Core Rev for wvw roaming

Grand Marshal.4098

The threads I searched over pretty much suggested outdated info or sticked to the builds for roaming we see today (Shiro Herald, Mallyx Herald etc.).

But I wanted to make a Core build combining 2 legends which I didn't use at all as a Herald (Glint/Shiro) or a Renegade (Kalla/Jalis). That would be Mallyx with Ventari.

Do you believe such a combination would be viable, even as a meme build? Would it be worth to build some gear for it (got some chests of gear, only trinkets may take a while).

Thx in advance for reading this.

Well seems like you know that if you are even considering the legend combo, it is gonna be a meme build, period. I have been playing around with such a build lately and I have been having a blast on it, even if just for the stupid novelty of roaming with Ventari again. I like to run around unmounted solo with the tablet following me around to see how many people I can bait to fight me. It has actually been surprisingly effective and I have won many outnumbered fights with it in the short amount of time I have played it. Why? Well Mallyx and Tormenting runes on top of tanky stats are all hard carries. I also think people expect a free kill when they see Ventari so don't actually know how to fight it since it is so uncommon. I actually love fighting Soulbeasts with it because I can cuck their longbow with a ridiculously long-lasting bubble and strip their precious rolling stability. You have really great condi management between transfers, Ventari, and cleansing sigil, and while you are vulnerable to CC in Ventari, the blind spam and knockback spam can really help counteract that. Surely you don't have the damage potential of a dedicated condi Rev, but you can still rip people apart with how much you can spam Mallyx skills between Charged Mists and Ancient Echo.

Here is the build if you are interested. I didn't really try to min max or super-theorycraft anything since i had to just roll with the gear I already had available to me, so my stat combos aren't the holy grail. However, I do find the traits to all work really nicely together. I have many many many hours spent on core Rev so this sort of build is right up my alley.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PmwAkeZlhQJsIiiJRTMIqiBShMBagD7jaaF-zVRYRB59GdchlSkJQlFQmRQvhg3DA-w

> @"Za Shaloc.3908" said:

> Well seems like you know that if you are even considering the legend combo, it is gonna be a meme build, period. I have been playing around with such a build lately and I have been having a blast on it, even if just for the stupid novelty of roaming with Ventari again. I like to run around unmounted solo with the tablet following me around to see how many people I can bait to fight me. It has actually been surprisingly effective and I have won many outnumbered fights with it in the short amount of time I have played it. Why? Well Mallyx and Tormenting runes on top of tanky stats are all hard carries. I also think people expect a free kill when they see Ventari so don't actually know how to fight it since it is so uncommon. I actually love fighting Soulbeasts with it because I can kitten their longbow with a ridiculously long-lasting bubble and strip their precious rolling stability. You have really great condi management between transfers, Ventari, and cleansing sigil, and while you are vulnerable to CC in Ventari, the blind spam and knockback spam can really help counteract that. Surely you don't have the damage potential of a dedicated condi Rev, but you can still rip people apart with how much you can spam Mallyx skills between Charged Mists and Ancient Echo.

>

> Here is the build if you are interested. I didn't really try to min max or super-theorycraft anything since i had to just roll with the gear I already had available to me, so my stat combos aren't the holy grail. However, I do find the traits to all work really nicely together. I have many many many hours spent on core Rev so this sort of build is right up my alley.

>

> http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PmwAkeZlhQJsIiiJRTMIqiBShMBagD7jaaF-zVRYRB59GdchlSkJQlFQmRQvhg3DA-w

I higly appreciate your input! Although I'm going into this with a bit of a disdain towards Mallyx (given the current condi situation in wvw roaming), I thought that Mallyx not being on Herald would be less of a "spam" build, given how True Nature has that gist of being unevadable/unblockable etc.

I suppose that my sustained healing will be quite low with Ventari, but given how torment will be my way of dealing damage, I suppose I can simply smap the elite knockback in close quarters and then switch to Mallyx to load the enemy with torment.

In any case, I'm glad you offered this info! Thanks!

