Zerg Thief

Bane.4103

Not sure how this is going to be received, but I would like to see the next elite for thief be something that we can use in group fights in WvW. I think it would also open up new jobs for the thief in PvP as well. I imagine the thief is probably getting the great sword and will be a samuri or assassin/ninja like class. It would be great if there was a tanker side to one of the traits. It feels like the Thief has been bottle necked into the same type of game play. The Dead eye was fun, but now the rifle is way too clunky and doesn't have the knock down power of a sniper. It used to, but now it's just too weak and not much fun.

The big difference can be felt when swapping between ranger and dead eye. The ranger bow is much more responsive. Dead eye cool downs are too long and too quick for multiple skills. I feel like I do one or two skills then I'm just running around hitting 1 forever waiting for a recharge.

I get roaming thief is still good, but how about other play styles with the profession?

I still love the thief, I just wish it had a little more diversity.

You can build for it but you're visually active and you know you'll get focused. When I'm not using Death's Retreat or Snipers Cover Rifle mostly delivers Death's Judgment's and Debuff, Marked, Stolen Skill pushes. If they live through your push and you gas out into auto it's not horrible but it feels and sounds lame. I'd rather it was dialed all the way up to Commando wackiness or dialed down to Rainbow Six silencer and allow single press shot or hold for fast full auto that can be spread for cleave with damage adjusted.