming them with Mace 2, forcing them to take the full damage ticks from the skill.

>

> Also remember, Mace 2 is a Firefield while Mace 3 is a Blast finisher.

> This means yu have capability to stack Might on yur own.

I die a little bit everytime you don't use 'o' in your possessive words.

For WvW, staff is not essential if you're running power of any flavor. Boon corruption has long since been a thing so don't worry about any scourges or chrono supports.

For PvP I'd still run staff as sotm is still really strong for denying revives and if you need to sustain.

I'm still hard pressed to give up Shiro, even without Charged Mists, because it offers too much utility.