> @"Grand Marshal.4098" said:

> > @"Za Shaloc.3908" said:

> > Well seems like you know that if you are even considering the legend combo, it is gonna be a meme build, period. I have been playing around with such a build lately and I have been having a blast on it, even if just for the stupid novelty of roaming with Ventari again. I like to run around unmounted solo with the tablet following me around to see how many people I can bait to fight me. It has actually been surprisingly effective and I have won many outnumbered fights with it in the short amount of time I have played it. Why? Well Mallyx and Tormenting runes on top of tanky stats are all hard carries. I also think people expect a free kill when they see Ventari so don't actually know how to fight it since it is so uncommon. I actually love fighting Soulbeasts with it because I can kitten their longbow with a ridiculously long-lasting bubble and strip their precious rolling stability. You have really great condi management between transfers, Ventari, and cleansing sigil, and while you are vulnerable to CC in Ventari, the blind spam and knockback spam can really help counteract that. Surely you don't have the damage potential of a dedicated condi Rev, but you can still rip people apart with how much you can spam Mallyx skills between Charged Mists and Ancient Echo.

> >

> > Here is the build if you are interested. I didn't really try to min max or super-theorycraft anything since i had to just roll with the gear I already had available to me, so my stat combos aren't the holy grail. However, I do find the traits to all work really nicely together. I have many many many hours spent on core Rev so this sort of build is right up my alley.

> >

> > http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PmwAkeZlhQJsIiiJRTMIqiBShMBagD7jaaF-zVRYRB59GdchlSkJQlFQmRQvhg3DA-w

>

> I higly appreciate your input! Although I'm going into this with a bit of a disdain towards Mallyx (given the current condi situation in wvw roaming), I thought that Mallyx not being on Herald would be less of a "spam" build, given how True Nature has that gist of being unevadable/unblockable etc.

>

> I suppose that my sustained healing will be quite low with Ventari, but given how torment will be my way of dealing damage, I suppose I can simply smap the elite knockback in close quarters and then switch to Mallyx to load the enemy with torment.

>

> In any case, I'm glad you offered this info! Thanks!

Yeah no problem!

I would argue that core Rev has access to the *most* spammable gameplay simply due to it having access to Ancient Echo. I actually like that, which is one of the main reasons I like to play as core. I totally get your disdain towards playing as a condi roamer and totally relate to that. I don't really like playing Mallyx anymore either due to how easy it is to faceroll everything, but there is a certain fun in the challenge of playing it with such a...special legend like Ventari. What sort of build have you thought up for yourself?

Self-healing while In Ventari is not like it used to be since the big balance patch, but as core and with Ancient Echo, you have a greater opportunity to heal yourself more due to the excess energy flow. I have found that in a lot of the fights I have had so far, I am able to avoid damage via bubble/blinds/knockbacks, and since you will be using your Ventari elite a lot, the fragments from that are still quite nice. While not spectacular since the build doesn't have a huge boon spread, the barrier from Salvation helps ease the incoming damage too.

If you give it (or any Vent/Mall build) a go, good luck and let me know how it goes. If you are on NA I will keep an eye out for you.

> @"Za Shaloc.3908" said:

> > @"Grand Marshal.4098" said:

> > > @"Za Shaloc.3908" said:

> > > Well seems like you know that if you are even considering the legend combo, it is gonna be a meme build, period. I have been playing around with such a build lately and I have been having a blast on it, even if just for the stupid novelty of roaming with Ventari again. I like to run around unmounted solo with the tablet following me around to see how many people I can bait to fight me. It has actually been surprisingly effective and I have won many outnumbered fights with it in the short amount of time I have played it. Why? Well Mallyx and Tormenting runes on top of tanky stats are all hard carries. I also think people expect a free kill when they see Ventari so don't actually know how to fight it since it is so uncommon. I actually love fighting Soulbeasts with it because I can kitten their longbow with a ridiculously long-lasting bubble and strip their precious rolling stability. You have really great condi management between transfers, Ventari, and cleansing sigil, and while you are vulnerable to CC in Ventari, the blind spam and knockback spam can really help counteract that. Surely you don't have the damage potential of a dedicated condi Rev, but you can still rip people apart with how much you can spam Mallyx skills between Charged Mists and Ancient Echo.

