Kourna and Jahai

Hannelore.8153

I wa critical of Kourna back in the day and I am still critical of it today. It is boring, the grinding was extremely unpleasant and the few good things (npc chatter in village, the water part, Joko's uncut speech) were utterly drowned out by all the boredom and unfinished feel.

Istan on the other hand I loved back then and if I had to choose between those two it wouldn't even take a second. Istan pls.

> @"firedragon.8953" said:

> > @"radda.8920" said:

> >Lots of decors ruined by Kralkatorrik or the zombie atmosphere.

> > Hope the cantha vibe won't be destroy in the same way

>

> Although I understand that Anet was going for an apocalyptical atmosphere, I totally agree with this. Personally, I hate Orr the most just because it is so ugly and I don't really like the undead stereotypical mindless zombie trope enemies littered around the landscape. It's fine from the story telling aspect I guess, but it is pretty stale.

>

> So far, all Elder Dragon corruption seems scary or ominous. Dead and tattered risen sea remains, monstrous vines and devil like minions, burnt/crystalized landscapes and crystal impaled minions, and the same kind of thing but with ice. They were all pretty nightmarish, but I would kind of enjoy an Elder Dragon (even if they are evil) to make stunning landscapes (maybe even beautiful minions?), pristine shiny water, etc., but being dangerous as hell. Since we have not seen any DSD minions or corruption, or we are unaware of it anyway, I think Anet has a great opportunity here, because they basically have a completely blank slate to work with and be really creative.

>

> As long as we don't have to deal with undead or zombies, or another Canthan plague, I'd be pretty happy. Maybe more of a shift towards mysticism, secret human (and non-human?) societies working in Cantha. I always thought the White Mantle and Svanir were interesting since they were not controlled by corruption/branding, but had this weird dragon/magic cult thing going on, and wouldn't mind more of that kind of enemy, with less apocalyptic landscapes and gory-facade enemies.

>

>

I totally agree with you, let's say that it bothers me less in orr since we never saw what the decor looked like before zaithan. While in elona, ​​there are plenty of sumptuous landscapes that I had seen in gw1 that I would have loved to see again on gw 2 ... and they are unfortunately destroyed by zombies or crystal stuff.

Cantha had 4 totally mythical environment never seen in guild wars 2. So i'm afraid they'll mess it up with dragon poop again

For the enemies I also agree with you, I'm really fed up with corrupt baddies without intelligence, already on gw1 I had a huge interest for the whitle mantle and the Mursaats because their plot is much better worked than the rest.

In cantha, normally there is the ministry of purity and a tyrannical emperor probably so they can do a political story but given the name of the extension, they won't have time to focus on it :(

> @"radda.8920" said:

> In cantha, normally there is the ministry of purity and a tyrannical emperor probably so they can do a political story but given the name of the extension, they won't have time to focus on it :(

We don't even _know_ which dragons the title is referring to.

People just _assume_ it refers to the Elder Dragons.

It could be refer to the Canthan _Dragon Empire._

That way, it could become a story about politics.

I don't really see where people are getting the notion Jahai is unfinished, it seems perfectly fine, but we do know for certain that Kourna was a bit rushed. I do hope they go back to connecting maps like those two though, I so badly miss being able to just walk from one map to the next. The expansions connect their maps but living world usually doesn't. When we're all over the place I understand there are no nearby maps to connect to, but I wish some of the ones right next to each other had a portal. Like Grothmar and Bjora. Would it have been so hard to add just a teeny, tiny little sliver more to one of those maps that's a corridor through the mountains, and connect the map art (the map art is SO close it gives me terrible OCD that they didn't just bridge the gap). I know you can take a chopper from the Blood Keep to Jora's Keep, which is nice, but not the same. I would imagine we can expect the expansion maps to connect to each other since the previous two maintained this style from core, but I'm gonna be pretty disappointed if the next season/saga after EOD (which is pretty likely to still be in Cantha) doesn't connect and of its maps.

> @"Fueki.4753" said:

> > @"radda.8920" said:

>

> > In cantha, normally there is the ministry of purity and a tyrannical emperor probably so they can do a political story but given the name of the extension, they won't have time to focus on it :(

> We don't even _know_ which dragons the title is referring to.

> People just _assume_ it refers to the Elder Dragons.

> It could be refer to the Canthan _Dragon Empire._

> That way, it could become a story about politics.

it seems to me, they said the next expansion was kind of a conclusion to all the living story arcs we've had since the game started.

If that's it, it makes me think that we will conclude the story of the ancestral dragons for good

And the little teaser seems to go in that direction. I don't see them spending time with the ministry of purity.

in pof they struggled to give balthazar a proper story there were too few missions so it is unlikely that they would waste time on it.

Maybe in the following living history, we'll see.

> @"Fenom.9457" said:

> I don't really see where people are getting the notion Jahai is unfinished, it seems perfectly fine, but we do know for certain that Kourna was a bit rushed. I do hope they go back to connecting maps like those two though, I so badly miss being able to just walk from one map to the next. The expansions connect their maps but living world usually doesn't. When we're all over the place I understand there are no nearby maps to connect to, but I wish some of the ones right next to each other had a portal. Like Grothmar and Bjora. Would it have been so hard to add just a teeny, tiny little sliver more to one of those maps that's a corridor through the mountains, and connect the map art (the map art is SO close it gives me terrible OCD that they didn't just bridge the gap). I know you can take a chopper from the Blood Keep to Jora's Keep, which is nice, but not the same. I would imagine we can expect the expansion maps to connect to each other since the previous two maintained this style from core, but I'm gonna be pretty disappointed if the next season/saga after EOD (which is pretty likely to still be in Cantha) doesn't connect and of its maps.

Vabbi, Jahai and Kourna are connected, the portal Jahai/Kourna, exists, but its wanst used on history and rarely noticed on map.

>From Domain of Kourna: The portal is at the end of the path leading up the cliffs south of Dunlon Springs.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Jahai_Bluffs

> @"ugrakarma.9416" said:

> > @"Fenom.9457" said:

> > I don't really see where people are getting the notion Jahai is unfinished, it seems perfectly fine, but we do know for certain that Kourna was a bit rushed. I do hope they go back to connecting maps like those two though, I so badly miss being able to just walk from one map to the next. The expansions connect their maps but living world usually doesn't. When we're all over the place I understand there are no nearby maps to connect to, but I wish some of the ones right next to each other had a portal. Like Grothmar and Bjora. Would it have been so hard to add just a teeny, tiny little sliver more to one of those maps that's a corridor through the mountains, and connect the map art (the map art is SO close it gives me terrible OCD that they didn't just bridge the gap). I know you can take a chopper from the Blood Keep to Jora's Keep, which is nice, but not the same. I would imagine we can expect the expansion maps to connect to each other since the previous two maintained this style from core, but I'm gonna be pretty disappointed if the next season/saga after EOD (which is pretty likely to still be in Cantha) doesn't connect and of its maps.

>

> Vabbi, Jahai and Kourna are connected, the portal Jahai/Kourna, exists, but its wanst used on history and rarely noticed on map.

>

> >From Domain of Kourna: The portal is at the end of the path leading up the cliffs south of Dunlon Springs.

> https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Jahai_Bluffs

I know they’re connected, my whole point is wishing more living world maps were connected like that