What is your opinion on IceBrood Saga

vier.1327

> @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> * Story content suddenly forced you through tons of group content and "encouraged" you to have all characters raid-proofed. Well, I have some professions that I only play occasionally for fun and diversion. I never took the time to perfect their meta build rotations and class mechanics (e.g., Revenant). Now I am forced to play through group content that requires you to be good at it (as per DPS meters). And on top of that, you have to look for a new group every couple of missions, simply because the DRMs are interrupted by non-DRM story content that you must play through if you want to proceed. That makes it really time-consuming and irritating, so why put up with it needlessly? Exactly. Ergo I deleted professions I had multiple characters of (except for two which I kept for their age) to make my GW2 life less stressful.

I don't know how you are playing DRMs to feel like you need to be "raid proofed" to play them, but they are super easy, even with basic exotic gear.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Sajuuk Khar.1509" said:

> I don't know how you are playing DRMs to feel like you need to be "raid proofed" to play them, but they are super easy, even with basic exotic gear.

I don't waste time playing the normal version, as then I would have to do them again on another char for the crystals. So I always play them in CM. If you want them to succeed (e.g., Snowden Drifts) you need to know the profession you are playing or else you are letting the rest of your team carry you. (I wasn't talking just about gear, I was mainly talking about builds and rotation.) I also prefer to play them with KP groups if available to ensure success. "Super easy" is not necessarily what I would call them if you have teammates who don't do proper damage or don't know the mission's boss mechanics and constantly die (I've seen that happen, believe it or not).