> > >

> > > Here is the build if you are interested. I didn't really try to min max or super-theorycraft anything since i had to just roll with the gear I already had available to me, so my stat combos aren't the holy grail. However, I do find the traits to all work really nicely together. I have many many many hours spent on core Rev so this sort of build is right up my alley.

> > >

> > > http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PmwAkeZlhQJsIiiJRTMIqiBShMBagD7jaaF-zVRYRB59GdchlSkJQlFQmRQvhg3DA-w

> >

> > I higly appreciate your input! Although I'm going into this with a bit of a disdain towards Mallyx (given the current condi situation in wvw roaming), I thought that Mallyx not being on Herald would be less of a "spam" build, given how True Nature has that gist of being unevadable/unblockable etc.

> >

> > I suppose that my sustained healing will be quite low with Ventari, but given how torment will be my way of dealing damage, I suppose I can simply smap the elite knockback in close quarters and then switch to Mallyx to load the enemy with torment.

> >

> > In any case, I'm glad you offered this info! Thanks!

>

> Yeah no problem!

>

> I would argue that core Rev has access to the *most* spammable gameplay simply due to it having access to Ancient Echo. I actually like that, which is one of the main reasons I like to play as core. I totally get your disdain towards playing as a condi roamer and totally relate to that. I don't really like playing Mallyx anymore either due to how easy it is to faceroll everything, but there is a certain fun in the challenge of playing it with such a...special legend like Ventari. What sort of build have you thought up for yourself?

>

> Self-healing while In Ventari is not like it used to be since the big balance patch, but as core and with Ancient Echo, you have a greater opportunity to heal yourself more due to the excess energy flow. I have found that in a lot of the fights I have had so far, I am able to avoid damage via bubble/blinds/knockbacks, and since you will be using your Ventari elite a lot, the fragments from that are still quite nice. While not spectacular since the build doesn't have a huge boon spread, the barrier from Salvation helps ease the incoming damage too.

>

> If you give it (or any Vent/Mall build) a go, good luck and let me know how it goes. If you are on NA I will keep an eye out for you.

Oh man im from EU, fsp server. Too bad.

But in any case, I totally get what you mean. Kinda wish I played Ventari pre patch to experience it myself. I'm also kinda sucking for each rev roamer I play to be unique (which is why I didn't pair other legends and why I prefer running kalla instead of shiro with jalis for power renegade). I got myself accustomed with Ventari as well though, by trying to make a core healer build with jalis and ventari.

Ultimately, the build is a copy to yours, with only difference being I got apothecary weapons and trinkets (plaugedoctor backpiece), which are exotic and I used maguuma lily gems to upgrade them. runes nd sigils the same. can't wait to test it with my guildies. I imagine that ventari will bring some interesting teamplay in smallscale as well, so it's not a very selfish build if anything.

> > @"Za Shaloc.3908" said:

> > > @"Grand Marshal.4098" said:

> > > > @"Za Shaloc.3908" said:

> > > > Well seems like you know that if you are even considering the legend combo, it is gonna be a meme build, period. I have been playing around with such a build lately and I have been having a blast on it, even if just for the stupid novelty of roaming with Ventari again. I like to run around unmounted solo with the tablet following me around to see how many people I can bait to fight me. It has actually been surprisingly effective and I have won many outnumbered fights with it in the short amount of time I have played it. Why? Well Mallyx and Tormenting runes on top of tanky stats are all hard carries. I also think people expect a free kill when they see Ventari so don't actually know how to fight it since it is so uncommon. I actually love fighting Soulbeasts with it because I can kitten their longbow with a ridiculously long-lasting bubble and strip their precious rolling stability. You have really great condi management between transfers, Ventari, and cleansing sigil, and while you are vulnerable to CC in Ventari, the blind spam and knockback spam can really help counteract that. Surely you don't have the damage potential of a dedicated condi Rev, but you can still rip people apart with how much you can spam Mallyx skills between Charged Mists and Ancient Echo.

