Please tell me why

WillPaharu.4837

> @"WillPaharu.4837" said:

> > @"ButterPeanut.9746" said:

> > Here are the problems with the arguments being made.

> > 1) It assumes metabattle is a source of truth for what is strong and therefore deserves nerfs. This is a false assumption to make as many others have already described.

> > 2) It assumes that the only reason you nerf skills is due to it being meta. This is also a false assumption to make. For instance, decap builds could very well just be nerfed because they are insanely unfun to play against, regardless of their effectiveness. Effectiveness of a build is not the only reason to buff/nerf something.

>

> I don't think any one has been able to say that the builds listed as meta on metabattle aren't meta....cuz they are. So yes, it's a source of truth. Taking the nerfes as a target to decap druid, I feel the changes were completely unnecessary and low priority. We can all agree that DH and Rev needed more nerfing. However the changes to GS aren't bad any way. I've gotten over it hhaaha XD it was actually a buff if you wanna do damage. I still wish they did something more productive so there would be more variety in plat games, but meh.

You feel they are low priority, but that is just your opinion.

1) Maybe these changes were way quicker to make. So maybe it wasn't a choice between "nerf druid now vs nerf DH now". It was a "nerf druid now, or nerf neither of them now because we don't have time for DH" nerfs. You are assuming they are "prioritized over eachother" which isn't necessarily true.

2) You are referring to metabattle and using the phrase "meta", but then also referring to ranked. Which one is it? Is metabattle the source for meta builds at the highest level? (i.e. monthly ATs), or is it for strong ranked builds? Is it both? Which ones get balancing priorities if it is both?

3) You are also prioritizing effectiveness as the primary reason for balance, when one huge factor for balance in any game is "fun". Decap knockback builds are the absolute kings of the "unfun builds to play against" category. They very well could have prioritized those nerfs over something else that might be "more effective" simply because the druid was so unfun to play against.

None of my points could end up being true, but I'm not claiming they are. I'm just claiming that we don't know, so we shouldn't' be assuming and suggesting a fan made site with questionable credibility at best as the holy grail for balance.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic