Dragonhunter Specialization - Actual State of Longbow

AdrianD.3421

Good afternoon.

I think it's my 1st or 2nd post on the forum since I've ever started playing (almost 5 years, almost 3400 hours spent in game, mostly on PvP/WvW aspect).

I've been devoted PvP/WvW player specializing in Dragonhunter gameplay mostly. When they've released that "Huge Balance Patch" striking most of the skills and the CC skills directly, I've stopped playing at all, because in my opinion, from solo roamer view, it wasn't a balance which I've been hoping for.

As a example of this balance which I've used to call a mess, I'll ask about the Longbow weapon for Dragonhunter, especially the 3rd skill (Deflecting Shot).

I fully agree on damage remove from that skill just as it happened for most of the CC skills for all classes, but I completly don't understand why did they added the cast time which is almost 1 second long. Secondary, blindness debuff removed? Before that huge patch, you could use that not to damage people, or use it as a part of the bigger combo or CC chain on your enemy, for me and for many Dragonhunters I've met, it used to be a major defensive skill used against enemies when you couldn't swap the weapon on time. If you had enough good reaction and knowledge on how to use it properly, it gave enough to give you 1-2 seconds breath during a combat.

In my opinion, this one change on that single skill made the whole weapon completly useless. You still had to aim that skill in order to make it work, you couldn't just blindly shot in a random place expecting this skill to work, you had to target it yourself.

Is there any statement made by the Balance Team why did they made it like that? Or it's more like "Ugh, we made it cus we made it, don't care anyway"?

Best Regards.

Statement from the balance team? Lmao. I will give it you the summary: the new guy does not know what the fuck he is doing. Instead of trying to see what each class and build needs just did a blanket nerf across the board. Anet pulled all resources to work on the expansion, so no one has the time (and quite frankly, the knowledge) to make proper adjustments.

Short version, do not play pvp.

Good luck getting a statement from an actual developer.

I don't think any Arenanet employee outside of the two or three forum moderators actually visit the forums.

Just don't take PvP seriously.

The moment you take it seriously, you've already lost (even if you win the match).

Thank You Otto and Fueki for answers.

I had very similiar feeling to your summary Otto, when I first read and then experienced those balance changes.

One of my friend actualy adviced me leaving PvP and focus on PvE aspect instead.

And Fueki's note about taking PvP seriously, I hope I've never been a tryhard and I've never consired myself as a "pro player", but unfortunately, I've fall in love in GW's PvP back then which seem to lost for now.

But You're both right. I think it is time to let it go. When I wrote that post, I was already sure that probably my note won't change anything and only few will read that post anyway.

In my opinion, PvP/WvW deserved a better changes, aiming in large scale, smale scale and solo roamers, changes which could satisfy most of the players, rather than just a specific group of them.

Best Regards, have a nice day/evening!