> > > >

> > > > Here is the build if you are interested. I didn't really try to min max or super-theorycraft anything since i had to just roll with the gear I already had available to me, so my stat combos aren't the holy grail. However, I do find the traits to all work really nicely together. I have many many many hours spent on core Rev so this sort of build is right up my alley.

> > > >

> > > > http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PmwAkeZlhQJsIiiJRTMIqiBShMBagD7jaaF-zVRYRB59GdchlSkJQlFQmRQvhg3DA-w

> > >

> > > I higly appreciate your input! Although I'm going into this with a bit of a disdain towards Mallyx (given the current condi situation in wvw roaming), I thought that Mallyx not being on Herald would be less of a "spam" build, given how True Nature has that gist of being unevadable/unblockable etc.

> > >

> > > I suppose that my sustained healing will be quite low with Ventari, but given how torment will be my way of dealing damage, I suppose I can simply smap the elite knockback in close quarters and then switch to Mallyx to load the enemy with torment.

> > >

> > > In any case, I'm glad you offered this info! Thanks!

> >

> > Yeah no problem!

> >

> > I would argue that core Rev has access to the *most* spammable gameplay simply due to it having access to Ancient Echo. I actually like that, which is one of the main reasons I like to play as core. I totally get your disdain towards playing as a condi roamer and totally relate to that. I don't really like playing Mallyx anymore either due to how easy it is to faceroll everything, but there is a certain fun in the challenge of playing it with such a...special legend like Ventari. What sort of build have you thought up for yourself?

> >

> > Self-healing while In Ventari is not like it used to be since the big balance patch, but as core and with Ancient Echo, you have a greater opportunity to heal yourself more due to the excess energy flow. I have found that in a lot of the fights I have had so far, I am able to avoid damage via bubble/blinds/knockbacks, and since you will be using your Ventari elite a lot, the fragments from that are still quite nice. While not spectacular since the build doesn't have a huge boon spread, the barrier from Salvation helps ease the incoming damage too.

> >

> > If you give it (or any Vent/Mall build) a go, good luck and let me know how it goes. If you are on NA I will keep an eye out for you.

>

> Oh man im from EU, fsp server. Too bad.

>

> But in any case, I totally get what you mean. Kinda wish I played Ventari pre patch to experience it myself. I'm also kinda sucking for each rev roamer I play to be unique (which is why I didn't pair other legends and why I prefer running kalla instead of shiro with jalis for power renegade). I got myself accustomed with Ventari as well though, by trying to make a core healer build with jalis and ventari.

>

> Ultimately, the build is a copy to yours, with only difference being I got apothecary weapons and trinkets (plaugedoctor backpiece), which are exotic and I used maguuma lily gems to upgrade them. runes nd sigils the same. can't wait to test it with my guildies. I imagine that ventari will bring some interesting teamplay in smallscale as well, so it's not a very selfish build if anything.

Wrong Shiverpeaks then! Heh.

Pre-patch roaming was still a total meme as Ventari, but the outgoing healing for allies was insane. It got nerfed haaaaard with very little compensation, to the point that I can put out much higher hps on my Druid than on my Heal Rev. IMO they overnerfed it for WvW, as healing was kinda its only thing. But I digress, still a sour point for me lol.

Best of luck to you! Just know it ain't some magical secret build. I tend to like it more than just a pure healer build in small skirmishes because it can be nice to have actual offensive impact when stuck with limp-dps pugs. If you are running with friends, you can easily swap out a trait or more in Salvation to give your heals greater value.

You can use Shiro/Dwarf stances. I met one core reve roamer with this setup. Don't know with combo of skill he use, but like one shot build with tanky sustain. If you play correct you can melt ppl. Sword/ Sword and Staff . And again don't know traits but you can achive look like one shot build on core reve. Meyby someone with experience can tell more about that.

I have 3 builds for WvW Core Rev roaming.

This is for Anti Condi : http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PmwAwyZlxQIMPKi1RSMOCiRSgMCSgD9k9SH-zVRYBBLGdsCppCIzQozEo3IAA-w

Features :

- Sustained Damage

- Resistance uptime and Condi removal

- Oppressive CC in Demon to pair with Sword 2 and Autos

- Stunbreak on both Stances, however no Stability means high weakness to CC spam.

This is for Sustain and Damage against any other sort of Duelist style power build can also be used to fight Condi builds : http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PmwAwyZlhQHsIyhJRNMI6hBSfMBKgD9SbyC-zVRYBBLGdsCppCIzQozEo3IAA-w

Features :

- Sustained Damage

- Sustain

- Stability

- Projectile hate

- Oppressive CC

- Very hard to die due to having 2 chunky heals

- Weak to getting kited and probably can't chase any Thief or Ranger

This is pure Assassin. All or Nothing. Yu either down the target, or just back off and wait till yu can try another burst, just like a Thief : http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PmwAwyZlxQHMPyh1RNMO6hRSfMCKgl2k1SF-zVRYBBLGdsCppCIzQozEo3IAA-w

This build is focused on spiking a target and downing them instantly with skill combo

Combos are :

Daggers > PT > Sword 2 > Sword 5 to finish the job (Shiro Start)

Daggers > PT > Sword 4 and use Impossible Odds during the windup (Shiro Start)

Taunt > Sword 5 > Weapon Swap > Sword 2 and Auto attacks (Jalis Start)

Back off if yu expand yur burst and fail to kill anyone . Yur gonna 100% die because this build doesn't have any Sustain in mind.

Benefits of running Core Rev over Herald for Power builds :

The main strength is the ability to recharge yur Energy in combat while gaining a nifty buff based on the Legend.

This unlocks alot of different possibilities a Herald can't attain.

Example, Shiro Echo gives yu 2 more Unblockables, in addition to PT, allowing yu to use it mid chase and smack a running enemy with 4 unblockables, like Scrappers or Guardians, and bypass their blocks.

Dwarf Echo is a mini RotGD, which is great for staving off dumb builds like Power Mesmer burst and Grenade Engi (if those still exist). Yu essentially just lol nope their entire burst with 1 button press.

Most importantly is that Ancient Echo allows yu to leave yur Upkeep skills on for longer, which is helpful for DPSing tier 3 camps solo and deleting them within 20s.

Herald also suffers from 2 unreliable heal, while sporting good health sustain instead.

Having 2 unreliable heals means they are very weak to getting bursted by hit and run style builds (Thieves, other Revs)

Core Rev builds that run Shiro can bring 1 backup heal on their other Legend that doesn't rely on their enemy being stupid.

Core Revs are also less likely to suffer from Boon ripping or Boon Corrupting, while a Herald with their Boons corrupted is in deep trouble.

Power Heralds are also extremely weak to Condi, which is kind of the main reason why I refuse to run Herald and run Core instead.

> @"Yasai.3549" said:

> I have 3 builds for WvW Core Rev roaming.

>

> This is for Anti Condi : http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PmwAwyZlxQIMPKi1RSMOCiRSgMCSgD9k9SH-zVRYBBLGdsCppCIzQozEo3IAA-w

> Features :

> - Sustained Damage

> - Resistance uptime and Condi removal

> - Oppressive CC in Demon to pair with Sword 2 and Autos

> - Stunbreak on both Stances, however no Stability means high weakness to CC spam.

>

> This is for Sustain and Damage against any other sort of Duelist style power build can also be used to fight Condi builds : http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PmwAwyZlhQHsIyhJRNMI6hBSfMBKgD9SbyC-zVRYBBLGdsCppCIzQozEo3IAA-w

> Features :

> - Sustained Damage

> - Sustain

> - Stability

> - Projectile hate

> - Oppressive CC

> - Very hard to die due to having 2 chunky heals

> - Weak to getting kited and probably can't chase any Thief or Ranger

>

> This is pure Assassin. All or Nothing. Yu either down the target, or just back off and wait till yu can try another burst, just like a Thief : http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PmwAwyZlxQHMPyh1RNMO6hRSfMCKgl2k1SF-zVRYBBLGdsCppCIzQozEo3IAA-w

>

> This build is focused on spiking a target and downing them instantly with skill combo

> Combos are :

> Daggers > PT > Sword 2 > Sword 5 to finish the job (Shiro Start)

> Daggers > PT > Sword 4 and use Impossible Odds during the windup (Shiro Start)

> Taunt > Sword 5 > Weapon Swap > Sword 2 and Auto attacks (Jalis Start)

>

> Back off if yu expand yur burst and fail to kill anyone . Yur gonna 100% die because this build doesn't have any Sustain in mind.

>

> Benefits of running Core Rev over Herald for Power builds :

> The main strength is the ability to recharge yur Energy in combat while gaining a nifty buff based on the Legend.

> This unlocks alot of different possibilities a Herald can't attain.

>

> Example, Shiro Echo gives yu 2 more Unblockables, in addition to PT, allowing yu to use it mid chase and smack a running enemy with 4 unblockables, like Scrappers or Guardians, and bypass their blocks.

> Dwarf Echo is a mini RotGD, which is great for staving off dumb builds like Power Mesmer burst and Grenade Engi (if those still exist). Yu essentially just lol nope their entire burst with 1 button press.

>

> Most importantly is that Ancient Echo allows yu to leave yur Upkeep skills on for longer, which is helpful for DPSing tier 3 camps solo and deleting them within 20s.

>

> Herald also suffers from 2 unreliable heal, while sporting good health sustain instead.

> Having 2 unreliable heals means they are very weak to getting bursted by hit and run style builds (Thieves, other Revs)

>

> Core Rev builds that run Shiro can bring 1 backup heal on their other Legend that doesn't rely on their enemy being stupid.

> Core Revs are also less likely to suffer from Boon ripping or Boon Corrupting, while a Herald with their Boons corrupted is in deep trouble.

> Power Heralds are also extremely weak to Condi, which is kind of the main reason why I refuse to run Herald and run Core instead.

>

Pretty darn nice! Thanks for sharing! I really enjoy Core Rev and the only reason I run Shiro on Herald for power, is because I feel like Glint complements Shiro better than other core legends (of course I'm not a master rev to fully grasp the mindset of how Shiro with Jalis can be better).

Thoughts on a Power Renegade with shortbow and kalla? should I stick to a power build or go hybrid condi?

> Pretty darn nice! Thanks for sharing! I really enjoy Core Rev and the only reason I run Shiro on Herald for power, is because I feel like Glint complements Shiro better than other core legends (of course I'm not a master rev to fully grasp the mindset of how Shiro with Jalis can be better).

Glint only "compliments" Shiro because of how stupidly expensive Shiro is, while Glint costing basically nothing. (But Glint has cooldowns)

If yu wanna play Shiro - Jalis, it's all about sticking to yur target, gap closing, bursting with Shiro, and trying to bulldoze and run over a weakened enemy with Jalis.

Glint compliments a Hit - run - Hit - run playstyle, Jalis has to be played more like a Warrior and keep sticking to get value out of Vengeful Hammers.

> Thoughts on a Power Renegade with shortbow and kalla? should I stick to a power build or go hybrid condi?

I have made a post and build about Power Renegade before : https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/99009/wvw-power-renegade-build-for-roaming-and-zerging

It's an okay build, but yu will be playing more like a kiting character due to how nothing really compliments Shortbow Ranged playstyle other than Kalla, which are basically AoE drops which people can easily walk out of, unless yu bait people to stand inside it while they try to attack yu, but then, they are just asking to die and giving a free kill.

Yur gonna have a way easier time running Hybrid or Condi Renegade.

> @"Doctor.1384" said:

> If you want to roam with core rev youll have a better time running trailblazer corruption retribution invocation and dwarf demon with mace staff

Will definitely try it out once I get some spare armor!

So far I'm having a blast with the plaguedoctor/apothecary Mallyx/Ventari combo.

Took me a while and some deaths, but the team utility with ventari and the ability to use Mallyx to get right into the enemy combines 2 very nice facets of combat to me. Frontline backup and high pressure damage dealer.

I can definitely see Trailblazer and Jalis giving a very unique sense to this build too though.